North Wales crusader's

moorside roughyed

For anyone there today, 

1) Were we any improved from the previous few weeks?

2) OCR said we had plenty of first half possession but couldn't do much with it - true reflection?

3) I have suspected now for weeks there is little team spirit and a lack of fitness as we get into the second half, was this evident today?

4) What was toe crowd like?

Cheers

Steve

Can't comment in whether the performance represents an improvement as I've managed to miss recent games but, in response to Sheddindswasus, with the exception of an excellent try in the second half, we seemed to lack any imagination and played pretty uninspiring rugby when we had the ball 

Possibly more worrying was that when Crusaders tried to bully us by using their big men to run at us hard in the second half, we didn't appear to have anyone willing to match fire with fire 

There did seem to be a total lack of any team spirit with no chat amongst the team. We did seem all too ready to roll over at times in the second half! 

10 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

For anyone there today, 

1) Were we any improved from the previous few weeks?

2) OCR said we had plenty of first half possession but couldn't do much with it - true reflection?

3) I have suspected now for weeks there is little team spirit and a lack of fitness as we get into the second half, was this evident today?

4) What was toe crowd like?

Cheers

Steve

1, we did OK lack creativity mostly close to the line, that split second of indecision is crucial. Cru just did the basics better than we did and individual errors were costly. 

2. Fair point 

3, we do seem to fall away second half

4. Under 400 I'd say 

There were marked signs of improvement from previous weeks (I thought the young lad at stand off played well). But... We are lacking forward power. Two of three big forwards who can tire out the opposite defence and maybe punch a few holes are badly needed. The backs and halves can't play behind a pack that isn't going forward - that was the difference between the two sides IMO. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

1, we did OK lack creativity mostly close to the line, that split second of indecision is crucial. Cru just did the basics better than we did and individual errors were costly. 

2. Fair point 

3, we do seem to fall away second half

4. Under 400 I'd say 

Id have to agree.

I think a big difference was that  Crusaders looked like a settled side that has developed over time.

Look on the bright side…after Sunday’s games and the last 24 hours at Spotland, it looks like the king cotton derby will be on again next year………

Though who knows if it will be in Rochdale…..there is an exit clause in Hornets lease and we know how keen Mazey is on removals.

Cummon Ornits.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Look on the bright side…after Sunday’s games and the last 24 hours at Spotland, it looks like the king cotton derby will be on again next year………

Though who knows if it will be in Rochdale…..there is an exit clause in Hornets lease and we know how keen Mazey is on removals.

Cummon Ornits.

Where will you play? if it's not spotland. Never a full moment in rugby league.

You are not wrong methinks….though one of his pals on the board has strong links with Sale Rugby (not the Sharks).

cannot see him being too bothered to be honest…he bought Hornets for less than the price of one years membership in the supporters club.

In my experience ******* off a landlord is not a good idea. Isnt that what lies behind the current situation?

I think the FC are fully aware of their obligations under the lease….why else would hornets have withdrawn the legal action.

So ball is firmly in Mazey’s court. Watch this space.

With due respects to Anita Bath, this page was supposed to be about West Wales.

Can I suggest we start a page about the precarious position the Hornets, and the Yeds are are in at the moment.

Do you remember when sooperdooperleeg was first dreamt up -Hornets, Oldham and Salford to become Manchester.

8 hours ago, jroyales said:

With due respects to Anita Bath, this page was supposed to be about West Wales.

Can I suggest we start a page about the precarious position the Hornets, and the Yeds are are in at the moment.

Do you remember when sooperdooperleeg was first dreamt up -Hornets, Oldham and Salford to become Manchester.

North