Match thread: Championship Rd 21 Summer Bash. Featherstone Rovers v Leigh. Saturday 30th July 2022.

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Can I ask for your dealers number please🤔

He seems to be supplying far stronger stuff than my current dealer 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can't possibly tell you that 😆 What I can say is yes I'm probably a nutcase job, but there is a bit of logical reasoning gone into my forecast. Which after the game if we win I'll divulge my theory. If we lose I better get in touch with my dealer. 😆

• Like 1

20 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

PREDICTIONS

BATLEY by 16 v Dewsbury

YORK by 8 v Newcastle

HALIFAX by 26 v Bradford

BARROW by 6 v Widnes

LONDON by 12 v Sheffield

WHITEHAVEN by 28 v Workington

LEIGH  by 22 v Fev BUT BEWARE OF THE GIANT-KILLER😯

Good calls

Can't argue with any of them

Will there be a shock 🤔🤔

19 hours ago, RobLambert said:

What's the record low crowd ?  Sunday must beat it.....

2018 sunday 27th May London v TO  Rochdale v swinton Dogs v Rams  3928

20 hours ago, RobLambert said:

What's the record low crowd ?  Sunday must beat it.....

Barrow 300, Widnes 400 , haven 200, town 200, thunder 175, knights 300 ,   Total 1575 , there's got to be a lot of neutrals to get anywhere near the lowest attendance on Sunday at the bash.

21-man squad announced via the RFL's game centre on OurLeague app.

As expected Bussey and Jacks have joined Kheirallah, Pickersgill, Kopczak and Cuthbertson on the long-term injured list and aren't included and John Davies is another omission so presumably also injured. MC wasn't kidding when he said we have a sizeable chunk of the squad on the sidelines

Ben Hellewell has been recalled which seems a smart move. Hepi, Ford, and Fleming are all in the squad but we'll have to see if they play. If Ford isn't fit/ready then presumably Wildie will fill in at half back.

Squad: Briscoe, Broadbent, Cooper, Eseh, Ferres, Fleming, Ford, Gale, Hall, Hardcastle, Hellewell, Hepi, Jones, Leilua, Lineham, Lockwood, Moors, Sene-Lefao, Smith, Springer, Wildie.

Backs to the wall stuff required.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Matters not. 1&2 are all but sorted.

It's round 5 that matters assuming we safely negotiatethe play offs. You know it. I know it. We've all known it all year. 

Yes it won't be decided on points , it'll end in a knock out 

33 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Decent, isn't it?  Think there's plenty of Super League teams that would get brown stains in their shorts facing that.

No Amone though, who's probably their most devastating forward. 

Definitely if they could play that team in SL but they can't.

• Like 1

It's all a clever ploy.  Don't give Leigh a game all through the season, then pull the rabbit out of the hat for the playoffs and give them a pasting.  I reckon we tried to lose the first game of the season, but they beat us to it...

It is that, isn't it?  It must be, that's how McDermott does it...honest.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Matters not. 1&2 are all but sorted.

It's round 5 that matters assuming we safely negotiatethe play offs. You know it. I know it. We've all known it all year. 

True, and this weekend's game is an opportunity for those who fear they might lose their place when Bussey, Koppy, Ryley, and maybe Pickersgill, all return. Who will stand up to the plate when the going gets tough?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tubby said:

It's all a clever ploy.  Don't give Leigh a game all through the season, then pull the rabbit out of the hat for the playoffs and give them a pasting.  I reckon we tried to lose the first game of the season, but they beat us to it...

It is that, isn't it?  It must be, that's how McDermott does it...honest.

Daft as though that sounds , that's my biggest worry , no disrespect here but the only team that can stop Leigh winning ( or even getting to ) the GF is Leigh 

I'm hoping you have a lead at half time tomorrow , focusing us on not becoming complacent 

37 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Daft as though that sounds , that's my biggest worry , no disrespect here but the only team that can stop Leigh winning ( or even getting to ) the GF is Leigh 

I'm hoping you have a lead at half time tomorrow , focusing us on not becoming complacent 

I think you're right, Leigh complacency is our best hope. Historically, we're at our best when we've been written off.

Well, complacency or a bout of norovirus ripping through the Leigh squad. 

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

I think you're right, Leigh complacency is our best hope. Historically, we're at our best when we've been written off.

Well, complacency or a bout of norovirus ripping through the Leigh squad. 

Or Leigh not turning up lol.