Chris Interview

JordanW

Chris did a great job getting town promoted to championship,but the coach as to stand up and take responsibility for this season,its his team he's put together,for me town can't afford a full time coach,unless Chris goes part time, also town have lost a great deal of cumbrian players who town need next season to build a squad for championship 1.,hopefully the club can sort everything out.

9 hours ago, Town utd said:

Chris did a great job getting town promoted to championship,but the coach as to stand up and take responsibility for this season,its his team he's put together,for me town can't afford a full time coach,unless Chris goes part time, also town have lost a great deal of cumbrian players who town need next season to build a squad for championship 1.,hopefully the club can sort everything out.

He has made mistakes sure, but Coach can only sign with ammount of money he is given mate

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Onreport said:

He has made mistakes sure, but Coach can only sign with ammount of money he is given mate

he also needed to be very thorough with his recruitment, and judging by the number of hookers we've signed at the expense of big forwards, you can't say he's done that - so he needs to accept some responsibility as the final decision on signing players will have been his !

As regards being a good coach - well the jury's still out with me as what we lack in flair we should have been able to make up with grit determination and a well drilled defence, but our defence play has been woeful all year and that to me is down to bad coaching.

It was always going to be tough season, even if everything had gone to plan without any hiccups, but a strong well drilled defensive game plan would have kept us in contention in games and at least given us a sporting chance of staying up.

If defensive coaching wasn't his strong point then he should have held his hand up and said so, the club could then have asked for help in that area. At the end of the day in any team sport, if you stop the opposition scoring then you are in with a chance of winning games.

Do our assistant coaches even challenge Chris and his decision making or are they there purely to put cones out and hold tackle bags?

Maybe its time for  complete clear out, pretty certain Chris will be using his contacts to try and get fixed up with a job at one of the Super League Academies this summer and if he goes then good luck to him as I think its probably best for him to part ways with the club.

There will be plenty of other people who would love to take on the coaching position and if Chris does go, then I think we should be looking for a player coach who can give some badly needed on-field direction

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 1

I've spoke to a couple of lads who he has coached, they say he is a decent coach but his man management skills are very poor, and it's so important to have both when coaching.

Probably agree with JMB`s comments , always comes over to me as good thinker and analyser , but good motivator , getting best out of what he`s got , i am not sure . Can`t ever see Him giving them the hair dryer  treatment or hurling the odd water bottle about .

16 hours ago, Town utd said:

I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about but it's called League 1.

5 minutes ago, Alineden said:

I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about but it's called League 1.

16 hours ago, Town utd said:

with the benefit of hindsight I think the gap between Championship and League one just shows what a blood y awful standard league one is, and we gained promotion from what was the weakest league one in years !

Its all a learning curve, but whether we learn anything from it is anyone's guess! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

he also needed to be very thorough with his recruitment, and judging by the number of hookers we've signed at the expense of big forwards, you can't say he's done that - so he needs to accept some responsibility as the final decision on signing players will have been his !

As regards being a good coach - well the jury's still out with me as what we lack in flair we should have been able to make up with grit determination and a well drilled defence, but our defence play has been woeful all year and that to me is down to bad coaching.

It was always going to be tough season, even if everything had gone to plan without any hiccups, but a strong well drilled defensive game plan would have kept us in contention in games and at least given us a sporting chance of staying up.

If defensive coaching wasn't his strong point then he should have held his hand up and said so, the club could then have asked for help in that area. At the end of the day in any team sport, if you stop the opposition scoring then you are in with a chance of winning games.

Do our assistant coaches even challenge Chris and his decision making or are they there purely to put cones out and hold tackle bags?

Maybe its time for  complete clear out, pretty certain Chris will be using his contacts to try and get fixed up with a job at one of the Super League Academies this summer and if he goes then good luck to him as I think its probably best for him to part ways with the club.

There will be plenty of other people who would love to take on the coaching position and if Chris does go, then I think we should be looking for a player coach who can give some badly needed on-field direction

Plenty wanting to be prime minister aswell, doesnt mean they are any good at the job

44 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Probably agree with JMB`s comments , always comes over to me as good thinker and analyser , but good motivator , getting best out of what he`s got , i am not sure . Can`t ever see Him giving them the hair dryer  treatment or hurling the odd water bottle about .

Think Phil Vevers was crtitcised in similar fashion , probably a world of difference between full and part time players in respeft of what they expect and will tolerate.

5 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

with the benefit of hindsight I think the gap between Championship and League one just shows what a blood y awful standard league one is, and we gained promotion from what was the weakest league one in years !

Its all a learning curve, but whether we learn anything from it is anyone's guess! 

This years is considerably weaker, in fact it’s a shambles when a team like keighley is winning every game by 50 odd points. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

11 hours ago, wonky said:

This years is considerably weaker, in fact it’s a shambles when a team like keighley is winning every game by 50 odd points. 

money talks, a group of very wealthy local businesses men pumped a fair amount of cash into them in a desperate attempt to get them out of the league and it seems to be working. 

12 hours ago, wonky said:

Keighley have a great team at the moment tho marra , they have brought in some great players that would do well in any championship team , I wish had a few of them 😉

• Like 2