Batley @the Bash

Wakefield Ram

Join HWD Hospital Radio this Saturday when we will be covering the Rams Vs Batley Bulldogs Live from Headingly KO 3pm and then we will also bring you The Bradford Bulls Vs Halifax Panthers from 5.15pm in the Summer Bash 🏉double header.

We are having a few issues with our webpage host at the moment, so if the usual link to our Playpod doesn’t work tomorrow http://hwdhospitalradio.com/player.shtml  you can use any of these links too.

https://tunein.com/radio/HWD-Hospital-Radio-s225548/

https://www.radio-uk.co.uk/hwd-hospital-radio

http://internetradiouk.com/play/hwd-hospital/

Or just ask your Smart Speaker to “Play HWD Hospital Radio

If you type hwdchat.com into your browser you can interact with us too on our Chatbox feature.

Join us… It’s just like being there!

I reckon Batley will be seething after their defeat to Widnes last week and will want to show their supporters that they are back on track today. Will the dogs’ bites be worse than their barks? I think so and their ex-Dewsbury players, Hooley, Morton, Walshaw, Reilly, Flynn and Blake, all seem to be playing better for them than with us and scoring freely.

Add to that, I’m sure they will have worked out to which side our attack goes and snuff out our moves, while engineering their own attacks and catching us napping. 

Batley 36-12 Dewsbury

FTS: Gill

MoM: Sykes

Att: TBA

• Like 3
Legs, Dews, Legs.

Thank God i didn't go,and get a parking ticket round headingly.Who said they had improved.That first half watching on TV was especially embarrassing.I wouldn't give   Blackmore another game.Campbells 4 tries must have been the easiest he has ever scored.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, silcoates said:

Thank God i didn't go,and get a parking ticket round headingly.Who said they had improved.That first half watching on TV was especially embarrassing.I wouldn't give   Blackmore another game.Campbells 4 tries must have been the easiest he has ever scored.

5 try assists for Blackmore, Turner contributed with 2 try assists

A performance (loose term) 

Without passion, direction, heart

We deserve to go down on that showing 

Dust ourselves down

And go again Vs York🙄🙄

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I reckon Batley will be seething after their defeat to Widnes last week and will want to show their supporters that they are back on track today. Will the dogs’ bites be worse than their barks? I think so and their ex-Dewsbury players, Hooley, Morton, Walshaw, Reilly, Flynn and Blake, all seem to be playing better for them than with us and scoring freely.

Add to that, I’m sure they will have worked out to which side our attack goes and snuff out our moves, while engineering their own attacks and catching us napping. 

Batley 36-12 Dewsbury

FTS: Gill

MoM: Sykes

Att: TBA

Luckily away so didn't see the game. Blackmore's defence has been lacking since he started with us. Leaving his winger unmarked, getting caught in no man's land etc hard to think his defence was so poor over a long successful career. But atm there's no one else.

Final bail on the coffin today with the heaviest loss to Batley in 40 off years I've been watching.

Onto next season now and Finn re-building the team.

• Like 2

A decent first five minutes followed by a diabolical last 75.

To see my team play with so little passions hurts - I do hope that those players are hurting equally. I don't advocate such behaviour but, in days past, if the team were getting beaten so badly there would be at least one big punch up and a sending off - simply due to the passion on display. It was said previously that the players weren't showing any passion due to Lee Greenwood's coaching. That excuse has now gone so where was the passion today? Maybe it wasn't just the coach after all.

The club now needs to start planning for C1 immediately. Of the players on show today there are barely six that I would be offering contracts to, if it were my decision. And of that six I fully expect three to move elsewhere. Liam Finn has a big job on his hands - I hope that he knew just how big it was before he joined; if he didn't. he does now. The remaining games this season should be used to give fringe and younger players a chance. The old stagers today showed that is exactly what they are: thanks for the service guys but now it's time to move aside and give youth it's chance. In another sport it was once said that "you never win anything with kids". Well, you certainly never win anything with old players, long past their use-by dates.

On the only positive note Butterworth was head and shoulders above the rest today.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 7

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Past players of Dewsbury must be turning in their graves when players like Blackmore get the honour of wearing that jersey ..... When players are openly blaming each other, early in a game, you know you're in trouble ..... And, wow, are we in trouble .........

