Fri 22nd July : SL : Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO. 20:00 SKY

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Castleford Tigers

Anyone else think that Olpherts is putting himself in the frame as a wing option for England? He's strong and looks to be getting better.

He gets enormous amounts of slavver on the Cas forum. Strange.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Interesting that Last left Wakefield to re-join Radford at Cas in the closed season. The fortunes of both clubs are showing what a good coach he is.

I thought he did a good job at Hull after taking over in difficult circumstances and yet Hull fans seemed happy to see him go.

5 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

Anyone else think that Olpherts is putting himself in the frame as a wing option for England? He's strong and looks to be getting better.

If he keeps playing like that,he’s got to be an outside bet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

If only we had middle 8’s this season!!

Why, we already have shown it to be cra p why prove it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

42 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

To be honest I've always felt hes a bit error prone, makes some questionable defensive reads and not that clinical as a finisher - countering that were his carriers and metres made.

Since the loss to Wigan (were he had a shocking 2nd half) he seems to be on another level.  Hes moved from the right to the left side and looks far more comfortable to me which may be a factor.  Long may it continue (well until he goes to Leeds that is!).

Edited by Gates1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, corvusxiii said:

No

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

21 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

To be honest I've always felt hes a bit error prone, makes some questionable defensive reads and not that clinical as a finisher - countering that were his carriers and metres made.

Since the loss to Wigan (were he had a shocking 2nd half) he seems to be on another level.  Hes moved from the right to the left side and looks far more comfortable to me which may be a factor.  Long may it continue (well until he goes to Leeds that is!).

Yes, he looks a lot more threatening and on the money on the left edge. I really like how he's been going over recent rounds.

For me he was an average enough squad player for a few years, but he seems to have pushed on this year.

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

Why did the game move from a top five play off to a top six ?. 

Sorry Josef can't answer that one.

• Like 1

Well that's a forty mile round trip I won't be making again this season. I've got better things to do than watch this tragedy of a team perform the last rites. Something is inherently wrong within the club and until its sorted out they will continue to be the great under achievers. I can actually sympathise with Wire fans who are suffering the same torment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

When the man who gives you back to back Challenge Cups in the most underperforming RL team in the UK.  Then he takes the toughest job and pumps you.  Legend  

How is Cas the toughest job? They've been one of the form sides for a number of years under Powell.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 hours ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Yes, ###### for the Superleague teams. How many of Warrington, Hull, Wakefield and Toulouse would survive against Leigh, Fev, Fax and Batley?

Considering Toulouse went unbeaten last year, I'd be pretty confident they'd do well against Championship opposition.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

How the **** are Hull in the top 6.

This is something I've wondered for quite some time.

I can only put it down to the fact that there are plenty of teams staggeringly underachieving this year and we were lucky to just about assemble enough points together to almost be safe.

The next few weeks should see Hodgson depart as we play Toulouse away, Huddersfield away and Saints at home which is almost certain to be 0/3.

Following that we have three home games out of the last four, Wakey H, Salford A, Toulouse H and Hull KR H.

We might scrape one win from 7 if we're lucky and as we play Toulouse twice and you'd have to say they will probably be favourites both times, we'll be doing Wakey no favours at all.

I would suggest it's Hull FC that should be going down, they bear no resemblance to a SL team anyway.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

29 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

This is something I've wondered for quite some time.

I can only put it down to the fact that there are plenty of teams staggeringly underachieving this year and we were lucky to just about assemble enough points together to almost be safe.

The next few weeks should see Hodgson depart as we play Toulouse away, Huddersfield away and Saints at home which is almost certain to be 0/3.

Following that we have three home games out of the last four, Wakey H, Salford A, Toulouse H and Hull KR H.

We might scrape one win from 7 if we're lucky and as we play Toulouse twice and you'd have to say they will probably be favourites both times, we'll be doing Wakey no favours at all.

I would suggest it's Hull FC that should be going down, they bear no resemblance to a SL team anyway.

Its only the pre-injury Jake Connor that means we probably won't be relegated.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, snapski said:

Was at races last night and not seen game. Judging by this thread I take it was all about how bad Hull were and nothing to do with the winning side. 

It’s the same for most match threads, winning side often don’t get praise, it’s always down to how poor the losing side were, same on the Leeds Wigan thread

FWIW I thought castleford were excellent and well worthy of the win.

2 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

Well that's a forty mile round trip I won't be making again this season. I've got better things to do than watch this tragedy of a team perform the last rites. Something is inherently wrong within the club and until its sorted out they will continue to be the great under achievers. I can actually sympathise with Wire fans who are suffering the same torment.

There are many quips that can be said, but I actually feel for you and your fellow fans Rob.

I have often wondered what is wrong with Hull FC can it really be Pearson? he doesn't stick his nose into team affairs does he? He has provided a generous budget for the playing roster that a lot of other SL clubs would relish, and he must have taken advice on whoever he has appointed as coach.

Has there been bad luck on the coaching appointments over the years?

And also the same respect on the playing roster, they all come with good pedigrees perform well for a few of games then seemingly drift away into mediocrity.

What is your solution Rob, I am putting you in charge how would you turn it round?

You say you sympathise with Wire fans, but the finger can be pointed straight at Daryl Powell for what is going on at the HJ, he has nearly deconstructed something that was not broken and tried to rebuild it, it just needed tweaking,  adjusting and advising. That is not the case at Hull FC.

1 hour ago, snapski said:

Was at races last night and not seen game. Judging by this thread I take it was all about how bad Hull were and nothing to do with the winning side. 

2nd half we were absolutely brilliant and well worthy of the win.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

On 07/07/2022 at 10:07, Old Frightful said:

It's good that this is the last game of the weekend as people will be able to leave to take the journey home from Newcastle around 5pm in the full knowledge that they won't miss owt.

For anyone who hasn't made the journey up to Newcastle, find something better to do.

On 07/07/2022 at 13:33, Dallas Mead said:

their

On 20/07/2022 at 10:48, Jughead said:

11.30 announcement on Sky Sports News regarding Warrington. 

14 hours ago, MZH said:

Named at 6.

I know Had a great game 🙂 

• Confused 1