Hornets v Swinton

Certainly we do Tyrone.

Home games against Keighley, Hunslet, and Oldham follow for Swinton, then Crusaders away, so we must inflict further pain in what will be a tight finish for at least 5 of the top 6 play-off clubs. Our discipline must improve and let our performance dictate the talking.

The weather forecast indicates early showers.  

55 minutes ago, glemiln said:

Certainly we do Tyrone.

Home games against Keighley, Hunslet, and Oldham follow for Swinton, then Crusaders away, so we must inflict further pain in what will be a tight finish for at least 5 of the top 6 play-off clubs. Our discipline must improve and let our performance dictate the talking.

The weather forecast indicates early showers.  

Our discipline has been a problem for too long. You can’t expect to beat the other teams around us playing with 12 or 11 men.

Trust all is shaping up well to help secure our crucial win to towards, hopefully, a top 4 place for the play-offs?  
The announced 21 squad, with McNally returning looks good.  Referee: A.Moore.🎶
Hunslet’s 0-24 hammering last night by Hurricanes opens a door potentially for Oldham to sneak 6th!   Hunslet has Keighley & Swinton away; home: Donny and lastly Oldham, with the latter 6 games; their win over Cru tomorrow would help us too!

I think we need four wins from our remaining games to finish second . Thirty points should do it . It’s in our hands and so it should be. Relying on others is no good. Our advantage is playing Keighley in the last game when they could of already won the league.

Absolute S*****g  Disaster.+++  
Our discipline again! Two yellows, 7 and 17mins. We concede 6 tries. At one point we were “building the phases” but dropped the bl***y ball!

6-36 🤬 ht

Miracles…..?  16-50

No - a Hornets player red carded with 17 very long minutes to suffer.

Edited by glemiln

I’m on holiday so I’m missing this one. Sounds like I’m the lucky one. I said earlier you can’t play the teams around you with a player down all the time and expect to get a result. Two yellows and a red card I’m hearing now. This isn’t an isolated incident that we can just forget about. How many games have we been at least a man down in during the last couple of seasons ? Way too many ! 
We’ve probably played more games with 12 players than we have with 13 !

If the people running the show can’t do anything about discipline - time for a change ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m on holiday so I’m missing this one. Sounds like I’m the lucky one. I said earlier you can’t play the teams around you with a player down all the time and expect to get a result. Two yellows and a red card I’m hearing now. This isn’t an isolated incident that we can just forget about. How many games have we been at least a man down in during the last couple of seasons ? Way too many ! 
We’ve probably played more games with 12 players than we have with 13 !

If the people running the show can’t do anything about discipline - time for a change ?

Discipline  a disgrace, we knew Swinton would wind us ip and we fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Alas, Tyrone it was a red and another yellow second half, I believe.

Perhaps we should change the shirt colours?

Unfortunately, Hitchcock off on a stretcher.

A very bad day we cannot forget with the play-offs ahead.

At least we got to 22 -53. Enjoy the rest of the holiday.

• Like 1

Wound you up to do 2 pile driver tackles? That's a poor excuse 

And given your appalling disciplinary record you're wound up easily every week 

Those yellows could easily have been reds with some seriously lenient reffing on show

Stop kidding yourselves 

• Like 1

I think we must have been watching a different match today - Rochdale took the lead and self destructed by giving penalties away for foul play - I really can't agree with the previous comment "Discipline  a disgrace, we knew Swinton would wind us up and we fell for it hook, line and sinker" .

I think Rochdale wound themselves up to honest. At the start of the second half you gave away penalty for back chatting to ref - and Swinton scored from the resulting play............

I think its hard to take big defeat but its out of order to blame Swinton for Rochdale's poor discipline.

I imagine we will meat in the play offs and that match will be the only one that will matter..............

• Like 2

Doncaster must be clapping their hands at that result . Hornets will be lucky to put a team out next week in what now is a must win game. Swinton played as a team and Hornets defence made Swinto look world beaters. The writing was on the wall last week and discipline’s haunted us all season. With the off field issues I hope the board can come up with the answers quickly. Never been easy following Hornets but I’ll be at Doncaster hoping for the best.

11 hours ago, wayne_r said:

I think we must have been watching a different match today - Rochdale took the lead and self destructed by giving penalties away for foul play - I really can't agree with the previous comment "Discipline  a disgrace, we knew Swinton would wind us up and we fell for it hook, line and sinker" .

I think Rochdale wound themselves up to honest. At the start of the second half you gave away penalty for back chatting to ref - and Swinton scored from the resulting play............

