Mark Campbell's thoughts on the season so far

Normy_Rover

10 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Are we really comparing travelling to Tolouse and Wakefield?  Or is that a genuine enquiry?? 

Not really. With you saying it's only £20 going to wakey, I assumed it was just for yourself. Which your £500 comparison is excessive. Way excessive.

However, if you're going as a family, two adults two kids, then yes, £500 is about right.

If it came to a binary choice, wakey or toulouse, unsurprisingly  I'd take toulouse any day.... and we've always had a good following on our trips there

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Not really. With you saying it's only £20 going to wakey, I assumed it was just for yourself. Which your £500 comparison is excessive. Way excessive.

However, if you're going as a family, two adults two kids, then yes, £500 is about right.

If it came to a binary choice, wakey or toulouse, unsurprisingly  I'd take toulouse any day.... and we've always had a good following on our trips there

Without a doubt, the French trips have been the best away day experiences I've had following Fev, bar the cup finals. I agree with you, Robin, Toulouse and/or Catalan over Wakey every single time.

• Like 1

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

Replying to somewhat further up this thread (before so many people got obsessed with shopping experiences). Yes the spectre of a 14 team SL next season was raised again today, regurgitated by Serious (haha) about RL. No one should ever believe any of the drivel that that site recycles.

Well done to the poster that pointed out Rimmer's previous announcement.

Then it was QVC "all the way down"!

8 hours ago, clogdance said:

Found the interview a rather sad watch to be honest. Pumped a lot of money into your club, but sounded totally deflated. #Leyther

It'll be reight. Like it was after this very similar statement by another Championship club owner 6 months ago, who also sounded totally deflated about the fans...

OMG people.  Whilst our fans are what it’s all about and the most important revenue stream we don’t run the club based on your comments or needs. We are dual with saints and know what we can expect from them player wise. We will deliver for our fans when the result at the end matters I hope our fans deliver for us as up to now our sales don’t do that. I must say the negativity and slagging off is wholly unhelpful. We had an employee in tears last night due to tripe ranted on social media about merchandise. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it just as I am mine especially when I am pumping fortunes into the place again to get where we deserve to stay there. If you ain’t got anything positive to say then please keep it to yourself as it just don’t help. Trust in those putting money time amd effort in and those with a proven track record and experience who are being paid to do a job that they will do it. We won’t fail and we ain’t perfect but I could easily come and analyse any of our critics in their lives and work and give a load of negativity. A supporters job is to support to be positive and defend the club no matter what not disrespect and criticise it. I care not if people who are of that ilk like my comments or even turn up I would sooner go to war with real people who go with what we have and fight till the end. Rant over!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, roversspud said:

Without a doubt, the French trips have been the best away day experiences I've had following Fev, bar the cup finals. I agree with you, Robin, Toulouse and/or Catalan over Wakey every single time.

Did you get to Toronto? That was the best for me, with Toulouse a close second.

12 hours ago, Bongser said:

Replying to somewhat further up this thread (before so many people got obsessed with shopping experiences). Yes the spectre of a 14 team SL next season was raised again today, regurgitated by Serious (haha) about RL. No one should ever believe any of the drivel that that site recycles.

Well done to the poster that pointed out Rimmer's previous announcement.

Then it was QVC "all the way down"!

I don't think there's a cat in cas' chance of two going up, even if TO do finish bottom. 

I just want to qualify for the final and win it. We're not favourites, I'll concede that. But favs don't always win and fev are testament to that.

• Like 6

On 27/07/2022 at 08:33, sentoffagain2 said:

I have been saying it all season if you read my posts on the General Rugby League Forum.

The RFL have stated categorically that there will be no changes to the league structure for 2023. A review of the structure for 2024 onwards is currently underway.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The RFL have stated categorically that there will be no changes to the league structure for 2023. A review of the structure for 2024 onwards is currently underway.

Point taken but i can't see the benefit of Toulouse being relegated.Wakey yes they have escaped the trapdoor and this season might be their turn.The logical step would have been 14 in SL next season no relegation and then 6 teams moving up from The Championship to make 2 divisions of 10.But who knows they make it up as they go along with no long term agenda.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Quite rightly so too even though I am a Fev fan. We made plenty of noise when Widnes were elevated from fifth place a few years ago and again with Leigh the other season. You can't be changing rules mid way through a season. Promotion should be as a result of a Grand final victory. Fev and Leigh have spent more than any other club. Leigh more so than anybody but they have got to get promoted the right way in my opinion. The grand final might not be played by one or both of the top two and then what?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Quite rightly so too even though I am a Fev fan. We made plenty of noise when Widnes were elevated from fifth place a few years ago and again with Leigh the other season. You can't be changing rules mid way through a season. Promotion should be as a result of a Grand final victory. Fev and Leigh have spent more than any other club. Leigh more so than anybody but they have got to get promoted the right way in my opinion. The grand final might not be played by one or both of the top two and then what?

My head would fall off laughing 

15 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It'll be reight. Like it was after this very similar statement by another Championship club owner 6 months ago, who also sounded totally deflated about the fans...

