Directors statement

The Voodooguru

1 minute ago, town4me said:

Yes.  All 3 cumbrian clubs do it regularly. No money and no conveyer belt of players means regular turnaround in fortunes. Barrow and haven will be backbin L1 in the next 3 years or so. Its always happened and always will unless one of the 3 finds a sugar daddy who will throw money into a bottomless pit. The advantage we have is the new stadium and the buisness opportunities it "MAY" bring.

Tha all depends on the new league structures and that comes in 2024 league one will have no funding at all, can see Haven being part of the usual merry-go-round but Barrow seem to be moving in the right direction by being self sufficient off the field and totally delivering on the field, reality is we are 3 years behind them and a new stadium isn't going to change that. I fear there will be no promotion in 2023 and we will be left unfunded in league 1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, town4me said:

Yes.  All 3 cumbrian clubs do it regularly. No money and no conveyer belt of players means regular turnaround in fortunes. Barrow and haven will be backbin L1 in the next 3 years or so. Its always happened and always will unless one of the 3 finds a sugar daddy who will throw money into a bottomless pit. The advantage we have is the new stadium and the buisness opportunities it "MAY" bring.

Here's hoping 🤞 very frustrating being a town fan like but like as been said before I'll still be handing my coin out the next yam match.

• Like 4

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

3 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

Tha all depends on the new league structures and that comes in 2024 league one will have no funding at all, can see Haven being part of the usual merry-go-round but Barrow seem to be moving in the right direction by being self sufficient off the field and totally delivering on the field, reality is we are 3 years behind them and a new stadium isn't going to change that. I fear there will be no promotion in 2023 and we will be left unfunded in league 1

Not knocking barrow coz yes they are currently going well. Haven were last season now look at them best of a bad group. Barrow have a number of local players peaking and getting towards veteran stage and they have generated the cash to bring  in some quality. A few of their player now on SL clubs radar. As I said IMO rapid changes in fortunes for all 3 clubs. Always has happened and always will

2 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Here's hoping 🤞 very frustrating being a town fan like but like as been said before I'll still be handing my coin out the next yam match.

Me too mate 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, town4me said:

Not knocking barrow coz yes they are currently going well. Haven were last season now look at them best of a bad group. Barrow have a number of local players peaking and getting towards veteran stage and they have generated the cash to bring  in some quality. A few of their player now on SL clubs radar. As I said IMO rapid changes in fortunes for all 3 clubs. Always has happened and always will

Me too mate 

Barrow have sorted there off field issues out and are now getting big crowds to support there fantastic season so far, with there current board they are miles ahead of us and anyone who thinks different needs to take there head out of the sand, there business model is superb and working.

Haven fans say they have been massively unlucky with injuries loosing the spine of there team but are still there fighting to stay in the championship, bringing players in to try to survive. Being honest with fans and financially secure for at least this season on supposedly less money than we got.

What's our excuse ?? We got promoted late ffs that's a cop out and a joke, face facts our coach signed badly and hasnt delivered, every interview lied to fans,. we over spent on poor quality players and now we were facing bankruptcy prior to forcing players to take a massive paycuts and offloading players to anyone who will have them including our relegation rivals.

We are an embarrassment with a board that is hiding behind weak statements. 

If the board though anything of the fans that keep the club going they would hold a meeting with the fans same as our neighbours did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tbgfc said:

Barrow have sorted there off field issues out and are now getting big crowds to support there fantastic season so far, with there current board they are miles ahead of us and anyone who thinks different needs to take there head out of the sand, there business model is superb and working.

Haven fans say they have been massively unlucky with injuries loosing the spine of there team but are still there fighting to stay in the championship, bringing players in to try to survive. Being honest with fans and financially secure for at least this season on supposedly less money than we got.

What's our excuse ?? We got promoted late ffs that's a cop out and a joke, face facts our coach signed badly and hasnt delivered, every interview lied to fans,. we over spent on poor quality players and now we were facing bankruptcy prior to forcing players to take a massive paycuts and offloading players to anyone who will have them including our relegation rivals.

If the board though anything of the fans that keep the club going they would hold a meeting with the fans same as our neighbours did.

