Sat 30-Sun 31 Jul: The Betfred Championship - Summer Bash Match Thread

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I missed the half time chat, did they show why Hepi was sent off?

He was sent off for punching, but the incident that sparked everything was Hepi moved his foot forward to stand on McDonald's hand when getting up to play the ball.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

He was sent off for punching, but the incident that sparked everything was Hepi moved his foot forward to stand on McDonald's hand when getting up to play the ball.

Yeah Leigh are 😇 Angels.

22 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Ah right, didn't show that at the time but there was obviously something that had happened. 

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Ah right, didn't show that at the time but there was obviously something that had happened. 

They showed it in later replays(standing on his hand), think it took them a while to figure out what had happened although I don't think they had a replay of Hepi punching, just Macdonalds punch.

Just now, Josef K said:

I like the young lad Ross Fiddes he is very good at talking to the players/coaches after a game. 

Me too. I was suprised by how much he got more out of McDermott considering his mood, way more than any of the sky commentators used to manage when he's in that mood.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Me too. I was suprised by how much he got more out of McDermott considering his mood, way more than any of the sky commentators used to manage when he's in that mood.

Yes Ross did really well with the interview, and i thought McDermott was fair in praising Leigh. 

Thought it was scrappy by Fax but with so many forwards missing we struggled to get on the front foot against the huge Bradford pack. Not quite sure what Joe Martin got sent off for but I am sure he will get a lengthy ban for injuring Dec Patton's finger with his eye. Hopefully that game isn't too costly going in to the big one next week as we looked to lose a few more players with injuries in Mcomb with his shoulder and Keyes wearing a boot after the game added to however many bans the RFL decide to give us this week.

Stayed and watched most of the Leigh V Fev game and I thought it were more one sided than the scoreline suggested and Fev looked a beaten team after the first try, their body language is really appaling which does suggest something is not right. I just can't see how any team can beat Leigh for the rest of the season.

• Like 3

Again a complete #### up by Leeds at Headingley , contacted them 5 weeks before the game to sort out the arrangements , finalised on Thursday before the game 

All changed at midday of the game , and then again during the match , how they expect us to contact 300 fans to give them details of changes during the game god only knows , not a steward in site post game to help 

A Shambles Mr Hetherington , hope you enjoyed you ' corporate ' day 

57 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Again a complete #### up by Leeds at Headingley , contacted them 5 weeks before the game to sort out the arrangements , finalised on Thursday before the game 

All changed at midday of the game , and then again during the match , how they expect us to contact 300 fans to give them details of changes during the game god only knows , not a steward in site post game to help 

You did a great job, but for seeing you we would have had no idea where to go.

6 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

What happened? Don’t you just get tickets with a seat row and number on? 

I saw a large group of fans yesterday in town yesterday .I couldn't make out what they were chanting so I didn't know what club they were fans of . I just got " we hate etc " 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

9 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Stayed and watched most of the Leigh V Fev game and I thought it were more one sided than the scoreline suggested and Fev looked a beaten team after the first try, their body language is really appaling which does suggest something is not right. I just can't see how any team can beat Leigh for the rest of the season.

Nah I don't agree with the comments about body language being appalling. I thought Fev had a dig but Leigh probably have 10 or so players who would be regular starters if they were with SL clubs, and the game reminded me of what used to happen when we faced SL opposition in the middle 8s, except whereas those were just another game for the SL clubs, Leigh have seen Fev as their big rivals all season.

It was telling listening to the commentators (I think it was Kev Brown) making a comment something along the lines of "I know we're not supposed to say this, but the quality of this game leaves the other games today in the shade, this looks more like a SL game", it was played at a totally different tempo to the other 3 games.

Leigh just keep adding more and more quality to what is already a super-strong squad and with Lam they have now addressed their one weakness ie half backs. I agree it's very difficult to see how they will be beaten for the rest of the season but it will still come down to a one-off game.

• Like 2

Given yesterday was supposed to be the big crowd I dread to think what today will be like.

I know there was problems with getting Blackpool but a quarter full Headingley looked terrible on TV. I'm really not sure if the whole Summer Bash thing is worth it. If they have it next season make it earlier and in a smaller stadium. The reason for earlier is for some teams it's season over already. At least a fuller smaller stadium will look and sound better on TV. 

• Like 5

Enjoyed the first two games, nipped out to get some fodder after the Batley game. Catering was absolutely pants at Headingley. One dirty burger van and one bar open at the west side (selling a choice of cack beer, cack lager and cack cider).

It's possible I had a few too many pints of Hazy Jane in Brewdog in the run up to our game, don't remember a great deal about it, but I thought our general performance was much improved on recent weeks. Leigh are something else though.

Disappointing fan turn out from all teams bar Sheffield, who seem to have upgraded the taxi to a coach. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Phil W said:

Given yesterday was supposed to be the big crowd I dread to think what today will be like.

I know there was problems with getting Blackpool but a quarter full Headingley looked terrible on TV. I'm really not sure if the whole Summer Bash thing is worth it. If they have it next season make it earlier and in a smaller stadium. The reason for earlier is for some teams it's season over already. At least a fuller smaller stadium will look and sound better on TV. 

Completely pointless and unnecessary round of fixtures that bring absolutely nothing to the game apart from making an unbalenced league. Dare say it loses money too

• Like 5

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

10 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Long long time ago 

Only a few months ago it was Fev for the trebble  what happened? 

Who said we were going to get the treble ? A couple of fan's? We Fev fan's on here are usually the grounded one 's same as most other fan's. It's all about opinions and good banter.

• Like 1

Considering the number of "first choice" player's unavailable for Fev I thought they performed very well, earlier in this thread I joked about Big Mac being cagey and keeping his best players under wraps only to bring them all together for the GF, he knew that yesterday's result would not alter the fact the GF is going to be at the LSV no other team is going to deny Leigh of that this season, they say there is some truth in jest and I strongly believe that what I said is very close to Mac's strategy, a full strength Fev outfit in a one off game is a daunting prospect for this Leigh fan.