Batley @the Bash

Wakefield Ram

Watched them yesterday

Widnes did a number on them, played Mount pleasant ground better than the dogs, Batley had no punch or flair, widnes on top all the second half. 

We turn up we've a chance

Your only as good as your last game

We got a draw away

And they lost at home🤔

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coolie said:

Watched them yesterday

Widnes did a number on them, played Mount pleasant ground better than the dogs, Batley had no punch or flair, widnes on top all the second half. 

We turn up we've a chance

Your only as good as your last game

We got a draw away

And they lost at home🤔

As I said to you yesterday you can’t win a game defending 40 odd tackles before touching the ball mr Grant wasn’t the best… anyway I’m sure if we get Gledhill back in the middle we’ll be fine 

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

As I said to you yesterday you can’t win a game defending 40 odd tackles before touching the ball mr Grant wasn’t the best… anyway I’m sure if we get Gledhill back in the middle we’ll be fine 

Don't point criticism at Mr Grant

Or BSJ will be after you🤔

And for God's sake don't Google "Tom Grant Referee" 

It's a list of mistakes & apologies 

Least the lad is consistant🤔

If his only consistency is

BAD 🤔🤔😜😜

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, coolie said:

Don't point criticism at Mr Grant

Or BSJ will be after you🤔

If his only consistency is

BAD 🤔🤔😜😜

No referees, no game. Simple.

Why do you think so many young referees are leaving the game, especially at the amateur level? It is largely because of unrelenting criticism from those who have never given it a go themselves. Hence there are fewer referees coming into the semi pro and FT ranks, leading to greater criticism; and so the spiral continues.

And YOU talk about consistency.

• Like 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

next time at a game just watch the faces of james childs or robert hicks ( examples only) when recieving critisism from the fans , in a sadistic way they seem to enjoy the power they have😉

• Like 1

Even better idea

To avoid criticism against referees we simply do away with the video referee, leaving the men in the middle to do the job they're trained to do, the video referee takes away the decision they have to make.. It's a try or no try, when they referee a game with no cameras they have to make the call, without the video ref there could be no scrutiny if the decision is right or wrong. 

Sending up a decision on a guess (try or no try) is wrong, specially when the video ref has to find concrete evidence to over turn the (guess) of the referee 

Do away with (the on field decision) and the decision is simply sent upstairs and the video ref calls it as he sees it, if that happens the ref cannot make a mistake, and the pressure is taken off him, the ref still gets to give straight forward decisions, it's the contentious one where he recieves help

Might actually improve referees by getting the crowd off their backs 🤔

3 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

To add a bit of context to the referee subject. I personally thought the ref at Newcastle (Mr Bennett) I believe it was reffed the game very well. When the ref is fairly unnoticeable you know it’s going well. 

I had no problem with Nick Bennett’s refereeing of the match. He kept the game on the move and only awarded seven penalties (5 for Dewsbury).

Slightly away from this thread:

I have only one query of his decision making (which comes from watching the highlights). From our short kick off after Thunder took the lead and we got the ball, the referee was heard saying, “Dewsbury knock on”, but nothing given by him if there was one. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

15 minutes ago, coolie said:

Even better idea

To avoid criticism against referees we simply do away with the video referee, leaving the men in the middle to do the job they're trained to do, the video referee takes away the decision they have to make.. It's a try or no try, when they referee a game with no cameras they have to make the call, without the video ref there could be no scrutiny if the decision is right or wrong. 

Sending up a decision on a guess (try or no try) is wrong, specially when the video ref has to find concrete evidence to over turn the (guess) of the referee 

Do away with (the on field decision) and the decision is simply sent upstairs and the video ref calls it as he sees it, if that happens the ref cannot make a mistake, and the pressure is taken off him, the ref still gets to give straight forward decisions, it's the contentious one where he recieves help

Might actually improve referees by getting the crowd off their backs 🤔

You were criticising the referee at the Batley - Widnes game. How did the video referee interfere in this case?

