Kai Pierce Paul

He looked to be nailed on for an England second row spot (has also covered centre). Strong runner good hands and always seems a handful to deal with. Unfortunately he’s been injured for most of this season.  

Edited by bobbruce
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, bobbruce said:

He looked to be nailed on for an England second row spot (has also covered centre). Strong runner good hands and always seems a handful to deal with. Unfortunately he’s been injured for most of this season.  

Who would have him nailed on for a second row spot? He wouldn't get a second row spot at Wigan if it wasn't for Bateman's injury at the minute. 

I rate his potential massively but he's got a long way to get just yet. I wouldn't have him in the England squad for the World Cup unless he absolutely bangs the door down with us at the back end of the season. He's done pretty well for us in his time in the first team but I'm not quite sure where his reputation has come from. If he can get a sustained run of games together, then I think we will see that he's developing and is edging towards being ready for international selection but even as a Wigan fan, who has seen probably every game he's every played for us, I don't think I can say he's ready yet. I need to see a lot more of him before I'd make that call.

If I was giving a Newcastle fan a heads up on him, I'd say that I think you'd be getting a player that will top class in time but I can't say he's there yet because he's been in and out of the side and just shown glimpses of his huge talent so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Who would have him nailed on for a second row spot? He wouldn't get a second row spot at Wigan if it wasn't for Bateman's injury at the minute. 

I rate his potential massively but he's got a long way to get just yet. I wouldn't have him in the England squad for the World Cup unless he absolutely bangs the door down with us at the back end of the season. He's done pretty well for us in his time in the first team but I'm not quite sure where his reputation has come from. If he can get a sustained run of games together, then I think we will see that he's developing and is edging towards being ready for international selection but even as a Wigan fan, who has seen probably every game he's every played for us, I don't think I can say he's ready yet. I need to see a lot more of him before I'd make that call.

If I was giving a Newcastle fan a heads up on him, I'd say that I think you'd be getting a player that will top class in time but I can't say he's there yet because he's been in and out of the side and just shown glimpses of his huge talent so far. 

You’ve seen much more of him than me so fair enough. I’d say though he was one of the few players who enhanced their reputation under Lam and everytime I watched him he caused teams all sorts of problems. Obviously he’s a long way to go after his injury to get back to that level and beyond. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Young Blood said:

Heard he is going to the NRL to play for Newcastle Knights. Is he any good, what's his potential and playstyle. Will he be featuring in the World Cup for anyone asking as a Knights fan. 

Its all about potential, he hasn't really done that much in SL but you can see he could be a very good player.

Wigan won't tie up big money on their cap for potential as he's not one of their top players so he can go to the NRL, earn a lot more money but probably spend 12 months in reserve grade at first.

If he were a great player Wigan would tie him up on big money and a long contract but they can't take that risk on someone who still needs to prove himself- the NRL in contrast can afford to write off money as their cap is a lot bigger.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bobbruce said:

I don't think anyone has said he's nailed on for England- he can't get a regular game for Wigan as he's up against some very good players- could be a good player but not yet.

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Its all about potential, he hasn't really done that much in SL but you can see he could be a very good player.

Wigan won't tie up big money on their cap for potential as he's not one of their top players so he can go to the NRL, earn a lot more money but probably spend 12 months in reserve grade at first.

If he were a great player Wigan would tie him up on big money and a long contract but they can't take that risk on someone who still needs to prove himself- the NRL in contrast can afford to write off money as their cap is a lot bigger.

This. It really isn't any sweat for the Knights to spend A$300k on potential for a couple of years. If he plays a few games in his first year and impresses in reserve grave they will see it as a good investment. The Knights have shown they will promote and stick with potential as they have with Dominic Young. He was very raw when he came into first grade and the Knights continue to be patient with his development.

5 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Doubt that he’ll be in reserve grade for 12 months, I’m 100% sure he’ll go straight into their 17

8 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

How, KPP Is easily one of the best young back rowers in the world right now, he has a great offload game and will kill it in the nrl

Quite often players from outside the heartlands get ' talked up ' IMO too early in their careers , he signed a four year deal at Wigan , they could keep him if they wanted , I'm not surprised they aren't 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Quite often players from outside the heartlands get ' talked up ' IMO too early in their careers , he signed a four year deal at Wigan , they could keep him if they wanted , I'm not surprised they aren't 

He still definitely could stay at Wigan nothing is confirmed yet, it’s mostly speculation

38 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

How, KPP Is easily one of the best young back rowers in the world right now, he has a great offload game and will kill it in the nrl

If KPP is one of the best young back rowers in the world then Joe Bachelor must be on for the golden boot.

Lots to prove but bags of potential and I wish him well in the NRL 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

If KPP is one of the best young back rowers in the world then Joe Bachelor must be on for the golden boot.

The only back rowers 21 or under I would rank  ahead of him would be Nanai, schuster, Gilbert and maybe loireo. Who would you put ahead of him ?

10 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Agree completely 

3 hours ago, bobbruce said:

You’ve seen much more of him than me so fair enough. I’d say though he was one of the few players who enhanced their reputation under Lam and everytime I watched him he caused teams all sorts of problems. Obviously he’s a long way to go after his injury to get back to that level and beyond. 

He's potentially very good. I'm not bagging the lad, I do really rate him and I think in 2 or 3 years time he could be a nailed on England starter but not yet. I wasn't sure why he made the England squad earlier in the year tbh, it felt a bit like a move to just give him some experience training in that environment. It hasn't helped him having a couple of injuries and being shifted between centre and second row so far. He's still developing physically and when he really fills out and puts some size on he could be a sensation. He's shown flashes of brilliance so far but it's just about building his game time and experience now. He'll be very handy for us over this next few months that's for sure. To have guys like Field and French following him around, looking for those offloads could be a real weapon. 

2 minutes ago, WN83 said:

He's potentially very good. I'm not bagging the lad, I do really rate him and I think in 2 or 3 years time he could be a nailed on England starter but not yet. I wasn't sure why he made the England squad earlier in the year tbh, it felt a bit like a move to just give him some experience training in that environment. It hasn't helped him having a couple of injuries and being shifted between centre and second row so far. He's still developing physically and when he really fills out and puts some size on he could be a sensation. He's shown flashes of brilliance so far but it's just about building his game time and experience now. He'll be very handy for us over this next few months that's for sure. To have guys like Field and French following him around, looking for those offloads could be a real weapon. 

Do you not feel , that sometimes players from outside the heartlands get talked up too soon by the media ? , Which then puts too much pressure on them ? , This IMO is what's happened here 

He's not ready for the NRL IMO 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Do you not feel , that sometimes players from outside the heartlands get talked up too soon by the media ? , Which then puts too much pressure on them ? , This IMO is what's happened here 

He's not ready for the NRL IMO 

But you don't watch the NRL so how do you know?

• Like 1