Sun 24th July : SL : Wakefield Trinity v St Helens KO. 15:00

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • St Helens

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Would be brilliant for Saints to get embarrassed here

I wouldn’t have said embarrassed at all BB. Thats a bit harsh on Wakey, when i used to go over there i have seen much stronger saints sides lose. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wakey Til I Die said:

You're conveniently forgetting an element of our lot waving Wooden spoons at Cas in 2004 then when we sent them down?

I'm sorry I don't remember that i left Yorkshire in 98, I came down to the Hull P/O game I remember in 2004. Remember Cas going down twice and there was a lot of tears from their fans in the 2006 million pound loss which I came down for. Well it will be us in tears this time round if we don't find at least a couple of wins from the last 7. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clogdance said:

I agree. Who does davo5 support, he is a  prize Richard. 🤠

Beef Pies - Easy & Healthy Recipe Ideas | House & Garden

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

46 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

I think golden point is an awful way to decide the outcome. A drop goal before the 80 minutes are up is a different matter. When two teams have battled it out for the full 80 why should they have this lottery to decide a winner. A point each today and Wakey could have gone above TO.

But TO would have had 2 extra points if that was the case, having 2 draws rather than two losses

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, clogdance said:

He's a Whitehaven fan. 😃

It seems he lives up there but is a fully fledged member of the WDL.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

58 minutes ago, The Mighty Trin said:

It's the first time in 21 seasons I feel this could be it. Really hard to take that, cannae fault the boys for efforts. Disappointing to hear the Saints fans on Radio Leeds shouting your going down....I suppose in reality we're favourites to do so but very poor from the scousers.

Id imagine the singing went “going down going down going down, going down going down going dowwwwnn, going down going down going down, going down going down. But don’t all opposing fans sing that, i can imagine the Cas fans will enjoy reminding Wakey fans that they’re bottom of the league next week i wouldn’t get too upset about it.

I still believe you will avoid the drop, and you have a better squad than Toulouse. You’re a club who have been in this position before and that could help. 

52 minutes ago, Faithful1865 said:

I think golden point is an awful way to decide the outcome. A drop goal before the 80 minutes are up is a different matter. When two teams have battled it out for the full 80 why should they have this lottery to decide a winner. A point each today and Wakey could have gone above TO.

Id love to know why clubs in the SL voted for this idea. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Id imagine the singing went “going down going down going down, going down going down going dowwwwnn, going down going down going down, going down going down. But don’t all opposing fans sing that, i can imagine the Cas fans will enjoy reminding Wakey fans that they’re bottom of the league next week i wouldn’t get too upset about it.

I still believe you will avoid the drop, and you have a better squad than Toulouse. You’re a club who have been in this position before and that could help. 

Alot of fans do sing it, more so in Football. There isn't too much animosity between ourselves and Cas, maybe some of the teenagers. We're that bad they really don't see us as a threat anyway, plus our record against them lol I was chatting to alot of their fans in Newcastle a couple of weeks back and they are a decent loyal club who I I've alot of respect for I couldn't say the same though when I was in my late teens/early 20's. We gotta grow up sometime 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Very tough luck on Wakey , obviously a great effort and hopefully for them they can carry that effort forward . I really detest Golden Point and see it as completely redundant in a league format . Utterly fabricated gimmicky tripe . Fight it out like that for 80 , shake hands 1 point each for your efforts . What’s wrong with that ? 

If Australia do it - we have to.

• Like 1

the ball was a bit wet - the spine of the Eng team fell to pieces - if we can beat any of the others teams I expect Aus to post a record score against us, sad to say 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Fans all seem to be of the opinion that golden point is awful. Unfortunately the rule makers don’t seem to care what we think. If Aus do it, then we must too. 

Nobody can tell me Trin didn’t deserve a point. 

• Like 5

Wakey are away at Cas Tigers next Friday and Cas Tigers fans would love their team to beat Wakey and taut the Wakey fans with chants like "Your going down, your going down"

Toulouse are home to the Black and Whites.

Wolves are away at the Giants and the Giants will be sore after their loss to the Catalans

Wins for Wakey and Toulouse and a Wolves loss will put the Wolves in a relegation battle

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, snapski said:

Fans all seem to be of the opinion that golden point is awful. Unfortunately the rule makers don’t seem to care what we think. If Aus do it, then we must too. 

Nobody can tell me Trin didn’t deserve a point. 

They didn’t.

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

The Wakey players and fans must be gutted

The result was as expected but nowhere near as bad.  Slight improvement in points difference in comparison to T.O. so that's one positive for us. 

If you want gutted v Saints then go back to the Scott Grix brain fart.

• Confused 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

The result was as expected but nowhere near as bad.  Slight improvement in points difference in comparison to T.O. so that's one positive for us. 

If you want gutted v Saints then go back to the Scott Grix brain fart.

I think they will be more gutted with this score rather then a thrashing as they were so close. But must instill some confidence for next game.

Tough for Wakey that.

not at all surprised to see a sketchy saints performance - it was clear we targeted the Leeds through Hudds run of games then after Hudds they were talking post match about taking time off.

good to pick up the two points - probably LLS done and dusted now and we can manage the squad through to the play-offs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I think they will be more gutted with this score rather then a thrashing as they were so close. But must instill some confidence for next game.

I think the performance today and losing like that will have took an heavy toll. Their mental and physical tanks will be running on empty and i can see Cas running riot. Sounds like bad injury to new winger also. 

4 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I think the performance today and losing like that will have took an heavy toll. Their mental and physical tanks will be running on empty and i can see Cas running riot. Sounds like bad injury to new winger also. 

Wakefield can't buy a win against cas - but it's due !