Belle Vue trending for all the wrong reasons

4 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Saints take away ground photos and post them before every game, to try to encapsulate the character of the ground they are visiting.

It's actually quite hard to argue that the pics showed are not representative of the character of Belle Vue.  If Wakey fans/clubs are embarrassed by that character there are some easy fixes.

When Wakey have improved the facilities i will be visiting again and i’ll look forward to going. 

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

But it hasn't

Sorry but, you have been asked to produce what you say you have seen in the form of an official reputable statement/article. 

If you can’t do so then you lose your argument no matter how much you bicker between you both. 

instead of bouncing about just prove your point and be done with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Trojan Horse said:

Sorry but, you have been asked to produce what you say you have seen in the form of an official reputable statement/article. 

If you can’t do so then you lose your argument no matter how much you bicker between you both. 

instead of bouncing about just prove your point and be done with it.

Mate its been posted on here many times. Keep up

4 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

You asked how it is going.

Trinity have obviously done the minimum at Belle Vue on the basis of broken promises of a new stadium. When it became clear that wasn't going to happen, they did the sensible thing and set in motion a plan to redevelop BV.

Yes there have been wasted years, but that new plan can't magically be put into place over night. In the last 12 to 18 months Trin have secured planning permission and funding and begun development. 

If there is any time to stop picking at the club and get behind them as a sport, it is now that they are taking their future into their own hands.

The only criticism I will make is surely they could find some nicer chairs for the 'bench'. 

I hope they put cover with improved terracing on the touchline side were the current tv gantry is. 

13 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

And if we are talking since promotion you can add….

- new roof over 1/3 of West stand.

- new roof over north stand.

- The flats were built post promotion too after getting into SL. 

- there has been a few paint/cosmetic improvements over the years too.

People act like the club has done nothing and made no efforts but with what little resources there has been some efforts. 

No it’s not ideal but with the ground bought and now owned Trinity have made a 14 million + contribution to making the stadium more up to standard.

Anyone who has viewed the plans can see the new stand has some excellent facilities both inside it and outside. 

Boils my blood that some fans think Trinity directors have just been happy to bumble along over the years. That’s far from the case. 

Post of the day winner.  Wakefield as a club have been the very definition of being content to “bumble along” for about 20 years!  Corner shop operation, well done on buying some paint though 👍 can’t wait until you go down and we can get this sport going again at SL without such small time clubs content to hold us back.  #ScrapTheCap

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

No I won’t keep up. I haven’t seen it either. If you say it’s being posted before then simply find it and post a link to the thread or article. 

If it’s from the RFL then I will accept and believe you. Otherwise I couldn’t care less arguing and bickering over something well in the past. I suggested how you can stop bouncing off your boring ‘it is’ and ‘it isn’t’ posts between each other and prove your point. 

Im not going to root through historical articles and threads on here to prove you right. It’s well in the past so seems pointless dragging out to me regardless whether it’s right or not.

• Like 1

Just now, Dallas Mead said:

Post of the day winner.  Wakefield as a club have been the very definition of being content to “bumble along” for about 20 years!  Corner shop operation, well done on buying some paint though 👍 can’t wait until you go down and we can get this sport going again at SL without such small time clubs content to hold us back.  #ScrapTheCap

I don’t have time to waste talking to people like you who’s pure intention is to be on the wind up. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Yes you Wakey fans are whinning moaning minnies when confronted with the truth

It's actually the Wakefield fans that I feel for most in this.

Everyone else visits once or twice a year. They've had to put up with the facilities every other week with everyone giving them stick about it - with little (if any) control over making any significant improvement - they've been left in limbo waiting for, as you've pointed out, over 20 years.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It hasn't, because it doesn't exist.

What gets posted "on here many times", is tripe from people like you who believe if you say it often enough, it must be true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I told you it's all ready been proven here many times. Just a shame you wasn't a forum member at the time.

That's not how evidence works.

It. Never. Happened.

6 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

You asked how it is going.

Trinity have obviously done the minimum at Belle Vue on the basis of broken promises of a new stadium. When it became clear that wasn't going to happen, they did the sensible thing and set in motion a plan to redevelop BV.

Yes there have been wasted years, but that new plan can't magically be put into place over night. In the last 12 to 18 months Trin have secured planning permission and funding and begun development. 

If there is any time to stop picking at the club and get behind them as a sport, it is now that they are taking their future into their own hands.

The only criticism I will make is surely they could find some nicer chairs for the 'bench'. 

Nah, they were using the 'nice' chairs to prop open the fire doors!

• Haha 1