World Cup Group Games

I'm sure most people can't wait for the opening game of the World Cup between Samoa and England infront of a big crowd in Newcastle.

But what are the other games from the group stages that you are looking forward to as potentially absorbing games?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rlno1 said:

I'm sure most people can't wait for the opening game of the World Cup between Samoa and England infront of a big crowd in Newcastle.

But what are the other games from the group stages that you are looking forward to as potentially absorbing games?

Any game involving Papua New Guinea.

• Like 2

Most admit as many are likely to be one sided I’m not especially interested in them, could have gone to Aus v Scotland in Coventry but I don’t find the fixture very appealing. The key ones for me are Australia v Fiji (which I had tickets for but now can’t go as they’ve moved it to Leeds), Tonga v PNG, the three games involving Ireland, Lebanon and Jamaica (no idea who’s favourites in them), and Wales v Cook Islands. 

All three Tonga games - vs PNG, Wales, Cooks - should be crackers. In fact if Tonga aren't quite on top form, which I suspect they won't be, that should make the games even more competitive. I have a ticket for the Cooks game at Boro, shame it wasn't the PNG game in that slot, would have sold a lot more. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rlno1 said:

I'm looking forward to England v Greece in Sheffield as I shall be there with a group of mates and our kids... no one under any illusion that it will be a close game but all of us are going because its a world cup and it should be a festival of all that is good about the game. Similar to going as a neutral to the Womens Euros etc its about the tournament and getting swept up in it.. 

• Like 1

IN 2013 I think I went to about 8 group games (double header in wales, Cook islands games vs USA and wales, England vs Ireland at Hudds, Scotland vs USA and the semi finals) this year as all the games are in the North, and I'm coming from London, I'm only going to the Semi Final.  Normally I would try to get to the games in the north, but its not really possible this year and I'd rather see a game like Jamica v Ireland or Fiji v Italy at Coventry (more interest for a neutral), than Australia Vs Scotland which the only question is will Aus score 80 or less.