Spinning like a top again!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I had no problem with Nick Bennett’s refereeing of the match. He kept the game on the move and only awarded seven penalties (5 for Dewsbury).

Slightly away from this thread:

I have only one query of his decision making (which comes from watching the highlights). From our short kick off after Thunder took the lead and we got the ball, the referee was heard saying, “Dewsbury knock on”, but nothing given by him if there was one. 

Was it the referee or a TJ? All three are on the microphone, I believe.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You were criticising the referee at the Batley - Widnes game. How did the video referee interfere in this case?

Spinning like a top again!

I refrained from criticism at the Batley Vs Widnes game

None of the contentious issues were not in scoring tries

They were forward passes, 6 agains, high tackles, I'm surprised Hooley & Manning had heads at the end of the game🤔

5 minutes ago, coolie said:

I refrained from criticism at the Batley Vs Widnes game

None of the contentious issues were not in scoring tries

They were forward passes, 6 agains, high tackles, I'm surprised Hooley & Manning had heads at the end of the game🤔

If his only consistency is "

20 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

If his only consistency is "

And where does its say it was his performance at Batley?? 

Put the football on and give your mind something else to do. 🤔

Notice you didn't have nothing to say about removing the video ref to make the referee make his own calls🤔🤔

Last post of the evening so you can argue with yourself 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by coolie
  • Like 1

"No ref no game"

Bit of a pointless statement, as no players no game!

Even better still, no fans no semi professional club!

The game has been speeded up so much, players and ref's are expected to be super human.

There was a reason we had proper scrums, and a play the ball using your foot (and gaining your feet first), it helped slow down the game and gave defences time to set. And the ref chance to catch his breath, and therefore make less mistakes (hopefully 😀)

This need to speed everything up causes more issues for the ref rather than helping them manage the game.

• Like 5

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

13 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It's the only logical explanation. The ref wouldn't shout Dewsbury knock on and not give it. 

Correct. It was the ref who correctly overruled the touch judge. The Dewsbury player clearly knocked the ball in a backwards motion from the short kick off. I was literally 15 metres away with the same angle of view as the near side touch judge. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

"No ref no game"

Bit of a pointless statement, as no players no game!

Even better still, no fans no semi professional club!

The game has been speeded up so much, players and ref's are expected to be super human.

There was a reason we had proper scrums, and a play the ball using your foot (and gaining your feet first), it helped slow down the game and gave defences time to set. And the ref chance to catch his breath, and therefore make less mistakes (hopefully 😀)

This need to speed everything up causes more issues for the ref rather than helping them manage the game.

OMG and I always thought you were the opposite wit to my half 🤯

I could be mistaken...

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

10 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

OMG and I always thought you were the opposite wit to my half 🤯

I could be mistaken...

Granted not often, but every now & then, I do make a little sense.

I do try to keep it to a minimum though...😉

• Like 2

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

On 26/07/2022 at 20:19, coolie said:

And where does its say it was his performance at Batley?? 

Put the football on and give your mind something else to do. 🤔

Notice you didn't have nothing to say about removing the video ref to make the referee make his own calls🤔🤔

Last post of the evening so you can argue with yourself 🤣🤣🤣

You will be delighted to know that, thanks to your efforts, Tom Grant has been promoted to a SL game this weekend, and James Child being demoted to the Bash due to his blooper at the weekend.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

You will be delighted to know that, thanks to your efforts, Tom Grant has been promoted to a SL game this weekend, and James Child being demoted to the Bash due to his blooper at the weekend.

If I was sat on a plane with Tom Grant, Chris Kendall, Liam Moore & James Child with 2 parachutes... And it was going to crash... 

Me & James Child would be getting off it alive 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by coolie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolie said:

If I was sat on a plane with Tom Grant, Chris Kendall, Liam Moore & James Child with 2 parachutes... And it was going to crash... 

Me & James Child would be getting off it alive 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, but you would be the one wearing the rucksack.

• Haha 2