Belle Vue trending for all the wrong reasons

Yep, Knowsley rd, central park, wilderspool , fartown etc etc etc. Would have all presented simillar opportunities for un flattering photos shortly before their demise. 

Just a cheap shot, i bet they feel so proud whoever had the idea. 

If it had been done after the renovations that have now started then fair enough, but to do it now shows a lack of class

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

###### take from opposition supporters is par for the course. ###### take from a fellow club is poor form. I imagine there would've be many examples of such photos from Knowsley Road before the move. Notwithstanding the shoddiness of the dugouts which needs sorting asap and are an easy fix, especially as a few hundred or so have been installed at the bottom endow the ground, the issues highlighted will be rectified with the redevelopment of the east stand. Funny that they chose not to photograph or make reference to that.

Maybe because their players had to sit in that ‘dugout’ and not the East Stand? 

Saints take away ground photos and post them before every game, to try to encapsulate the character of the ground they are visiting.

It's actually quite hard to argue that the pics showed are not representative of the character of Belle Vue.  If Wakey fans/clubs are embarrassed by that character there are some easy fixes.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I agree its a mess. But I will offer a bit of mitigation. Those dugouts will be redundant at the end of the season . If any of you were taking a car to the scrap yard, would you wash and valet it before hand ?

Maybe not but you’d make sure the roof was still attached & it had 4 wheels.before setting off.

25 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I agree its a mess. But I will offer a bit of mitigation. Those dugouts will be redundant at the end of the season . If any of you were taking a car to the scrap yard, would you wash and valet it before hand ?

Sorry that's no mitigation. They haven't suddenly got in that state, that is years of decay. Even if they had then 1 season of that is too much, this is meant to be a fully professional elite league. Worst of all its a few hours work to have that looking much better.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Saints take away ground photos and post them before every game, to try to encapsulate the character of the ground they are visiting.

It's actually quite hard to argue that the pics showed are not representative of the character of Belle Vue.  If Wakey fans/clubs are embarrassed by that character there are some easy fixes.

You are preeching to the converted with me. I agree BV is an embarrasing dump. Should have been sorted years ago. Plenty have clubs have played at the dump this season. No doubt they all had the same opinion , but to my knowledge none went to the effort of posting photographs. 

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

You are preeching to the converted with me. I agree BV is an embarrasing dump. Should have been sorted years ago. Plenty have clubs have played at the dump this season. No doubt they all had the same opinion , but to my knowledge none went to the effort of posting photographs. 

Why should they (or any club) not create social media content?

1 minute ago, Agbrigg said:

Also I am/we are not defending those seats. An easy and relatively cheap fix. We could even have upgraded to/rented a temporay grp structure to go with it at not too significant cost until the new stand is open.

15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. They can only show what is there to show, but they know what they are showing.

Its embarrassing. Wakey know its embarrassing. It has been that way for over 2 decades. They've done nothing to change it till now (and even then, the side with the current "dugout" on will not be changed.

They did promise the RFL on their entry into Super League that they would revamp Belle Vue or build a new ground and that was over 20 years ago. How's the plan going?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

How long have they been there? 

13 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

They did promise the RFL on their entry into Super League that they would revamp Belle Vue or build a new ground and that was over 20 years ago. How's the plan going?

Right now the plan seems to be going pretty well for them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Saints post 4 pictures of the away ground at every match, this is nothing different. 

• Like 4

Just now, The Future is League said:

Yes after more than 20 years since it was first promised.

You asked how it is going.

Trinity have obviously done the minimum at Belle Vue on the basis of broken promises of a new stadium. When it became clear that wasn't going to happen, they did the sensible thing and set in motion a plan to redevelop BV.

Yes there have been wasted years, but that new plan can't magically be put into place over night. In the last 12 to 18 months Trin have secured planning permission and funding and begun development. 

If there is any time to stop picking at the club and get behind them as a sport, it is now that they are taking their future into their own hands.

The only criticism I will make is surely they could find some nicer chairs for the 'bench'. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Thinking about it, this wouldn't be a post IMG meeting influenced post from St Helens would it?

As a Trinity supporter I can't defend the indefensible but given that the dugouts have  looked like that on at least the previous four or five visits of Saints (and probably more) it does make me wonder if this was influenced by the IMG meeting.

However, as has been mentioned later in this thread it will change with the building of the new East Stand as changing rooms will be at the East side.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

You asked how it is going.

Trinity have obviously done the minimum at Belle Vue on the basis of broken promises of a new stadium. When it became clear that wasn't going to happen, they did the sensible thing and set in motion a plan to redevelop BV.

Yes there have been wasted years, but that new plan can't magically be put into place over night. In the last 12 to 18 months Trin have secured planning permission and funding and begun development. 

If there is any time to stop picking at the club and get behind them as a sport, it is now that they are taking their future into their own hands.

The only criticism I will make is surely they could find some nicer chairs for the 'bench'. 

More than20 years of broken promises or more than 20 years of couldn't be bothered?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tracitiger said:

better than the 1/2 empty soulless drab library that saints play in

Definitely, nobody would swap BV for where Saints play.

Also, I hate to break it to you but I imagine we fill a bigger % of our capacity than Wakey do so if anywhere is half empty, it's Belle Vue.

By the way, I am fully aware that Saints are VERY lucky with circumstance and timing to have the ground we have.  But even when at KR the club tried it's best to keep things ticking over (despite huge losses at times) and wouldn't have been seen dead with that "dugout".

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 1

Just now, The Future is League said:

More than20 years of broken promises or more than 20 years of couldn't be bothered?

I'm not a WT fan or someone who has been involved with them in any capacity, so I can't know.

But the impression I get is that it was basically 'A new stadium is in the pipeline so we won't spend large amounts on improving a ground that is due to be demolished'.

I don't think it was not being bothered - it would have been the right thing to do if the promises had been kept and the new stadium had been built.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't usually squander a chance to have a go at Saints but there is nothing wrong with posting those photos.

I think this thread has broadly got the tone right. Wakefield cannot magic a new stadium out of thin air but there's no excuse for making professional rugby players sit on chairs that would have been embarrassing if you had found them in a 1990s scout hut. I just walked around a charity shop that had better gear going for less than £50.

Edited by Just Browny

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

16 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I'm not a WT fan or someone who has been involved with them in any capacity, so I can't know.

But the impression I get is that it was basically 'A new stadium is in the pipeline so we won't spend large amounts on improving a ground that is due to be demolished'.

I don't think it was not being bothered - it would have been the right thing to do if the promises had been kept and the new stadium had been built.

Over 20 years they have been promising a new ground. OVER 20 YEARS

Edited by The Future is League
  • Thanks 1