Daniel Divet

plug

2 hours ago, philcow said:

One of my fave fev players ever even though only one season i loved the way he used to kick off if he made a break and nobody bothered to support him if he would have stayed longer would have been a true fev legend.

Yes the winger who came with him  for company wasn't bad either.

He nearly always likes stuff I share about Fev on social media, so Must have loved his time with us 

Im Fev and im proud

On 20/07/2022 at 16:52, sentoffagain2 said:

Yes the winger who came with him  for company wasn't bad either.

Freddy bucket (apply the french accent)?

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

8 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Freddy bucket (apply the french accent)?

Aye the mercurial feddie 15 tries 17 goal in 20 games and he scored the first try in  SL .

5 hours ago, Tubby said:

I can't believe Divet was only here for a year, my memory had made it much longer.  He had absolutely everything, good hands, power, the brain for it...

I was going to post something very similar, bizarrely including that sense he'd been with us for more than just the one season. 

What an absolutely superb player he was. A Rolls Royce. The fact he's only ever spoken with obvious affection for us ever since just further cements his Fev legend status. Indeed I still vividly remember his interview after that heart-breaking home defeat to Hull in early '95 where he was talking about how clubs like Fev never seem to get the rub of the green etc. But then, what would he know.........

Agreed young Freddy Banqueting-Hall was pretty good too. Didn't he have a couple of mysteriously disallowed tries in the above-mentioned fix game?

16 hours ago, Adam B said:

I was going to post something very similar, bizarrely including that sense he'd been with us for more than just the one season. 

What an absolutely superb player he was. A Rolls Royce. The fact he's only ever spoken with obvious affection for us ever since just further cements his Fev legend status. Indeed I still vividly remember his interview after that heart-breaking home defeat to Hull in early '95 where he was talking about how clubs like Fev never seem to get the rub of the green etc. But then, what would he know.........

Agreed young Freddy Banqueting-Hall was pretty good too. Didn't he have a couple of mysteriously disallowed tries in the above-mentioned fix game?

Yeah those comments he made after the game on sky - showed that he cared - I dont think players would be allowed to get away with it now (although too busy telling us what 'we talked about during the week') Good to hear he's still taking an interest in us.  Also good to hear the comments above which I totally agree with - not forgetting he had great pace for a big bloke as well. When we signed him from Hull it was nearing the end of the 94 season and he had been named in the World team of the year.  Quite a signing then.  Come to think of it the next signing we made with a global reputation to match that was 28 years on when we signed.....Joey