Match thread: Championship Rd 20. Featherstone Rovers v York. Sunday 24th July 2022.

We go again. 16 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses from 19 games so far in the league. Just eight games to go before the playoffs.

AFAICS there were no major injuries from the Whitehaven match.

Let's see if any of the 21 man squad (Gale, Ford, Davies and Moors) regain their place in the XVII to face York.

Or if any injured players (Hepi, Pickersgill, Cuthbertson) are ready for action (Kopczak and Kheirallah not).

On 18/07/2022 at 20:35, jamescolin said:

I took 85/90 degrees in Eygpt  when I was 18. Now 70 years later I struggle.  As one of m,y staff used to say 

:  I am middlein to ######. Ha Ha all the best.

Where were you stationed ? 

11 hours ago, jamescolin said:

1952/1954 Royal Engineers Port Said IWT. Canal and Road to Suez and back. Recalled in 1956 for Suez Crisis.

My dad was in Port Said , Ismailia and Al Ballah , signals , I've heard the stories a hundred times , still enjoy them 😉

17 minutes ago, Adam B said:

The big question now is what constitutes the greatest miracle - what Ford witnessed in that delivery room last weekend, or ever seeing him in a Fev shirt again?

He’s been a massive waste of money so far

13 minutes ago, Mick the Miller said:

Can tickets be bought on the day at the ground? 

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Aye, but they're cheaper if you buy in advance from the website.

Yes. Go to the ticket booth in the main car park to buy. 

As David says save £2 if you get one from here before (I think midday tomorrow)

York City Knights | My Sports Tickets

Always had this down as a win. And Monday nights game in the warm conditions will not have helped a York team on a bad run.Think we will win by 20+ points but it's the overall performance i will  take note of.Yorks  right winger Brown looks weak under pressure so lets see what Lineham  can do against him.

25 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Always had this down as a win. And Monday nights game in the warm conditions will not have helped a York team on a bad run.Think we will win by 20+ points but it's the overall performance i will  take note of.Yorks  right winger Brown looks weak under pressure so lets see what Lineham  can do against him.

joe brown has been one of our better players this season  so god help us😉

• Confused 1

Yes not good that again but with everyone else nearby loosin that should at least be 2nd sewn up regardless

Jacks probably out next week lookin at how he limped off, no bussey in the second half

Cannot believe we will see an unfit Jono Ford more than likely take to the field and try and guide us round the park vs leigh

Looking forward to the day session round leeds, hopefully will not see the bash game