Fri 22nd July : SL : Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO. 20:00 SKY

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Castleford Tigers

1 hour ago, muckymunksy said:

I know Had a great game 🙂 

I've had a go and tried my best but I haven't the faintest idea why you seem to have selected random posts and thrown them together with just the above line to follow them.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

This is something I've wondered for quite some time.

I can only put it down to the fact that there are plenty of teams staggeringly underachieving this year and we were lucky to just about assemble enough points together to almost be safe.

The next few weeks should see Hodgson depart as we play Toulouse away, Huddersfield away and Saints at home which is almost certain to be 0/3.

Following that we have three home games out of the last four, Wakey H, Salford A, Toulouse H and Hull KR H.

We might scrape one win from 7 if we're lucky and as we play Toulouse twice and you'd have to say they will probably be favourites both times, we'll be doing Wakey no favours at all.

I would suggest it's Hull FC that should be going down, they bear no resemblance to a SL team anyway.

Well that was an honest assessment and it came from the heart. I'm not in anyway suggesting we are any better far from it. I'm sure things will turn around you have some quality players.

9 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I think Danny Richardson is playing really well, has he sorted out a new contract for 2023. 

Definitely, playing with some confidence and seems to have toughened up a bit under Radford.  His goal kicking is a massive positive too.  He had a potentially career ending neck injury at the start of the year too.  I think confidence is a huge thing was him, the worry would just be that dipping.

OOC at the end of the year, Cas undecided was the latest. 

IF we have signed Widdop, Miller and with Mclelland, O Brien contracted next year, it might be difficult to get him in under cap. Which would be a shame as I think he offers more than the other options (hes better than Miller, Mclelland and O Brien imo and will be on less than Widdop).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You say you sympathise with Wire fans, but the finger can be pointed straight at Daryl Powell for what is going on at the HJ, he has nearly deconstructed something that was not broken and tried to rebuild it, it just needed tweaking,  adjusting and advising. That is not the case at Hull FC.

Maybe we should have a swap arrangement? Hodgson would be well versed with things at Wire. Win-win.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

3 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Definitely, playing with some confidence and seems to have toughened up a bit under Radford.  His goal kicking is a massive positive too.  He had a potentially career ending neck injury at the start of the year too.  I think confidence is a huge thing was him, the worry would just be that dipping.

OOC at the end of the year, Cas undecided was the latest. 

IF we have signed Widdop, Miller and with Mclelland, O Brien contracted next year, it might be difficult to get him in under cap. Which would be a shame as I think he offers more than the other options (hes better than Miller, Mclelland and O Brien imo and will be on less than Widdop).

Watching Richardson & Gale kicking goals from touch yesterday was great to see, but i wouldn’t have known Gale was on other wise. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

There are many quips that can be said, but I actually feel for you and your fellow fans Rob.

I have often wondered what is wrong with Hull FC can it really be Pearson? he doesn't stick his nose into team affairs does he? He has provided a generous budget for the playing roster that a lot of other SL clubs would relish, and he must have taken advice on whoever he has appointed as coach.

Has there been bad luck on the coaching appointments over the years?

And also the same respect on the playing roster, they all come with good pedigrees perform well for a few of games then seemingly drift away into mediocrity.

What is your solution Rob, I am putting you in charge how would you turn it round?

You say you sympathise with Wire fans, but the finger can be pointed straight at Daryl Powell for what is going on at the HJ, he has nearly deconstructed something that was not broken and tried to rebuild it, it just needed tweaking,  adjusting and advising. That is not the case at Hull FC.

Harry, I think you've assumed this was written by our mutual friend Old Frightful. It was written by me but I'm sure it resonates with him, although he might be made of stronger stuff than me and will continue to go.

20 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

Harry, I think you've assumed this was written by our mutual friend Old Frightful. It was written by me but I'm sure it resonates with him, although he might be made of stronger stuff than me and will continue to go.

Please accept my apologies "1865" yes I just glanced at the author's name.

But, I did say my sympathies were with All the Hull FC fans, do I take it with the lack of response from the East Riding that apathy has taken over!

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But, I did say my sympathies were with All the Hull FC fans, do I take it with the lack of response from the East Riding that apathy has taken over!

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think its fair to say that the fans are now using the players model of "can't be arsed". 

• Like 1

On 23/07/2022 at 09:27, Harry Stottle said:

There are many quips that can be said, but I actually feel for you and your fellow fans Rob.

I have often wondered what is wrong with Hull FC can it really be Pearson? he doesn't stick his nose into team affairs does he? He has provided a generous budget for the playing roster that a lot of other SL clubs would relish, and he must have taken advice on whoever he has appointed as coach.

Has there been bad luck on the coaching appointments over the years?

And also the same respect on the playing roster, they all come with good pedigrees perform well for a few of games then seemingly drift away into mediocrity.

What is your solution Rob, I am putting you in charge how would you turn it round?

Sorry mate, only just noticed this was directed at me as it didn't appear in my notifications for obvious reasons.

I have no idea what is wrong at Hull FC and therefore have no idea how to put it right.

But the way things are, Pearson can't afford to let it carry on for much longer and I think Hodgson will go in the next few weeks. As I said before, we haven't been playing that well for some time now but we weren't shipping in huge scores like we did regularly under Radford. Now that's happening again, something needs to change as it's an attitude problem with the players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Because it doesn't matter how many teams are in a play off system.

Once you decide that the team that finishes top at the end of the regular season aren't worthy of being declared champions, then you can create as much false jeopardy as you can sell tv subscriptions for.

Does the club that finishes first still get £100,000. 

On 23/07/2022 at 09:35, ShropshireBull said:

For that reason replacing a successful manager is tough.  Getting playoffs first season no mean feat. 

Any managerial role is tough. It's not the toughest though by any stretch of the imagination to take over a side that has been pretty consistent for 7 years under one coach.

The toughest job is clearly Hull because no one seems to be able to get it to work consistently despite the tools at their disposal!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Been away and planned the trip to get back in time for the game today.

Sounds like Sky did us a favour when they moved it to Friday.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Been away and planned the trip to get back in time for the game today.

Sounds like Sky did us a favour when they moved it to Friday.

• Haha 1

On 22/07/2022 at 23:14, corvusxiii said:

Anyone else think that Olpherts is putting himself in the frame as a wing option for England? He's strong and looks to be getting better.

He gets enormous amounts of slavver on the Cas forum. Strange.

Dear Lord, if Olpherts is deemed England quality then we really are #######! Unless you're talking about a relative of the guy that left Salford for Cas that I wasn't aware of?😁 At Salford he always ran the ball out hard from defence and made decent metres but then managed to drop the ball in contact with alarming regularity. His defence ain't the best and he's ropey under the high ball. Nothing against the guy but he's not a patch on Joe Burgess (or a number of other SL wingers).