• Like 3

A win for Whitehaven tomorrow and league 1 is a done deal if it isn’t already. 
not sure where that performance came from given the steady improvement in recent weeks but it’s has bad has I’ve seen all year. Two players in particular were absolutely abysmal and looked like they’d prefer to be anywhere apart from on a rugby field
Butterworth was good again,in recent weeks he’s done the full 80 at hooker,I really don’t see what Speakman offers to the side other than Poor distribution and cheap penalties 

Attended today and I honestly did not see that result coming based on recent performances v Widnes and Newcastle. With respect Batley we’re nothing special but we made them look like world beaters. How many basic simplistic mistakes can a team make in one game? This is not a team it is a group of individuals who have been thrown together. This group does not fight for each other!

For me Champ 1 is nailed on. Needs stripping back to basics with a core group of players who are willing to fight for and uphold the values that the club should be proud to strive for.

Some of the current group do not want to be at the club. It is clear to see. Although I will also say that they have not been helped by poor off field decisions along the way. Not about finger pointing today in view of the fact that no player came out of it smelling of roses! Now is the time to concentrate on planning ahead.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Therein73 said:

Past players of Dewsbury must be turning in their graves when players like Blackmore get the honour of wearing that jersey ..... When players are openly blaming each other, early in a game, you know you're in trouble ..... And, wow, are we in trouble .........

The try scored against us when Ben Blackmore showed Campbell the touchline was laughable. Hope I never see him in a Dewsbury shirt again. 

• Like 4
rambo.gif

Left it a day to comment asl didnt want it too seem like l was having a go. l watched this game with hope following the Rams recent upturn in performance but that was nothing short of disgraceful. The whole "l wom't be here next year so who cares" attitude was there for all to see. No team spirit or cohesion and no on field leadership. 

Today l went to watch North Wales and the difference was clear for all to see. Great seeing Aaron Hall playing well and enjoying his rugby too...

Edited by LeagueConvert
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

Left it a day to comment asl didnt want it too seem like l was having a go. l watched this game with hope following the Rams recent upturn in performance but that was nothing short of disgraceful. The whole "l wom't be here next year so who cares" attitude was there for all to see. No team spirit or cohesion and no on field leadership. 

Today l went to watch North Wales and the difference was clear for all to see. Great seeing Aaron Hall playing well and enjoying his rugby too...

Aaron Hall should have been in our team all season long.    Problem is BSJ and LG decided he was unfit.   Unlike the rest of our forwards🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Ooooh. If only  that was funny

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

Can’t speak for every player but I know some who care. However they can’t change or influence other older more embedded pee poor attitudes. 

• Like 2

I was expecting a harder game for our boys! especially after the first ten minutes dewsbury looked really up for it, and our boys looked a bit shocked after you scored first, but as soon as dewsbury went behind they looked like they had accepted defeat as inevitable, and i actually felt a bit sorry for them, at one point I actually shouted down to linners to let our boys let you score one! Felt sorry for liam finn too in his after match interview the look of embarresment and shame on his face said it all,no coach deserves a performance like that at any level and the players  ought to be ashamed of themselves , its quite obvious that some of the players have already accepted dewsburys fate and are expecting to be playing somewhere else next year! For years there's been an exodus of players from one side of the valley to the other on yesterday's performance I wouldn't take any one  of your boys for free!! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, NickD said:

Aaron Hall should have been in our team all season long.    Problem is BSJ and LG decided he was unfit.   Unlike the rest of our forwards🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Ooooh. If only  that was funny

He certainly seemed fit enough yesterday. Worked hard in his stints on the field...chatting to him after the game he seemed very relaxed which was good to see

• Like 1

On 31/07/2022 at 13:33, Rambo said:

The try scored against us when Ben Blackmore showed Campbell the touchline was laughable. Hope I never see him in a Dewsbury shirt again. 

Not the greatest Blackmore fan for a number of reasons, but having watched the match back, the commentators have a really interesting discussion about his problems against our plays to that wing. he simply finds himself out numbered by our extra man. We play this a lot and I think the plans for the game should have taken this into account. As for the try discussed in the quoted post, I tend to think it was Campbell's dummy that gave him the extra space rather than Blackmore giving him the outside. What can be criticised is the lack of effort to stop Campbell from getting behind the post to score... I think it is the small efforts that say a lot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

He certainly seemed fit enough yesterday. Worked hard in his stints on the field...chatting to him after the game he seemed very relaxed which was good to see

Cheers.  He was fit enough all along.   Just made the mistake of offloading the ball …..the biggest crime in rugby if you’ve got the coaches we’ve had for last few years.  Bring back Norman Smith I say.  

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Cheers.  He was fit enough all along.   Just made the mistake of offloading the ball …..the biggest crime in rugby if you’ve got the coaches we’ve had for last few years.  Bring back Norman Smith I say.  

Rubbish!

At the start of the season he was blowing like a steam train after 10 minutes and was clearly unfit and overweight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.