44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • St Helens

Saints 20m out...

Wellsby nails the DG.

Trin 12 Saints 13.

Full tarm.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

That's a fantastically gutsy effort from Wakefield and a tough way to lose.  Feel for the fans.

• Like 8

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dallas Mead said:

Gutted for Wakey 😂

Can't you have a day off?

• Like 6

It's the first time in 21 seasons I feel this could be it. Really hard to take that, cannae fault the boys for efforts. Disappointing to hear the Saints fans on Radio Leeds shouting your going down....I suppose in reality we're favourites to do so but very poor from the scousers.

• Like 1

On the last play, sounds like the ball went to Lomax who apparently dropped it presumably backwards, regathered it and passed to Wellsby who got the dg.

Whether the error from Lomax caused the Wakey defence to pause or not I don't know but I wonder if that allowed more time for YJW.

Sad for Trin, sounded like they deserved something from that game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Trin said:

It's the first time in 21 seasons I feel this could be it. Really hard to take that, cannae fault the boys for efforts. Disappointing to hear the Saints fans on Radio Leeds shouting your going down....I suppose in reality we're favourites to do so but very poor from the scousers.

The more vocal fans at all clubs tend to be the d**kheads.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

The more vocal fans at all clubs tend to be the d**kheads.

Agreed, I remember in 2006 when we put Castleford down there was none of that. Bad taste from Saints, its always gonna hurt losing in that manner. Anyways hopefully they will brush themselves down and go again next week. I took us +18 at 4/7, didn't have the balls at 10/11 +14 in hindsight a good bet. But of course a consolation means nothing. Would rather had the 2pts or even the important 1 if SL wouldn't of changed the rules. 

I think golden point is an awful way to decide the outcome. A drop goal before the 80 minutes are up is a different matter. When two teams have battled it out for the full 80 why should they have this lottery to decide a winner. A point each today and Wakey could have gone above TO.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

I think golden point is an awful way to decide the outcome. A drop goal before the 80 minutes are up is a different matter. When two teams have battled it out for the full 80 why should they have this lottery to decide a winner. A point each today and Wakey could have gone above TO.

Wakefield would have lost two points from the golden point win they got against Hull earlier in the season if that was the case

22 minutes ago, The Mighty Trin said:

I think Wakefield will stay up now.

I think Toulouse had to win both of their home games against Salford and FC to stay up as 5 of their last 6 games are away from home and their only other home game is against Catalan who will be up for that.

While we can't predict individual results, I believe the fact that Wakey play 3 of their last 6 games at home will be a telling factor.  Especially as some of their opponents will be either safe and switched off or have half an eye on the finals.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Wakefield Trinity played very well today and deserved something out of the game. The two goal kicks from Lino which both hit the post were crucial.

Even so to get to 80 minutes at 12-12 they deserved a point and to be deprived of it and possibly their league status by the gimmick of golden point was a travesty.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Agreed, I remember in 2006 when we put Castleford down there was none of that. Bad taste from Saints, its always gonna hurt losing in that manner. Anyways hopefully they will brush themselves down and go again next week. I took us +18 at 4/7, didn't have the balls at 10/11 +14 in hindsight a good bet. But of course a consolation means nothing. Would rather had the 2pts or even the important 1 if SL wouldn't of changed the rules. 

You're conveniently forgetting an element of our lot waving Wooden spoons at Cas in 2004 then when we sent them down?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think Wakefield will stay up now.

I think Toulouse had to win both of their home games against Salford and FC to stay up as 5 of their last 6 games are away from home and their only other home game is against Catalan who will be up for that.

While we can't predict individual results, I believe the fact that Wakey play 3 of their last 6 games at home will be a telling factor.  Especially as some of their opponents will be either safe and switched off or have half an eye on the finals.

Toulouse need 2 more wins to stand any chance of staying up. Next week against Hull and Catalans at home are the best bets. That would leave Wakefield needing to win 3 from 7 and if they did they would fully deserve to stay up.

• Like 1

Very tough luck on Wakey , obviously a great effort and hopefully for them they can carry that effort forward . I really detest Golden Point and see it as completely redundant in a league format . Utterly fabricated gimmicky tripe . Fight it out like that for 80 , shake hands 1 point each for your efforts . What’s wrong with that ? 

• Like 2