I think its hard to take big defeat but its out of order to blame Swinton for Rochdale's poor discipline.

I imagine we will meat in the play offs and that match will be the only one that will matter..............

Fair comment Wayne. Hornets discipline was terrible and to be fair I thought Swinton were well organised, structured and ball handling was first class. No Hornets leadership either on the field or from the bench. Allan Coleman was non stop on the touchline guiding his team.  A bitter pill to swallow for Hornets but the club is still building. Yesterdays result reflects most of the seasons' results for Hornets who have come some way forward but still have a way to go. The talent was on the field yesterday but they looked like strangers for most of the game. To balance my praise for Swinton I also think they took the amatuer dramatics of rolling about 'injured' and appealing for a penalty  at every tackle a little too far. Hornets disciplinary record probably prompted this facet of Swintons'  game plan, but its irritating for the spectators and  is creeping insidiously into our game and is not needed !  

Well played Swinton !  We will hopefully get another shot at you in the play offs 🏈

I’m being told we had 4 yellow cards as well as the red card, if that’s true it’s beyond ridiculous. We won’t beat anybody in this league, apart from the odd lower level team, with stats like that. I’d be fining the players in future - 25% off their wage for a yellow card, 100% off for a red card. 
Two things win you games - discipline and defence. If we are expecting to go further in the play offs we need to get both of these right asap.

1 hour ago, wayne_r said:

Hi Joe, I am sure there will be a re-match in the play offs and that will be the only one that will matter 🙂

The Swinton coach played to the Swinton crowd all afternoon. It started with him urging their fans early on when Bennion got his card . He was constantly told to calm down by the touch judge , I don’t know if the fourth official got involved but he should have . I don’t know what he’d be like if Swinton where losing . Not sour grapes Swinton played well and we didn’t. We have a discipline issue but a lot of the yellows get overturned, I always liked seeing big hits but it seems we are losing that from the game. Good luck to Swinton and runner up looks yours. Hornets , as other posters have said need a settled side and stick with it .

40 minutes ago, Excolt 1 said:

The Swinton coach played to the Swinton crowd all afternoon. It started with him urging their fans early on when Bennion got his card . He was constantly told to calm down by the touch judge , I don’t know if the fourth official got involved but he should have . I don’t know what he’d be like if Swinton where losing . Not sour grapes Swinton played well and we didn’t. We have a discipline issue but a lot of the yellows get overturned, I always liked seeing big hits but it seems we are losing that from the game. Good luck to Swinton and runner up looks yours. Hornets , as other posters have said need a settled side and stick with it .

What happened to McNally ? I thought he was fit to play. Losing him apparently meant moving Sheridan from scrum half to full-back, Chase from stand off to scrum half, and bringing in the new guy to stand off. Wasn’t there a stand in full back that could have played  that would have meant us playing with our usual settled half back partnership ?

13 hours ago, Excolt 1 said:

discipline’s haunted us all season. With the off field issues I hope the board can come up with the answers quickly.

Indiscipline sticks like glue (certainly in referee circles) and has dogged what could have been an even better season.  Naturally, unless our indiscipline is eradicated it will derail any hope of our success in the play-offs, especially from a probable 5th position.  The outcome of the disciplinary hearings will be ‘interesting’!

Last season we had two guys get red cards early on in crucial games. At the disciplinary both were found to have no case to answer. Of course it’s too late then.

Given the furore over players suffering from early on set dementia and consequently taking action in law against the RFL anything remotely above the chest is now a high tackle. It’s no good moaning about it. We have to come to terms with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What happened to McNally ? I thought he was fit to play. Losing him apparently meant moving Sheridan from scrum half to full-back, Chase from stand off to scrum half, and bringing in the new guy to stand off. Wasn’t there a stand in full back that could have played  that would have meant us playing with our usual settled half back partnership ?

McNallys'  quad apparently went again in pre match. He spoke before the match in the Hospitality area. Said he hoped to be back next week.

I asked the same question yesterday and the best answer that came up was Tyrer to fullback and retain the halfbacks as Sheridan and Chase. 

Jack Hansen murdered us at Halfback yesterday.

32 minutes ago, Joe 90 said:

McNallys'  quad apparently went again in pre match. He spoke before the match in the Hospitality area. Said he hoped to be back next week.

I asked the same question yesterday and the best answer that came up was Tyrer to fullback and retain the halfbacks as Sheridan and Chase. 

Jack Hansen murdered us at Halfback yesterday.

That would have been my choice also. Tyrer’s  had a great season so far, he’s never had a bad game. If this season tapers off to nothingness some tough decisions will have to be made.