Old Frightful

5 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Weekends matches haven't been pinned. Just a heads up!

Thanks fella but I don't have the superpowers that the mods have, I just bung them up if John's a bit late and hope that either him or Craig notice and pin them.

Thankfully John's woken up else I'd have had a go at the Championship and League one match threads in the morning.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I wondered if this thread was announcing that he'd won the euro millions last night :kolobok_good:

Prosperity Secrets: Embrace the Abundance That is Your Wonderful Divine  Self. | by Shaun Grant | Medium

Had that occurred there would have been no match threads from me, just a...

"Sort your own chuffin' match threads out, I'm off"

...type thread.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Had that occurred there would have been no match threads from me, just a...

"Sort your own chuffin' match threads out, I'm off"

...type thread.

So you wouldn't be buying FC then ? 😉

28 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you wouldn't be buying FC then ? 😉

What was the jackpot?, £190 odd million?

Jake Connor's worth more than that in my eyes! 😍

These "what if" scenarios are very boring but if I had that sort of opportunity, I'd make a serious offer to buy the lease of the SMC at the MKM Stadium in order to run it as an "independent" 😀 😆 body, with neither Hull City or Hull FC having any right over decision making there.

I'd then employ all my Hull FC supporting pals as advisors with Ullman as the Chairman.

Then the fun really would begin...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

These "what if" scenarios are very boring but if I had that sort of opportunity, I'd make a serious offer to buy the lease of the SMC at the MKM Stadium in order to run it as an "independent" 😀 😆 body, with neither Hull City or Hull FC having any right over decision making there.

I'd then employ all my Hull FC supporting pals as advisors with Ullman as the Chairman.

So you'd have fans running the club ? , League 1 beckons 😂

Just now, GUBRATS said:

So you'd have fans running the club ? , League 1 beckons 😂

Tsk, tsk...read it again my good man, we would have no input in running the club.

The SMC has the final say on the use of the Stadium, that's all, and nothing to do with either club. Unfortunately, with Hull City being the current owners of the SMC lease it's been abused somewhat in their favour. Such as all the toilets being labelled "Tiger" instead of "Men" and "Tigress" instead of "Women".

Yes, the Allams were really that pathetic and childish.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Such as all the toilets being labelled "Tiger" instead of "Men" and "Tigress" instead of "Women".

I s'pose since you've not gone to the Great Boulevard in the Sky I can ask if it would FC's & FCesses then at the bogs?

Edited by Oxford
  • Haha 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Can a machine be too well oiled?

Edited by Ullman

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Tsk, tsk...read it again my good man, we would have no input in running the club.

The SMC has the final say on the use of the Stadium, that's all, and nothing to do with either club. Unfortunately, with Hull City being the current owners of the SMC lease it's been abused somewhat in their favour. Such as all the toilets being labelled "Tiger" instead of "Men" and "Tigress" instead of "Women".

Yes, the Allams were really that pathetic and childish.

Why not buy KR instead , then you could have some fun ? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Can a machine be too well oiled?

Depends how long the SMC meetings last in the Whalebone.

16 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Why not buy KR instead , then you could have some fun ? 😉

Good thinking, although I'd probably end up buying a new toy first.

How bulldozers became a vehicle of injustice in India - BBC News

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Depends how long the SMC meetings last in the Whalebone.

Same as all the other meetings.

Until they throw us out.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

@Old Frightful..... you'll never win at Wembley

Was a lot of fun while it lasted 😕 🙂 And it lasted a long, long time.

It did indeed.

But on the 25th March, 2016, it was given it's last ever airing during a Hull Derby. The Rovers fans were in extremely good voice early in the second half and why wouldn't they be? They were 20-0 up after 58 and a half minutes with Hull FC not remotely looking like scoring so the bastardised version of Old Faithful was belted out with great gusto. 

A little over 20 minutes later and we've never heard it since.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

seeing as at this point, you'd be spending some of your winnings....... will you be getting a round or two in?

I'd happily be a non executive advisor if my expenses are paid in brown beer and scratchings

Welcome aboard!

Unfortunately we may be joined by some of the Warrington playing staff who misread your "brown ale" as "brown envelopes"...

On 21/07/2022 at 08:16, Old Frightful said:

Can I be put in charge of refreshments? A bottle of water is £2.20 these days and they only take card, needs to be some major changes there. About time you could get a decent curry in the MKM as well I think! 

16 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Good thinking, although I'd probably end up buying a new toy first.

How bulldozers became a vehicle of injustice in India - BBC News

I'll take the refreshments management job here as well. I know a guy who can supply us with some cheap bromide which would perfectly accompany the watered down Uzbekistani lagar I can get off a fella down the market.