Match thread: Championship Rd 21 Summer Bash. Featherstone Rovers v Leigh. Saturday 30th July 2022.

Yes its great when the RL community and the press write us off .  Wembley rocked at the Rovers end of the ground, what a great day.

pessimists and optimists which are you I feel rovers will be lucky to get within 30 points prob 42-14 however that said when I organised a bus for family and friends in 83 I distinctly remember saying to our coach driver as we got off the coach as long as we make a game of it and don’t get hammered we will be happy and just look what happened. 83 memories yep my son was pestering me I want a drink dad and when steve quinn was about to take that winning penalty kick I said son you can have a bottle of champagne if he kicks this and rovers name went on the cup once again. utr

oh and he did get that bottle of champagne many years later.

We'd be up against it here even with Kheirallah, Bussey, Kopczak, Jacks etc. Not often we've found ourslves in the position of being massive underdogs in recent years but just hope we have a dig. The result probably isn't such a big issue as top spot has almost certainly gone anyway so the performance is probably more important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

Davies not injured - Mac told him he isnt good enough or big enough to play VS Leigh - cant argue because he has got pulverised the 2 games so far VS Leigh

Wish we had a few more with Davies's steel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

Davies not injured - Mac told him he isnt good enough or big enough to play VS Leigh - cant argue because he has got pulverised the 2 games so far VS Leigh

I despair. Ffs McD doesnt even use 4 subs.  He must be worth a spot.  Give him 2 15 minute bursts and tell him to break a few ribs.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I despair. Ffs McD doesnt even use 4 subs.  He must be worth a spot.  Give him 2 15 minute bursts and tell him to break a few ribs.

I concede my knowledge of the game is nowhere compared to a coach of macdermott's standing. But im bug gered if I can understand JD's omission. Just don't get it.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I concede my knowledge of the game is nowhere compared to a coach of macdermott's standing. But im bug gered if I can understand JD's omission. Just don't get it.

He thinks we need to be full time. Consequently he's broadly picking those who don't have other jobs outside community club work. It's not a hard and fast rule, but has seemed fairly obvious to me for some time. 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

9 minutes ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Eventful first half but there’s a predictable pattern to the game that suggests an easy Leigh win. 

It was always going to be an hammering with the injuries we have and the full time team they have and never seem to get any injuries.

I predicted a 42-14 score and not far out if only fev could use the brick wall at the 20 metre line because defence inside the 20 is abysmal every week and if mac thinks davies is not big enough to play god help us. Defence defence defence mac take a wake up pill.

A few dubious decisions by Moore. Surely some of their kicks through , the runner was offside, and Ferguson bounced the ball. BUT we were our own worst enemy. especially in defence, and far too many mistakes.

Pick up lads Widnes away next week will be no walkover.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Not true in my eyes. JD is THE epitome of a rovers player. No backward step, tackles anything that moves and runs through brick walls. Only wish he was still playing for the kneets 😉

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Wish we had a few more with Davies's steel.

Yes J.D not up to it but Mac picks Hepi who  is no bigger and in my opinion not as good.I think Mac has wisely saved J.D. for next week so he dosn't get busted.Give Leigh credit they are the best Championship side i have seen.And for once this season they have got their recruitment right.Beaumont rightly sometimes gets some stick but puts his money into the team and it looks like paying off this season.

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Yes J.D not up to it but Mac picks Hepi who  is no bigger and in my opinion not as good.I think Mac has wisely saved J.D. for next week so he dosn't get busted.Give Leigh credit they are the best Championship side i have seen.And for once this season they have got their recruitment right.Beaumont rightly sometimes gets some stick but puts his money into the team and it looks like paying off this season.

only logical explanation saving davies knowing we were in for a thumping