It's sad to see you calling us an embarrassment. I prefer to call it a victim of our own success coming up too soon under CT.  Barrow are getting "big" crowds? How big are they compared to our playoff crowds?  They were a yoyo club for the last 4 years and stack captained them to a big win over town recently. It wasn't that long ago he was part of a town side putting 50 on barrow.  

24 minutes ago, town4me said:

It's sad to see you calling us an embarrassment. I prefer to call it a victim of our own success coming up too soon under CT.  Barrow are getting "big" crowds? How big are they compared to our playoff crowds?  They were a yoyo club for the last 4 years and stack captained them to a big win over town recently. It wasn't that long ago he was part of a town side putting 50 on barrow.  

We are not victims of our own success though. We were promoted and quite rightly so but our signings have average best, we basically signed Newcastles cast offs, teams have strengthened through out the year we never, Chris has said numerous times there's money to sign players even quoting numerous over seas players that were coming but never showed, them Fijians must be knackered in that canoe by now.

How many time has it been spoken on here about our lack of size way before the season started and what do we get a Wigan academy player for a couple of games and a whitehaven cast off prop in exchange of one of our better players imo.

How many games have we failed to score a single point, we all joked about how bad west Wales were in league one but ATM I feel like we are the west Wales of the championship being fobbed off by half ar*£d statements off our board. We pay our money week in week out so we deserve some truths don't we.

I also don't buy that the fixtures play a part in our financial woes,simple maths 14 teams in the league, 13 home games regardless of when they are is the same as any other team in the league. Cut your cloth accordingly.

Edited by tbgfc

6 minutes ago, tbgfc said:

We are not victims of our own success though. We were promoted and quite rightly so but our signings have average best, we basically signed Newcastles cast offs, teams have strengthened through out the year we never, Chris has said numerous times there's money to sign players even quoting numerous over seas players that were coming but never showed, them Fijians must be knackered in that canoe by now.

How many time has it been spoken on here about our lack of size way before the season started and what do we get a Wigan academy player for a couple of games and a whitehaven cast off prop in exchange of one of our better players imo.

How many games have we failed to score a single point, we all joked about how bad west Wales were in league one but ATM I feel like we are the west Wales of the championship being fobbed off by half ar*£d statements off our board. We pay our money week in week out so we deserve some truths don't we.

I also don't buy that the fixtures play a part in our financial woes,simple maths 14 teams in the league, 13 home games regardless of when they are is the same as any other team in the league. Cut your cloth accordingly.

I understand your frustration. We are all frustrated. IMO the budget wasn't  big enough. You have to work with what you have. Its time to stick together and move forward 

42 minutes ago, town4me said:

What is it with you and trying to bring down other clubs? As tbgfc has said Barrow are years ahead of Workington, not only in financial stability and  structure but academy team and a kids junior player jets program and a ladies Super League team. They are building very well and are self sufficiant, they own property for overseas players to be housed etc, they have quite a youthful home grown spine in the halves, young forwards too along with experience, they are a very strong and healthy club and will continue to grow in the coming years. They are getting it right. Stop projecting on others and focus on your club, no one wants to see clubs in Workingtons predicament, let's hope they get it right this time and begin the building for future stability. 

Edited by Johnny Ringo
Typo
  • Like 1

Just now, Johnny Ringo said:

What is it with you and trying to bring down other clubs? As tbgfc has said Barrow are years ahead of Workington, not only in financial stability and  structure but academy team and a kids junior player jets program and a ladies Super League team. They are building very well and are self sufficiant, they own property for overseas players to be housed etc, they have quite a youthful home grown spine in the halves, young forwards too along with experience, they are a very strong and healthy club and will continue to grow in the coming years. They are getting it right. Stop projecting on others and focus on your club, no one wants to see clubs in Wotkingtons predicament, let's hope they get it right this time and begin the building for future srability. 

Yeah ok mate. Like I say it's a constant turnaround in cumbria. Always has 

been and always will be. 

Just now, town4me said:

Yeah ok mate. Like I say it's a constant turnaround in cumbria. Always has 

been and always will be. 

