England Matches in 2023

6 hours ago, UTK said:

Absolutely, if they do manage to do that then it's a credit to them and I take back my criticism - But England in their entire history have never played 7 Internationals in a calendar year outside of WC years, so It would be quite a ground-breaking decision.

Yeh I’d be very surprised if it does happen but happy to be proven wrong. They’ll probably just put England Knights in unfortunately, even though a B team shouldn’t be allowed in an official tournament.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I don't mind another series against NZ.

I also agree with those saying that we should play France.

Are we likely to play down under in 2024, or will that be the year the Aussies come over for an Ashes series?

Hopefully down under but from 2026 onwards we need a set structure which involves regular European competition post season when the NRL talent are released so we can get Greece and Lebanon up here.

14 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

😂 France would easily put 30-40 points on the Cook Islands you have no idea what you’re talking about and England will destroy Samoa.

France lost to Lebanon last World Cup who were predominantly made up of part time players.

3 hours ago, AB90 said:

France lost to Lebanon last World Cup who were predominantly made up of part time players.

Key world is “ Last “ World Cup France have improved a massive amount since then. In 2015 France lossed to England 84 - 4 and last year they only lost 30 - 10 against England. If France played Lebanon now it would Be a 50 - 0 win for France

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Key world is “ Last “ World Cup France have improved a massive amount since then. In 2015 France lossed to England 84 - 4 and last year they only lost 30 - 10 against England. If France played Lebanon now it would Be a 50 - 0 win for France

France may of improved however the pacific nation teams have improved at a far faster rate.

Is France really that much better than they were 5 years ago!

21 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

France may of improved however they haven’t and are not improving at any where near the rate and speed of the pacific island teams.

There is zero evidence to suggest France would beat Lebanon 50 nil.

• Like 1