Brad Jinks

sheddingswasus

21 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Just seen on twitter he has resigned for Waterhead. I know it was mentioned a few weeks ago but sad to see another Oldham lad go. 

Technically not an Oldham lad hes from Stalybridge but hes played his Rugby in Oldham.

Not sure if its the case with Brad but a few of the lads have become unsettled because of the amount of loan signings. 

Sean Slater very unfortunate last game.

When your little all you want to be is a pro sportsman. 

It seems now if your dont get a full time contract your ambition is now to play national conference rugby.

I know some conference teams are far better than most league 1 clubs with regards their set ups and playing standards. Oldham just need to look at what lock lane did.

Good luck to the lad don't know his circumstances could be work playing time being totally hacked off with losing.

• Like 2

good post cliff about the set ups of some amature clubs.

conferance premier league.

top west hull won 16 lost 1 drawn 1

4th lock lane won 12 lost 6

lock lane are not the best in the premier league what does that tell you.

3 hours ago, herbie said:

Not sure if its the case with Brad but a few of the lads have become unsettled because of the amount

I joked in the last match, “he’s the best 39 we have” but the reality was the majority of the players are numbered in the late 20’s to late 30’s. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

I joked in the last match, “he’s the best 39 we have” but the reality was the majority of the players are numbered in the late 20’s to late 30’s. 

9 players on loan . 8 available for Sunday. Would we really have been in a worse position if we had given more game time and a chance to develop to our younger signed players? 

Another young lad hasnt missed a training session all season and has made the 21 once. Not played a minute. Nothing against bringing in players in on loan just the sheer numbers. Would we be in a worst position if this lad had been given a go? Long term it could have improved us for next season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Happyed said:

Why does it?

As ###### as the players have been you lot will still find a way to blame it all on CH!

In the past he's done a lot to alienate himself. Some have offered help and been ignored. Some have set up a fans delegation,had a meeting with him,only for him to cancel any further meetings. I remember when myself and others sponsored a square metre of Whitebank turf, money supposed to be ring fenced for ground development then we lost the ground, where's the money now?(I'm sure I still have the certificate somewhere) I also remember when quite a few used to post on here out of interest in the club,that sadly is no longer the case,this speaks volumes. I believe he's burned his bridge's with some people. 

• Like 2

Rather than go over the same old ground, how about a more positive look at what may now be feasible, following the takeover at Boundary Park.

This week's news is BIG for the town and it is obvious that the plan is to use the stadium and its facilities for more than just the Latics. The council too have been involved in the negotiations and have indicated that they will be be working with the new ownership, with regards to plans for the future. Pair that, with what Chris Hamilton said in the club podcast, about his hopes for a return for us to play stadium, then who knows, we really could be looking at a more positive future. 

I agree that, for various reasons this season has not gone to plan and perhaps expectations from a new squad were a little too high at the start. Also, the lack of continuity in the games has been frustrating for fans and staff alike. However, now is not the time to give up on the club. Continue to back the Roughyeds and lets wait and see, how things develop over the coming months.

Hoping for the best and a win tomorrow.😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's a massive problem deciding where your future lies, both for individual players and for teams. Do you, either as a player or as a CEO of a club,go down the fully professional route, total dedication, 24 hours a day, all out for your dream? With all the expense that's needed, but the rewards can be phenomenal. Or, do you do it as an amateur, where you can play the sport you love and live your dream at another level.  Just look at Mike Ford and Steve Mawdsley, both RL internationals, one at pro level the other at amateur level. Some players don't want to play pro because they have committments elsewhere, college, work etc. The problem with semi professional is that there needs to be  a commitment almost on a par with professional teams. It's a fine balance. Should we ever get to the level of Leigh or Fev then we have another problem. We need to go fully pro and lose those players who want to stay semi pro.  There's no three quarters pro, it's one or the other. For me I just want us in the top half of the championship. But we need the infrastructure first. Hopefully we are going to get that. 

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 30/07/2022 at 11:14, Happyed said:

Why does it?

As ###### as the players have been you lot will still find a way to blame it all on CH!

Because we sign 25 players on season long deals then we don't play them but the youngsters from super league clubs.

Is it due to part of the loan players wages are covered by the patent club and as such don't come out of oldham's coffers. 

Or is it the fact that the players were signed before we had a coach and coach don't fancy them. 

If its the latter then it is certainly the chairman's fault