Match thread: Championship Rd 21 Summer Bash. Featherstone Rovers v Leigh. Saturday 30th July 2022.

A slightly shorter turnaround this week with the Saturday afternoon kickoff.

Injury doubts about Jacks and Bussey to add to the list (Koppy, Hepi, Pickersgill, Kheirallah)

Gale, Ford, Lockwood and Sene-Lafeo missed out against York, so I assume they are available.

Perhaps Dan Fleming too?

Suffice to say, we haven't been in the best of form recently, and we now face Leigh again, a much stronger team than previous champions Toulouse 2021 and Toronto 2019.

We'll beat 'em.

Maybe Saturday, maybe October. Maybe both.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

A slightly shorter turnaround this week with the Saturday afternoon kickoff.

Injury doubts about Jacks and Bussey to add to the list (Koppy, Hepi, Pickersgill, Kheirallah)

Gale, Ford, Lockwood and Sene-Lafeo missed out against York, so I assume they are available.

Perhaps Dan Fleming too?

Suffice to say, we haven't been in the best of form recently, and we now face Leigh again, a much stronger team than previous champions Toulouse 2021 and Toronto 2019.

We'll beat 'em.

Maybe Saturday, maybe October. Maybe both.

Mac said Jacks and Bussey would both definitely be out, and probably need at least 4 weeks. That makes an already tough task even tougher.

I very much like the glass half full attitude. If we play as we have lately though we'll almost certainly get pummelled, but am hoping we can at least rise to the occasion and show some spirit.

56 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

If only we could forfeit.  Definitely would be the best outcome.

What a great idea. We only lose 48-0 if we don't turn up and no risk of injuries. When we lost 70-0 a few years ago to St. Helens at Widnes in the challenge cup most fans enjoyed it. Beer in hand doing the conga around the seating enclosure. Get your dancing shoes on Rob. You will need them.😂😂😂

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Western terrace

Think some might be sat in North

We're in the east stand and terrace , bloody rubbish view , still get wet if it rains , and the sun in our eyes if it shines 😎 

So who's got the south ? 

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We're in the east stand and terrace , bloody rubbish view , still get wet if it rains , and the sun in our eyes if it shines 😎 

So who's got the south ? 

Not sure, maybe ‘fax. A dulls fan I know reckons they’re on western too which seems daft. 

2 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Not sure, maybe ‘fax. A dulls fan I know reckons they’re on western too which seems daft. 

Fax in the east as well. 

south for neutrals?

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

On 25/07/2022 at 12:28, lingaro said:

Can't wait for Mac's motivational prematch interview on Sky. 

Thought the game was on Premier Sports 🤔

Watch sky instead.... 

Might make your afternoon more pleasant 🤔🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, coolie said:

Thought the game was on Premier Sports 🤔

Watch sky instead.... 

Might make your afternoon more pleasant 🤔🤣🤣🤣

It'll be about as pleasant as yours lol.

Leigh and Batley both cert winners.