Remaining 7 games...

Only 2 months of season left, with some close calls in important positions to be determined. Thought I'd give a go at predicting final few games and other can copy&paste for theirs if they wish. (It was more to see the likelihood of Hull getting relegated!)

Round 21

Wigan v Rovers

Toulouse v Hull

Cas v Wakey

Hudds v Wire

Catalans v Leeds

Salford v Saints

Round 22

Rovers v Toulouse

Hudds v Hull

Wigan v Wire

Saints v Cas

Leeds v Salford 

Wakey v Catalans

Round 23

Cas v Catalans 

Wire v Toulouse

Hull v Saints

Rovers v Leeds

Wakey v Wigan

Salford v Hudds

Round 24

Hudds v Cas

Leeds v Wire

Saints v Rovers

Wigan v Toulouse

Hull v Wakey

Catalans v Salford

Round 25

Toulouse v Catalans

Salford v Hull

Wakey v Rovers

Leeds v Hudds

Wire v Cas

Wigan v Saints

Round 26

Hull v Toulouse

Rovers v Wigan

Saints v Wakey

Hudds v Wire

Catalans v Leeds

Cas v Salford

Round 27

Wigan v Catalans

Leeds v Cas

Saints v Toulouse

Hull v Rovers DRAW

Salford v Wire

Hudds v Wakey

1. Saints 34 + 12 = 46

2. Wigan 28 + 14 = 42

3. Huddersfield 25 + 10 = 35

4. Catalans 26 + 8 = 34

5. Salford 18 + 10 = 28

6. Castleford 22 + 6 = 28

7. Leeds 17 + 8 = 25

8. Toulouse 10 + 10 = 20

9. Hull FC 18 + 1 = 19

10. Hull KR 18 + 1 = 19

11. Warrington 14 + 0 = 14

12. Wakefield 10 + 4 = 14

I think Wakefield have a very hard run in compared to Toulouse (so I think the Hull clubs are safe despite also having hard run-ins!), but after looking at Warrington's run-in, they should be worried!

I've gone with neither Hull clubs to win again this year (cheeky draw at the end to cap off what started promising seasons!), and Warrington zero wins too. Other than Toulouse, I think they don't have the form to win the other games.

I very much doubt this will be the final table, but that's my prediction! Toulouse final big run against out-of-form teams, Wakefield too much left to do, Wire to scrape through, Salford to march up the league, but ultimately Saints to beat Wigan in the Grand Final!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

As I said on the Wakefield Saints game thread, I think Toulouse had to win both their home game games against Salford and Hull FC to stay up.

Toulouse may be a tough team to beat at home but they have only won one game away all year and that was at a neutral venue.

At the back end of the season I think home advantage will count.

I want Toulouse to stay up but to predict 3 away wins and two home wins from the last 7 games for a team that has only won 5 games all year is simply too ambitious. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

League Leaders Shield is Saints’. I can’t see four defeats happening between now and the end of the season. 

We should be making a big thing of a third of the league going for sixth place. Salford, KR, FC and Leeds separated by a point makes for a good run in. Some big games between those four in the run in that we should be shouting about. 

Next weeks games look big for the bottom, I can’t call what way that will go. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

As I said on the Wakefield Saints game thread, I think Toulouse had to win both their home game games against Salford and Hull FC to stay up.

Toulouse may be a tough team to beat at home but they have only won one game away all year and that was at a neutral venue.

At the back end of the season I think home advantage will count.

I want Toulouse to stay up but to predict 3 away wins and two home wins from the last 7 games for a team that has only won 5 games all year is simply too ambitious. 

They're playing Hull twice. There's 4 points there!

I'm pretty confident they'll pick up more wins than Wakefield, although a desperate Wakefield will be difficult to beat.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Only 2 months of season left, with some close calls in important positions to be determined. Thought I'd give a go at predicting final few games and other can copy&paste for theirs if they wish. (It was more to see the likelihood of Hull getting relegated!)

Round 21

Wigan v Rovers

Toulouse v Hull

Cas v Wakey

Hudds v Wire

Catalans v Leeds

Salford v Saints

Round 22

Rovers v Toulouse

Hudds v Hull

Wigan v Wire

Saints v Cas

Leeds v Salford 

Wakey v Catalans

Round 23

Cas v Catalans 

Wire v Toulouse

Hull v Saints

Rovers v Leeds

Wakey v Wigan

Salford v Hudds

Round 24

Hudds v Cas

Leeds v Wire

Saints v Rovers

Wigan v Toulouse

Hull v Wakey

Catalans v Salford

Round 25

Toulouse v Catalans

Salford v Hull

Wakey v Rovers

Leeds v Hudds

Wire v Cas

Wigan v Saints

Round 26

Hull v Toulouse

Rovers v Wigan

Saints v Wakey

Hudds v Wire

Catalans v Leeds

Cas v Salford

Round 27

Wigan v Catalans

Leeds v Cas

Saints v Toulouse

Hull v Rovers DRAW

Salford v Wire

Hudds v Wakey

1. Saints 34 + 12 = 46

2. Wigan 28 + 14 = 42

3. Huddersfield 25 + 10 = 35

4. Catalans 26 + 8 = 34

5. Salford 18 + 10 = 28

6. Castleford 22 + 6 = 28

7. Leeds 17 + 8 = 25

8. Toulouse 10 + 10 = 20

9. Hull FC 18 + 1 = 19

10. Hull KR 18 + 1 = 19

11. Warrington 14 + 0 = 14

12. Wakefield 10 + 4 = 14

I think Wakefield have a very hard run in compared to Toulouse (so I think the Hull clubs are safe despite also having hard run-ins!), but after looking at Warrington's run-in, they should be worried!

