Fri 22nd July : SL : Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO. : 20:00

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

10 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Rovers 14-0 down early on, 2 players left the field not to return and a brutal early penalty count  5-0 in favour of Warrington.

It looked like a long night for this decimated Rovers team. We've been playing a prop forward who only turned 17 a month ago and even he was absent with COVID for this game.

The task looked hopeless and I had a slight chuckle at Danny McGuire's pre game optimism of a play off place. 

No doubt the talk will focus on a below par Warrington team but goodness what a win for a scratch  Hull KR team tonight.

^^ this

Honestly, for anyone who knows this Rovers line-up in detail tonight’s win is up there with the best results since we dragged our way back into SuperLeague for me. Yes I know Wire are fragile, but I still feared 40 plus easily, but instead they dug in and stood up 

• Like 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 21/07/2022 at 16:47, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Rovers are down to bare bones and kids for this one - looks like a good opportunity for Powell to delude himself he is finally making an impact

I have never known a club to suffer so many injuries as Rovers. A fantastic win and although i don’t mind Wire it’s always nice to see HKR doing well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

^^ this

Honestly, for anyone who knows this Rovers line-up in detail tonight’s win is up there with the best results since we dragged our way back into SuperLeague for me. Yes I know Wire are fragile, but I still feared 40 plus easily, but instead they dug in and stood up 

I hope Coote’s broken nose hasn’t damaged his handsome good looks ?. 

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There is a lot of notable Wire posters absent on this thread, I do hope they are all OK.

Used to work with a Wire fan. Nice guy but he could only dish it out, as soon as he was in the firing line for some flak (after Salford had beaten them) you wouldn't see him for a week.😂

I'm sure there are a few decent ones out there but I think I speak on behalf of our tiny fanbase in saying we wouldn't miss playing them too much if they went down!😁 Having read a few comments on the game it seems very similar to when we played them at the HJ. Wire on top when the ref gives them a leg up but as soon as it's an even contest decision wise they fall apart. Considering the money they've pumped into the squad and some of the quality they've got there must be some serious issues within the club for them to be where they are.

Wire have also got a pretty tough run in on paper, Hudds twice, Wigan, a much improved Leeds & Cas. If Toulouse can pull off a shock at the HJ then it could get very interesting if Wakey can find a couple of wins from somewhere.

Salford to send them down on 3rd September would almost top getting to a grand final.😉😁

27 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Or the alter ego "Septic Peg"😉

Did you attend last night Dallas?

Do the fan's want Powell to retain his position?

I think the problem Wire have now is they’ve let Powell go so far down this road they have to let him see it through. It would be crazy to get rid now and let someone else pick up the pieces. 

I was at the game last night. It was mightily frustrating for the home fans. That said I don't necessarily agree with fans confronting the players. Daryl should've stepped in and spoke with them. I do however understand why the fans feel like they do. Warrington will sort it out one way or another. There are some angry Wire fans at the moment.

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

There is a lot of notable Wire posters absent on this thread, I do hope they are all OK.

Just removed from a list of Warrington fans banned from standing on bridges or near train lines. So free to post on here again. 😁

• Haha 1