England Matches in 2023

Can't see the Aussies coming over for the WC in France. They are wrapped up with SO and nothing else matters.

As for  Tonga etc coming over their teams are all drawn from the NRL so no chance of those being released.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Newcastle might start to get boring if too many big events are held there, and it’s a long way for a lot of people. I’d have one in Yorkshire, one in Lancashire (historic county of) and one in London. 

Newcastle might give us 20,000+ tickets to locals that wouldn't give a #### about Magic weekend. 

I would never go to Magic but am going to Newcastle for the WC.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 1

Etihad, St James’ and Tottenham would be great, though I can’t see them going to London and Newcastle.

Elland Road is dated but we tend to do quite well with tickets there, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a game there.

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Newcastle might start to get boring if too many big events are held there, and it’s a long way for a lot of people. I’d have one in Yorkshire, one in Lancashire (historic county of) and one in London. 

Anywhere is a long way for people if they live a long way away from there . You can say that about any place 

59 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

It shows how little Australia give a toss about coming over here by the fact the Ashes were cancelled and there's been absolutely no talk at all about rescheduling it. That series was gonna be fantastic, that really was a series I was getting a stiffy for. 

Anatidae arousal aside, I think the Aussies announced (late last year?) that they wanted a year off touring after the world cup, but planned an Ashes tour in 2024.

I'm not sure if that is still the plan.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Pretty naff if we can't get Tonga or any of the other pacific teams over to tour the UK and France.

Be nice for one of them to come over but can't see it financially.  Unless Tonga won the WC, that might make a difference.  For me though we need to build a yearly test vs France as part of any calander

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Anatidae arousal aside, I think the Aussies announced (late last year?) that they wanted a year off touring after the world cup, but planned an Ashes tour in 2024.

I'm not sure if that is still the plan.

which is fair enough.. been a busy few years lately with all those tours they've been on!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Anywhere is a long way for people if they live a long way away from there . You can say that about any place 

Yes I know, but I’m sure you know what I mean. Sheffield, Leeds and Manchester are easier for more people in the potential audience to get to than Newcastle is. 

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

you are Confucius and I claim my £5

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes I know, but I’m sure you know what I mean. Sheffield, Leeds and Manchester are easier for more people in the potential audience to get to than Newcastle is. 

Elland Road is not suitable to not international sport.  Fans deserve much better facilities. It will be 2023 not 1993!

• Like 1

We sort of have a formula now of North West, North East and London. 

If we are looking to sell out every ticket and give the London game a real push, I can see the value of 2 x 25k grounds and then the big ground in London. 

Our record for a Kiwi series was 7 years ago with c92k, but then we did drop to 75k in 2018.

We should be looking for growth and to beat the record. 25k at Wigan, 25k at Hudds and push for 50k+ at Spurs and you have hit your 100k mark. Ideally more if you sellout spurs. 

Newcastle has Magic, Leeds maybe has the Cup Semis, London has Wembley and Spurs. 

For me it's sensible yet remains ambitious enough to deliver growth. 

• Like 3

My reasoning for the 2nd test in London (Not first) is that it really doesn't matter if we are 1 down in the rubber.

I would also have the 3rd test in a smaller venue to negate a possible empty seats scenario if we are 2 tests to nil down better to have a sell out (If its 1 all then it puts upward pressure on the tickets which is not a bad thing) for this reason I would choose Leeds Rhinos for the 3rd test.

BRIGHTON

LONDON

LEEDS 

Or if we are not brave enough BRIGHTON for the France match followed by NEWCASTLE LONDON LEEDS

Paul

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Would rather Sheffield if we are about growth.  Bigger crowds with Sheffield stadium.  Re-exposing the sport to Sheffield and helping us grow in a city of 500,000. 

We'll see at the World Cup later this year how Sheffield does, but Huddersfield is both a far better ground and better location than Sheffield. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Potential audience by definition is one that 'could be' and not one that 'is'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

My reasoning for the 2nd test in London (Not first) is that it really doesn't matter if we are 1 down in the rubber.

I would also have the 3rd test in a smaller venue to negate a possible empty seats scenario if we are 2 tests to nil down better to have a sell out (If its 1 all then it puts upward pressure on the tickets which is not a bad thing) for this reason I would choose Leeds Rhinos for the 3rd test.

BRIGHTON

LONDON

LEEDS 

Or if we are not brave enough BRIGHTON for the France match followed by NEWCASTLE LONDON LEEDS

Paul

Brighton's ground is lovely but England v France there would essentially need to have tickets given away - and it would be madness to have Brighton and London being two of the three Tests.

• Like 5

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Damien said:

What a shock, another 3 match series against the Kiwis. Such imagination and variation from our administrators.

Well Zero chance i would have thought of getting the insular Aussies over here.

Perhaps in future a quad nations series involving, England. New Zealand, Samoa and Tonga. Just saying

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

Can we have evening games please? I nostalgically look back on cold evening games with fondness despite remembering how cold I was as a kid actually there. Games under the lights are much better. 

Lets have Saturday afternoon games when soccer has it's international weekends