Lachlan Lam

Handy player,could never quite nail down a regular place with the Roosters and he’s slowly slipped further down the pecking order (couldn’t resist)over the last 18 months so at 24 it’s probably right to move on.

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Handy player,could never quite nail down a regular place with the Roosters and he’s slowly slipped further down the pecking order (couldn’t resist)over the last 18 months so at 24 it’s probably right to move on.

Right down the pecking order, and with Keary seemingly out for the season he must not figure at all for Trent Robinson, it could be that Robinson just does not see any value in him whatsoever, and prefers probably the slowest halfback I have ever seen in Drew Hutchinson.

But if Lam can bring the form with him he showed for the Kumuls 3 or so weeks ago he will be a tremendous asset.

58 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There is no pretending about it, he either has a British Passport or he doesn't.

Oh Harry there’s some big ironies here given your expressed views 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Right down the pecking order, and with Keary seemingly out for the season he must not figure at all for Trent Robinson, it could be that Robinson just does not see any value in him whatsoever, and prefers probably the slowest halfback I have ever seen in Drew Hutchinson.

But if Lam can bring the form with him he showed for the Kumuls 3 or so weeks ago he will be a tremendous asset.

At 24 Robinson has obviously decided he isn’t going to develop into a starting NRL half,which as we regularly see doesn’t prevent Lam from being more than handy over here.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

At 24 Robinson has obviously decided he isn’t going to develop into a starting NRL half,which as we regularly see doesn’t prevent Lam from being more than handy over here.

It's good for Leigh and good for PNG. Getting a few weeks playing in the UK should get him up to speed for the World Cup. As you say, he is a handy player and playing alongside the PNG starting hooker will help with combinations too.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Oh Harry there’s some big ironies here given your expressed views 

I am not talking about him playing for the National team David, but it would be a big bonus for the Leigh club if he did not count on the overseas list.

24 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Surely not the old Leigh double standards 🙈

See above Dav.

17 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It's good for Leigh and good for PNG. Getting a few weeks playing in the UK should get him up to speed for the World Cup. As you say, he is a handy player and playing alongside the PNG starting hooker will help with combinations too.

And also Nene Macdonald Scubby, could be very much in reckoning for the Kumuls.

• Like 1

On the Roosters forum their fans are saying he wasn't good enough for the NRL but will go well in SL as they class SL as on par with their reserve grade..... they don't realise Leigh arnt even in SL..🤣🤣🤣🤣 - that Aussie education, you can't beat it.

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

On the Roosters forum their fans are saying he wasn't good enough for the NRL but will go well in SL as they class SL as on par with their reserve grade..... they don't realise Leigh arnt even in SL..🤣🤣🤣🤣 - that Aussie education, you can't beat it.

They are only being a bit 'previous' Frisky.

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

He is a great signing. But to pretend he is British is a bit far fetched

Well I think that, if he has a British Passport then technically and legally he's one of Liz's subjects.

But maybe Mo Farrah got it for him!

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

With no parachute payment in 2023 that really is #### or bust 

That's to make sure they don't come back and ask to be let in again.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Another Leigh thread, hopefully there’ll be some train station gags. 

If Leigh do get into super league next season they will soon hit the buffers again.

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Well I think that, if he has a British Passport then technically and legally he's one of Liz's subjects.

But maybe Mo Farrah got it for him!

That's to make sure they don't come back and ask to be let in again.

Oh you could be in trouble for the Ref to a "British Icon"!

And, as for being let in again, being let in was something I never wanted in '21, to get to SL has to be earned, now you would have been disappointed hac I said anything else.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Like your lot? Keep running out of steam you mean.

We ran out of steam after the first week.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Oh you could be in trouble for the Ref to a "British Icon"!

And, as for being let in again, being let in was something I never wanted in '21, to get to SL has to be earned, now you would have been disappointed hac I said anything else.

I can't respond without closing the thead by the jumpies. Who are my lot 'arry? I used to believe "My lot" were RL folk then I came on the Total forum!

Leigh got in last time by having the best case, though I doubt anyone at the RFL read a tome that size to come to the decision, I think they earned promotion last time and will, I believe, earn it this time. But at the end of next season a few clubs who earned that right will probably have it taken away from them.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

24 minutes ago, Loiner said:

If Leigh do get into super league next season they will soon hit the buffers again.

Dont think so with close to £3m squad spend after The Marquees are announced. Just hope we get an academy licence to challenge the clubs currently taking our best kids

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

I can't respond without closing the thead by the jumpies. Who are my lot 'arry? I used to believe "My lot" were RL folk then I came on the Total forum!

Leigh got in last time by having the best case, though I doubt anyone at the RFL read a tome that size to come to the decision, I think they earned promotion last time and will, I believe, earn it this time. But at the end of next season a few clubs who earned that right will probably have it taken away from them.

If we get there we will have learned a massive lesson from '17, (I am discounting '21 as it was not correct) the club will be much better prepared for the task in hand, it is a learning curve as you should well know, and as I intimated earlier, the club should be in a position to attract better player's than they could previously when in SL