Directors statement

The Voodooguru

3 hours ago, chromedome said:

Blimey talk about having to sail a sinking ship then........it must drive those in control of an endangered club bonkers? All sorts of dilemmas to deal with. 

As with most rules this is to assist SL clubs who wouldn't want to be saddled with a massive wage bill if relegated.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, donald said:

Teare was at the haven game today but by all accounts town are refusing to let him leave 

Haven CEO said on radio that they would be announcing a signing tomorrow that has just been released from a club, the RFL have okayed it , I'm not a betting man but I would say that's Teare.

• Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Haven CEO said on radio that they would be announcing a signing tomorrow that has just been released from a club, the RFL have okayed it , I'm not a betting man but I would say that's Teare.

So have i got this right....they have a meeting because they're broke then sign a player from us and get Qareqare on loan ? 

5 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

So have i got this right....they have a meeting because they're broke then sign a player from us and get Qareqare on loan ? 

Meeting wasn't about being broke, however it was stated that haven " were sound" till the end of the season I believe 

13 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

It would be interesting to know what the playing budgets were in the championship and league one. Just purely as a comparison to see how we compared on that front.

The meeting on Friday said Havens budget was the lowest in the Championship at £156000.

53 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

The meeting on Friday said Havens budget was the lowest in the Championship at £156000.

There are budgets and "budgets" - the latter might involve direct sponsorship to players, jobs with sponsors etc. Takes you back to 1895, doesn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We are where we are. Ever fan as to try n get behind team and club.(i know not easy with past performances etc etc).Haven 4 or 5 years ago were nearly out of business, bradord n halifax too. Everybody goes through bad patches but we need the help n support of fans ect.  We had wembley n super league in past. Lets get the club on the up again got a stadium to look forward to. We dont want end up like bramley runcorn etc. Come everybody. Utt

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, David69 said:

We are where we are. Ever fan as to try n get behind team and club.(i know not easy with past performances etc etc).Haven 4 or 5 years ago were nearly out of business, bradord n halifax too. Everybody goes through bad patches but we need the help n support of fans ect.  We had wembley n super league in past. Lets get the club on the up again got a stadium to look forward to. We dont want end up like bramley runcorn etc. Come everybody. Utt

I've never known a club that as so many 1 leap forwards and 2 leaps back than us,the die hards will still be there but the fickle won't. This season as been another missed opportunity and back to the place we defo didn't want to be.

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

10 hours ago, anok4u said:

I've never known a club that as so many 1 leap forwards and 2 leaps back than us,the die hards will still be there but the fickle won't. This season as been another missed opportunity and back to the place we defo didn't want to be.

Totally agree, everyone at the start of the season was aware what the team needed, unfortunately we tried to reinvent the wheel with small mobile forwards, added to very poor recruitment and unwillingness to change the path, leaves us where we are now.

Attendances down nearly half, contracts too high and serious financial issues.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So now we are told that Town has a higher player budget than Jam and have signed fewer players than them . I would say average attendance not that much different.  Yet club on verge of bankruptcy.  For me there may be a touch of the Boris Johnsons about it all.

Judging things by actions not the (few) words, it's reasonable to say that, at the start of the season , the Board believed or hoped, that Thorman was good enough to keep the club up with existing squad.

Then when this proved wrong nothing was done for months. Other fans have said the same thing... an early decision was taken to accept that team was likely to he relegated and, for reasons  never explained, do minimum to appease fans  until end of season  . Then this proved wrong  So we had to get the public statement earlier than intended.

Yes let's try and be positive and fans must rally round and continue to support club as I will. That's why, to restore the faith and trust of the fans, need a public meeting to restore a constructive partnership with fans and volunteers for what is an uncertain future. As somebody said earlier, at least that would boost funds in bar takings more than any sales of replica shirts. Lol

• Like 1

The whole contract system kills teams the lower down the leagues you are .before you signed a player , the Club owned the player who could only leave through a transfer fee .At least in that system you got something back when he left .Now players still get a signing on fee , plus a contract where thay get paid whether they play ,are out injured ,not picked , suspended  , etc...at least i take it they do , i might be wrong on how the system works . It now seems to be a case of the tail wagging the dog , as now the players have the power not the Clubs themselves .

44 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

The whole contract system kills teams the lower down the leagues you are .before you signed a player , the Club owned the player who could only leave through a transfer fee .At least in that system you got something back when he left .Now players still get a signing on fee , plus a contract where thay get paid whether they play ,are out injured ,not picked , suspended  , etc...at least i take it they do , i might be wrong on how the system works . It now seems to be a case of the tail wagging the dog , as now the players have the power not the Clubs themselves 

A meeting should be called with the b o d and the supporters, just to clear the air and come clean on what has gone wrong both finacaly and on the field, tomany lies been told by the club/coach over the last few months, and a line must be drawn under it all,  the club must realise that a joint effort will  raise the cash that can get the club back up and running, to push the club forward and out of this situation. 

13 hours ago, anok4u said:

Don't regard myself as fickle as supporter of nearly 30 years but I've never felt so hacked off before. Teare going is last straw. I feel I would be stupid to waste any more money. I'll be back when and if there is ever a team worth supporting in West Cumbria.

33 minutes ago, JMB said:

A meeting should be called with the b o d and the supporters, just to clear the air and come clean on what has gone wrong both finacaly and on the field, tomany lies been told by the club/coach over the last few months, and a line must be drawn under it all,  the club must realise that a joint effort will  raise the cash that can get the club back up and running, to push the club forward and out of this situation. 

I would be 100 % sure the coach would not lie about anything maybe the club have skirted around issues. U can't run a club on volunteers we need money people to move the club forward simple as. To many Directors who put loads of time into the club but not much more and I wouldn't blame them. UTT

• Like 1