OMG people.  Whilst our fans are what it’s all about and the most important revenue stream we don’t run the club based on your comments or needs. We are dual with saints and know what we can expect from them player wise. We will deliver for our fans when the result at the end matters I hope our fans deliver for us as up to now our sales don’t do that. I must say the negativity and slagging off is wholly unhelpful. We had an employee in tears last night due to tripe ranted on social media about merchandise. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it just as I am mine especially when I am pumping fortunes into the place again to get where we deserve to stay there. If you ain’t got anything positive to say then please keep it to yourself as it just don’t help. Trust in those putting money time amd effort in and those with a proven track record and experience who are being paid to do a job that they will do it. We won’t fail and we ain’t perfect but I could easily come and analyse any of our critics in their lives and work and give a load of negativity. A supporters job is to support to be positive and defend the club no matter what not disrespect and criticise it. I care not if people who are of that ilk like my comments or even turn up I would sooner go to war with real people who go with what we have and fight till the end. Rant over!

Derek was 'annoyed' by comments when we only had 18 players registered the week before the league season started. Watching Mark Campbell was sad to watch as he seemed totally dejected/deflated, but there is no need for him to feel that way.

8 hours ago, clogdance said:

Derek was 'annoyed' by comments when we only had 18 players registered the week before the league season started.

To be fair, Derek does have a tendency to get "annoyed", usually when he's "tired and emotional" late at night, such as earlier this week...

Derek john beaumont @derek_beaumontJul 24

I don’t need to fly to leigh I live close to it! Don’t know u don’t care! Happy fight you DM me and we will do it with no coverage for your ego! Nobody will know I kicked ur ###### other than you! But u know that will happen already

Tried to DM you after following you to set this fight up! But can’t. When we doing the food get I will give £25k to charity if you show where you are and beat me! In fact I will give £5k just@fir@you showing up with your big mouth so I can smack it you wimp 😂
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

To be fair, Derek does have a tendency to get "annoyed", usually when he's "tired and emotional" late at night, such as earlier this week...

I don’t need to fly to leigh I live close to it! Don’t know u don’t care! Happy fight you DM me and we will do it with no coverage for your ego! Nobody will know I kicked ur ###### other than you! But u know that will happen already

Tried to DM you after following you to set this fight up! But can’t. When we doing the food get I will give £25k to charity if you show where you are and beat me! In fact I will give £5k just@fir@you showing up with your big mouth so I can smack it you wimp 😂

Much as I admire what Derek has done for the Leigh, this is plain embarrassing to everybody associated with the club. 

On the flip side, I would have advised against releasing Mark Campbell's comments. They are very sad indeed at a time when he should be motivating the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Septimius Severus said:

Much as I admire what Derek has done for the Leigh, this is plain embarrassing to everybody associated with the club. 

On the flip side, I would have advised against releasing Mark Campbell's comments. They are very sad indeed at a time when he should be motivating the club.

I thought he was trying to motivate the club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Typical of 'New Money' 😂 

4 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I thought he was trying to motivate the club.

"Headingley is not Blackpool" - lets start by putting down the Bash because it is at a stadium that he once lost at.

"A lot of Negativity at the club, as a fan should get behind them" - not exactly a rousing speech to raise the masses.

Then a rant about Leigh having more money and half the team injured in the stands - all just setting the scene for a defeat. The most up lifting part "Who knows what might happen?" - he sold the game to me with that nugget.

"Lads are up agennit(sic)- not seen a season like it for injuries"

What is the point of turning up on Saturday? your chairman does not think you stand a chance.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2022 at 07:48, The Phantom Horseman said:

Horseman, I actually value your comments and most of the time you say it exactly how it is. Unfortunately I don't agree that fans opinions don't matter, we are after all paying customers (some of us are). As a customer we have the right to an opinion, whether that is positive or negative. The old adage is that you are "twice as likely to tell others about bad service than good".

That said I don't agree with being horrible to staff, but what the hell are we doing here if it is not letting off steam.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Septimius Severus said:

Horseman, I actually value your comments and most of the time you say it exactly how it is. Unfortunately I don't agree that fans opinions don't matter, we are after all paying customers (some of us are).

For sure, I'm just making the point that it shouldn't be all doom and gloom, which is pretty much what MC was saying. I don't think rousing motivational speeches are especially his style anyway, but if his point is that people should focus on the general positive trend at the club, I agree with him.

That's not to say that people shouldn't be able to criticise or express opinions on things they disagree with, far from it, there have been many such issues to discuss this season, I just think that amongst all the critical comments perhaps the overall progress of the club has been a bit forgotten.

34 minutes ago, Septimius Severus said:

"Headingley is not Blackpool" - lets start by putting down the Bash because it is at a stadium that he once lost at.

"A lot of Negativity at the club, as a fan should get behind them" - not exactly a rousing speech to raise the masses.

Then a rant about Leigh having more money and half the team injured in the stands - all just setting the scene for a defeat. The most up lifting part "Who knows what might happen?" - he sold the game to me with that nugget.

"Lads are up agennit(sic)- not seen a season like it for injuries"

What is the point of turning up on Saturday? your chairman does not think you stand a chance.

Good points, however we've apparently sold more tickets than any previous Bash. We're used to being underdogs, it's kind of our thing.

I'm 99% certain we'll lose tomorrow. But that 1% is what made me buy the ticket and an unlikely victory for us will be so much sweeter than your virtually certain victory.  Whereas defeat for us is already priced in and I'll be supping and singing regardless.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Good points, however we've apparently sold more tickets than any previous Bash. We're used to being underdogs, it's kind of our thing.

I'm 99% certain we'll lose tomorrow. But that 1% is what made me buy the ticket and an unlikely victory for us will be so much sweeter than your virtually certain victory.  Whereas defeat for us is already priced in and I'll be supping and singing regardless.

Good on you. Fev appear to like an away fixture, but at 18 miles it is a hop, skip and a jump from Post Office Road.

I won't wish you luck, but go well.

• Like 2