Pat Moran Signs

The Hornet

PAT MORAN JOINS HORNETS FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON

3765.jpg

Rochdale Hornets is delighted to announce the arrival of Newcastle’s Pat Moran, on a season-long loan.

The prop forward is no stranger to Rochdale having played 36 times for the club, between 2017 and 2019, when on loan from Warrington Wolves.

Since leaving Wire the 24-year-old has had spells at Widnes Vikings, SO Avignon, and London Broncos – before making the move to Tyneside last November.

He also joins Gregg McNally as the second Ireland international at Hornets, having made his debut in 2019.

Head coach Matt Calland is excited by the acquisition.

He said: “I’m really pleased we’ve got Pat in before the deadline this week. 

“He’s been up at Newcastle and not getting much game time, so we saw an opportunity to bring him in and it’s great to have got it done.

“He’s previously played for the club, when on dual-registration with Warrington, so he knows what we’re about and was really keen to come back and get some game time. 

“This gives us plenty of competition now in the pack, which is vital at this stage of the season.”

Hornets Chairman Andy Mazey is equally pleased.

He said: “We’re delighted to have Pat on board with us, heading into the business end of the campaign. 

“I know Matt is really looking forward to working with a player who has predominately operated at the higher echelons of the Championship, and is also a full-time athlete. 

“He also knows what it means to wear the Hornets jersey, having played for us before.

“I’d personally like to thank my good friend Jordan Robinson, over at Thunder, for the support on this deal and Denis Betts for allowing it to happen.”

Moran will come straight in contention for Sunday’s game against London Skolars (3pm kick-off).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Hornet said:

PAT MORAN JOINS HORNETS FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON

3765.jpg

Rochdale Hornets is delighted to announce the arrival of Newcastle’s Pat Moran, on a season-long loan.

The prop forward is no stranger to Rochdale having played 36 times for the club, between 2017 and 2019, when on loan from Warrington Wolves.

Since leaving Wire the 24-year-old has had spells at Widnes Vikings, SO Avignon, and London Broncos – before making the move to Tyneside last November.

He also joins Gregg McNally as the second Ireland international at Hornets, having made his debut in 2019.

Head coach Matt Calland is excited by the acquisition.

He said: “I’m really pleased we’ve got Pat in before the deadline this week. 

“He’s been up at Newcastle and not getting much game time, so we saw an opportunity to bring him in and it’s great to have got it done.

“He’s previously played for the club, when on dual-registration with Warrington, so he knows what we’re about and was really keen to come back and get some game time. 

“This gives us plenty of competition now in the pack, which is vital at this stage of the season.”

Hornets Chairman Andy Mazey is equally pleased.

He said: “We’re delighted to have Pat on board with us, heading into the business end of the campaign. 

“I know Matt is really looking forward to working with a player who has predominately operated at the higher echelons of the Championship, and is also a full-time athlete. 

“He also knows what it means to wear the Hornets jersey, having played for us before.

“I’d personally like to thank my good friend Jordan Robinson, over at Thunder, for the support on this deal and Denis Betts for allowing it to happen.”

Moran will come straight in contention for Sunday’s game against London Skolars (3pm kick-off).

I’m pleased with that. We needed a bit more in the pack.

• Like 2

https://www.totalrl.com/loan-rules-changed-as-clubs-complete-transfer-business-before-deadline/

Obviously, not sure how this will affect Hornets and rivals in the play-offs.

“Friday was the final date for transfers and loans between clubs in Super League, the Championship and League One.

Usually, a player becomes ‘club tied’ with the side they play for after this date and then cannot feature for any other club for the remainder of the season.

However, the RFL board agreed last week to amend this rule, given the number of clubs across the divisions struggling to put squads together through injuries, suspensions and unavailability. 

It means that clubs can still recall players who are currently out on loan and field them again in their own teams.

However, if they are to include those players in the end-of-season play-offs, they must be recalled before the final round of the regular campaign, which applies to all three divisions.”

Edited by glemiln