Mark Campbell's thoughts on the season so far

Normy_Rover

• Normy_Rover changed the title to Mark Campbell's thoughts on the season so far

I thought he was mostly very good but seems to lay most of the blame at the paying fans who have a right to complain when every week rovers defence is really poor and it’s no good saying we outspend others if you are not getting the right players however thats probably due to money and players desires to play for fev. OK I believe our attack is as good as anyones but defence has always been the key to success just watch saints they defend like lions. I honestly cannot see rovers having any chance of promotion this season barring increasing the super league to 14. I will be delighted to be proved wrong and rovers win the play offs but unfortunately I feel we will be runners up once again this year. I really admire Mark for his constant support of the club in many different ways and if only for his sake rovers really ought to succeed. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eltel said:

I thought he was mostly very good but seems to lay most of the blame at the paying fans who have a right to complain when every week rovers defence is really poor and it’s no good saying we outspend others if you are not getting the right players however thats probably due to money and players desires to play for fev. 

Probably my biggest frustration when discussing our performances. You can't criticise unless you're a Super League winning coach or a wealthy backer...apparently.

11 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It won't be 14 teams.

It's win the final or another championship season if we lose. Upside to losing is we play either toulouse or wakey. 

As a francophile I'd love it to be toulouse.... but, I hope its wakey and toulouse v fev is a SL fixture.😊

Yeah cos yer like going to Wakefield don't yer Robin lol 😆.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Le marché Victor Hugo, Toulouse...

Or

Wakey indoor market.

Tough choice!!🤣🤣🤣

I'm a Wakephile.You can stick Toulouse up your arriere. Call me parochial but there's nowt like a good derby day in our northern based sport. By the way I hope Wakephiles not rude😯😯

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I'm a Wakephile.You can stick Toulouse up your arriere. Call me parochial but there's nowt like a good derby day in our northern based sport. By the way I hope Wakephiles not rude😯😯

Honestly, I'd take toulouse over wakey as a fixture anyway. But that's me. Other opinions are available.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Honestly, I'd take toulouse over wakey as a fixture anyway. But that's me. Other opinions are available.

I know you have a love for France Robin and it's good we all have different opinions.Its also good to have the same opinions.One thing is certain we both love Fev.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Le marché Victor Hugo, Toulouse...

Or

Wakey indoor market.

Tough choice!!🤣🤣🤣

I'm sure they'll sell oysters in Wakey market! I'm not sure I'd want to eat 'em tho'!!🤔

Edited by roversspud
  • Haha 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Choice of Victor Hugo or Cas Indoor Market then? 

Not giving you option of Ponte's as that would be unfair on VH 😉

I take it you've been to the VH? Come and find me at the next game and I'll bore you rigid with our experience there a few years ago! 🤣

Edited by Robin Evans