I've gone with neither Hull clubs to win again this year (cheeky draw at the end to cap off what started promising seasons!), and Warrington zero wins too. Other than Toulouse, I think they don't have the form to win the other games.

I very much doubt this will be the final table, but that's my prediction! Toulouse final big run against out-of-form teams, Wakefield too much left to do, Wire to scrape through, Salford to march up the league, but ultimately Saints to beat Wigan in the Grand Final!

There is obviously gonna be alot of twists and turns in the remaining 7 games that's for sure. Appreciate the time you've spent but seriously giving Toulouse 5 wins out of 7? If you predictions are correct you deserve a medal imo

I agree with others on here IMHO I did feel Toulouse would of won yesterday and had them to win next week at home to out of form Hull. So I would go 12 pts Toulouse as for ourselves I feel 2 wins would be crucial, where we are going to find them though is another matter. Listening to Saints post interviews on youtube, they feel if we turn up with the cup final attitude for some of the remaining games then hopefully 🙏 we can finish above Toulouse 🤞

10 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

They're playing Hull twice. There's 4 points there!

I'm pretty confident they'll pick up more wins than Wakefield, although a desperate Wakefield will be difficult to beat.

I think that depends if today was a sign of new resilience from Wakefield or the high water mark of their challenge to avoid the drop.

Is this seasonal? Does the heat change people's minds each year.

"There is no time like Spring, When life's alive in everything."

Total RL forumistas are as mean as the winter chill on Salford.

Singing relegation, demotion, despair, despair!!!

"We pulled a rose in summer time"

Total RL forumistas are as generous as July twilight for Salford.

Singing play offs, Grand Finals, triumph, triumph!

Edited by idrewthehaggis

I'll settle for 5th but even in my optimistic state I can't see it (happy to be proven wrong though😁).

I think Hull will win in Toulouse next week. I didn't think they were great last night and Salford ground out the win without being amazing. Also, as bad as Wire are at the minute, I just can't see TO going to the HJ and winning (but would happily be proved wrong!).

We've also got an absolutely appalling record at Headingley....😩

In the era of golden point, how do you expect the Hull Derby to end up a draw Wellsy?

I presume, as usual, I'm missing summat.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

41 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I can't see Hull losing rest of their games.

If I keep my eyes shut, I'm with you.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

34 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

In the era of golden point, how do you expect the Hull Derby to end up a draw Wellsy?

I presume, as usual, I'm missing summat.

There's been one draw already this year despite GP.

It relies on chaotic positional play and incompetent drop goal kickers but it's possible.

• Like 2

Round 26 is an interesting one, it’s another catastrophe of a round thought up by some idiot. It’s another Easter situation with games on the Thursday and the Sunday and I wonder if teams will rest players for the Sunday (R26). 

Saints have won the hubcap and with two games in a few days, are they going to go full tilt for both with little to play for heading into the play-offs? Historically, they’ve rested players at different points over the past few years and it’s generally been quite successful, despite a few defeats to London and Cas in the short-term. I do wonder if Wakefield could face a rotated side. 

I see Toulouse beating Hull at home and Saints away (we will field a reserve team and cause a controversy the likes of which had not been seen for yesrs).

Question is can Wakefield win three matches to stay up? I think they'll beat Catalans and Hull KR. Huddersfield away is possible if the Giants minds wander to the play offs. This is going to be so tight.

Play off race is very interesting. Based on nothing more than a hunch, I'll go Cas 5th, Leeds 6th. That Cas v Salford match in the penultimate round is very tasty.

58 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

I see Toulouse beating Hull at home and Saints away (we will field a reserve team and cause a controversy the likes of which had not been seen for yesrs).

Question is can Wakefield win three matches to stay up? I think they'll beat Catalans and Hull KR. Huddersfield away is possible if the Giants minds wander to the play offs. This is going to be so tight.

Play off race is very interesting. Based on nothing more than a hunch, I'll go Cas 5th, Leeds 6th. That Cas v Salford match in the penultimate round is very tasty.

Surely the rotation will come the week before, having played on the Thursday then backing up on the Sunday against Wakefield. 

• Like 1

If Toulouse do go to Hull, Hull KR and Warrington and win all three, they will deservedly stay up, but I expect the bookies will have the home team as favourite for all of them.

Toulouse beating Catalans at Home is a banker. 

can’t wait. Should be a 20000 sell out!

The way Warrington are playing, I’d bo looking over their Shoulders. Pity Wakey didn’t upset the apple cart yesterday. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jughead said:

Surely the rotation will come the week before, having played on the Thursday then backing up on the Sunday against Wakefield. 

Over Easter, the mass rotation came in game 3. I'd expect the same again to avoid falling foul of 1 match suspensions before play offs.