Sheffield away

Unicorn 106

We must have been bad in a former life  perhaps the 50,s.

We are a club in crisis, ask players and coaches to take s pay cut  lose some of our best players to rivals. Others are injured or on paternity leave, so morale must be rock bottom, so we spend half the day on the coach and only arrive half an hour before delayed kick off.

We then get one of our real tryers red carded.

The lads that were left only 16 tried no doubt but the dam bust in the 2nd half it seems.

We must be cursed or summat.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

We must have been bad in a former life  perhaps the 50,s.

We are a club in crisis, ask players and coaches to take s pay cut  lose some of our best players to rivals. Others are injured or on paternity leave, so morale must be rock bottom, so we spend half the day on the coach and only arrive half an hour before delayed kick off.

We then get one of our real tryers red carded.

The lads that were left only 16 tried no doubt but the dam bust in the 2nd half it seems.

We must be cursed or summat.

Town put up a good effort in the first half, but 2nd half looked dead on their feet. Jordan & a Sheffield player sent off for scrapping. We were unlucky not to get a couple more trys in the first half, but a huge gap in competitiveness. It was a looooooong day. Beer was cheap in the ground though, only £5 a pint!

Big respect to all of those players yesterday gave a good account of themselves and weren’t out enthused by any stretch and didn’t stop until the hooter went. 

Travellers rest made or very enjoyable with plenty of refreshments and old games. 

It certainly didn’t feel like a club on its rear yesterday. UTT ⚪🔵

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Callum Linford 98 said:

Big respect to all of those players yesterday gave a good account of themselves and weren’t out enthused by any stretch and didn’t stop until the hooter went. 

Travellers rest made or very enjoyable with plenty of refreshments and old games. 

It certainly didn’t feel like a club on its rear yesterday. UTT ⚪🔵

When are we going to get some luck Callum though.

Earlier on in the season, I compared us with Dewsbury who seemed to be perennial mid table survivors rather than othe yoho clubs. So damned by me they seem favourite to join us next year.

As others have said, we are a classic one step forward two steps back club, not being able to consolidate and build on any success achieved. We start building up the attendances and then play poorly and that is reversed very quickly.

We are not sleeping giants but have still potential to compete at the top half of the championship, given as the aBarra fellow says the rub of the green or just some old fashioned luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

When are we going to get some luck Callum though.

Earlier on in the season, I compared us with Dewsbury who seemed to be perennial mid table survivors rather than othe yoho clubs. So damned by me they seem favourite to join us next year.

As others have said, we are a classic one step forward two steps back club, not being able to consolidate and build on any success achieved. We start building up the attendances and then play poorly and that is reversed very quickly.

We are not sleeping giants but have still potential to compete at the top half of the championship, given as the aBarra fellow says the rub of the green or just some old fashioned luck.

Make your own luck marra. Yes we haven’t been able to consolidate but look at barrow won 13 games in 2 season in CH when they came down with Rochdale... they’ve won more than that now with investment and good off the field stuff. Where’s Donnats marquee been this year? The fan zone is good but in comparison probably doesn’t fetch half as much. 

Just watched the highlights from yesterday's game and that performance is massively embarrassing and I would put a month's wage if we take that same team into league 1 we won't win promotion having seen what the likes off Keighley have spent 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

Just watched the highlights from yesterday's game and that performance is massively embarrassing and I would put a month's wage if we take that same team into league 1 we won't win promotion having seen what the likes off Keighley have spent 

Put your months wage -33% and see how motivated you are to work your guts out. 

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

That display that has been put infront off us fans this season is not working there guts out I guarantee you that I've played rugby all my life and and 100% say I've played with a he'll off a better standard at amateur level 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, town2018 said:

So your slating the team based on highlights 🤔..... couldn't even be bothered to go to the game - maybe if you put some effort in the team would respond and follow.

Easiest thing in the world to sit on your phone and post negative comments- even without full stops in your sea of negativity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

So your slating the team based on highlights 🤔..... couldn't even be bothered to go to the game - maybe if you put some effort in the team would respond and follow.

Easiest thing in the world to sit on your phone and post negative comments- even without full stops in your sea of negativity.

I've been home and away for a very long time and have 9nly missed the last 3 games off this season so to be honest I'm entitled to my opinion and no workington town fan can say that they are happy with the performances this season 

I personally won't be returning until things change as a whole at the club losing our top local talent for what ever reason send players to relegation rivals lack off information coming out off the club about what's going on regarding pay cuts and players leaving etc 

11 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I've been home and away for a very long time and have 9nly missed the last 3 games off this season so to be honest I'm entitled to my opinion and no workington town fan can say that they are happy with the performances this season 

I personally won't be returning until things change as a whole at the club losing our top local talent for what ever reason send players to relegation rivals lack off information coming out off the club about what's going on regarding pay cuts and players leaving etc 

That's the spirit- show your loyal support marra.... Great stuff.

Its sport- teams win and lose - The trouble is with so called supporters staying away there may not be a club for you to return to if we don't support it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

That's the spirit- show your loyal support marra.... Great stuff.

Its sport- teams win and lose - The trouble is with so called supporters staying away there may not be a club for you to return to if we don't support it.

It ain't the losing that's keeping fans away its the manner in the defeats is a issue and also the over issues around the club 

4 hours ago, town2018 said:

losing our top local talent for what ever reason send players to relegation rivals

If the crack I heard was right, local talent won't be able to join anyone now and Town may have done more harm than good with future local players.

4 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

If the crack I heard was right, local talent won't be able to join anyone now and Town may have done more harm than good with future local players.

To many bridges burnt now I think with young local talent they will go else where or stay in the amateur game

• Like 2