Just Cumbria? Look at Broncos, Dewsbury for a start, most clubs hit hard times and then good times, in football too, it's up and down in the heart lands as much as it in other areas too. Barrow will be fine for a while to come. They are the current model to be aspiring to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Just Cumbria? Look at Broncos, Dewsbury for a start, most clubs hit hard times and then good times, in football too, it's up and down in the heart lands as much as it in other areas too. Barrow will be fine for a while to come. They are the current model to be aspiring to. 

"For a while" your words.  Nowt against barrow   but your right. Its a while then rebuild.  How Old stack 35?

2 minutes ago, town4me said:

"For a while" your words.  Nowt against barrow   but your right. Its a while then rebuild.  How Old stack 35?

Most clubs in the Championship will have 35 or 36 year old pros in their ranks, it's normal and also wise. Barrow have already began recruiting for next season, one experienced Championship player already brought in and others in talks. That's called planning ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Most clubs in the Championship will have 35 or 36 year old pros in their ranks, it's normal and also wise. Barrow have already began recruiting for next season, one experienced Championship player already brought in and others in talks. That's called planning ahead. 

Ok. L1 in next 3 years. Good night. 

Lots of general speculation on this thread but can anyone genuinely answer the following. 

1 . How much is the central funding from the RFL and how is it distributed. 

2.There are rumours all the time in this sport about possible restructuring but is there concrete plans announced anywhere 

18 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Lots of general speculation on this thread but can anyone genuinely answer the following. 

1 . How much is the central funding from the RFL and how is it distributed. 

2.There are rumours all the time in this sport about possible restructuring but is there concrete plans announced anywhere 

Can’t say about the central funding but it has been covered on the main pages if you have a search, but the RFL have confirmed no changes for 2023 so most RL watchers take that as notice that there will be a restructuring of some description in 2024 or 2025

11 hours ago, tbgfc said:

Totally agree with this, there have been some very lame excuses to try and cover up some awful decisions. 

I keep seeing this myth repeated on here about how we got promoted “a year too soon”. What a load of rubbish. Do people honestly think that another year beating the same old L1 teams would have made us any better prepared for this league ? Whenever we got promoted it was going to require a complete rebuild of the squad because the difference between the 2 leagues is enormous. The fact is somebody made the decision to not spend what was required, and that’s ok if we didn’t have it, but we then compounded that by spending what we did have on the wrong mix of players. From day 1 we all said our pack was too small and our halves too slow. Our coach wouldn’t have it and was too wrapped up in his own theory about packing the team with smaller mobile forwards. Well that worked out well. 

Then there is the issue of being the last team promoted and how it hampered recruitment. Well, we were a couple of weeks behind but not long enough to have made a huge difference. Other clubs were still signing players in December and January when we were struggling to. I have heard from 2 players who were approached by Town why they didn’t sign. Nothing to do with money or travelling. But I’d better not say too much or I’ll upset the “Cult of Chris” followers on here.

Finally, does nobody else see the irony of what has happened this week ? We sneak out a statement on the website saying we are in trouble financially and that’s as much as they’ve done. Meanwhile Haven, who apparently aren’t in financial trouble, hold a public meeting in their bar and get about 100 people there and probably took a grand or so over the bar ! 

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

What a joke bad enough letting Davis go to our biggest Rivals but now Tear what a insult to the lads and lasses that pay there pounds. I blame the old regime for this they gave Thorman a crazy contract after winning the playoffs now he can’t be chased. 

19 hours ago, JMB said:

To me the board have forced the players in to a corner, you either take a 33% pay cut or find another club, and by the way you only have till Friday to decide as that's the Rfl cut off date 22nd july for transfers, this situation hasn't just  happened over night, more to this than what they are saying. 

It wouldn't be a transfer. By demanding a change in their contracts the players can refuse and immediately become free agents. As such they can sign for any other club anytime.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, donald said:

The 3 names doing the rounds yesterday was doran Henson and teare so looks like it's teare who's signed . Heard doran will prob stay at town next season as he's due his testimonial soon

Henson and Doran are playing today