Sat 23rd-Sun 24th Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Good win for Barrow. Bradford dominated territory but didn't seem to pose a threat. 

Barrow get a chance next week to confirm the top 6 v Widnes. 

Initially wanted Batley to beat Widnes but in hindsight for us I think Widnes is the better result as we are now 1 point off 3rd. Every game is winnable apart from Leigh away (hope we rest loads) so praying for a home tie in the play offs. 

11 minutes ago, RSN said:

Good win for Barrow. Bradford dominated territory but didn't seem to pose a threat. 

Barrow get a chance next week to confirm the top 6 v Widnes. 

Initially wanted Batley to beat Widnes but in hindsight for us I think Widnes is the better result as we are now 1 point off 3rd. Every game is winnable apart from Leigh away (hope we rest loads) so praying for a home tie in the play offs. 

What’s your take on when there was some incident & the game continued and we scored a try only for the Ref to blow & award us the errrrrr Advantage 

Surely letting our try stand is the advantage.?????

Attendance 2559

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

What’s your take on when there was some incident & the game continued and we scored a try only for the Ref to blow & award us the errrrrr Advantage 

Surely letting our try stand is the advantage.?????

Attendance 2559

I was opposite end of the ground but I think the ref gave us advantage for a high tackle only for us to score via an obstruction hence awarded a penalty for the first infringement. 

• Like 1

I don't like clear ours but we need a clear out. 😥🤔😂

Of the senior players. I'd only keep George Snr and probably Sam Scott if for as he not played too much.

Ben Evans is going anyway, Rhys could have been a force in SL as a kid. Can't even be consistent in the Championship. Rumour has Walker to Widnes and Crossley to Keighley. 

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

45 minutes ago, RSN said:

Seems very unlikely that Widnes could catch Barrow even before today. With only 7 games to play, making up a 7 point deficit is quite a tall order, particularly as Widnes have Leigh, Fev & Halifax in those 7.

A fantastic season for Barrow. A team of locals with a few  battle hardened championship heroes and a great coach. We would have been happy with just surviving this season but these players with a smattering of X factor from Sammut and Miloudi have grown into this league and we now fancy ourselves against anybody. Team of the year.

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

What happened with the reds Tommy

Workington just 2nd best in every department tbh. Didn't help that they must have had a 4/5 hour coach trip. 

Sheffield just gone past 60 now.

This league must be absolutely terrible if Fev can be in 2nd place. Especially considering today Fev only had 15 fit players for about an hour, after Riley Jacks and Jack Bussey both went off injured. Fev have been absolutely terrible this season. I'm sat shaking my head.

8 minutes ago, wasginger said:

This league must be absolutely terrible if Fev can be in 2nd place. Especially considering today Fev only had 15 fit players for about an hour, after Riley Jacks and Jack Bussey both went off injured. Fev have been absolutely terrible this season. I'm sat shaking my head.

york played 4 teenagers today plus 5 first choice players missing, so carry on shaking😉

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, wasginger said:

Yeah, but who are those 15 players and how much have they paid for them. 

Right now there is a FT team (Leigh), a very FT hybrid team (Fev), daylight, then everyone else in terms of spending.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, wasginger said:

We were lucky today that York are in even worse form than we are.  80 minutes of absolute dross.

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

We were lucky today that York are in even worse form than we are.  80 minutes of absolute dross.

oh well , see you next season for this to be continued

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

york played 4 teenagers today plus 5 first choice players missing, so carry on shaking😉

My post was not aimed at other clubs in the league. It was a tongue in cheek comment not meant to disparaged any team in the division.