Sun 31 Jul: SL: Salford Red Devils v St Helens KO 15:00

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/07/22 at 14:30

9 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Possible shock on the cards here. 

I doubt that very much GS the Red Devils are trying hard but the odds on the whole are against them.

I hate to think a Saints win is all but .....

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

We'll probably go similar to last week, except Knowles returning and perhaps Norman dropping out.

Salford are playing well, especially at home, but are really up against it injury wise, which favours us.

I'm expecting a difficult game but given Salford's injuries and our (I expect) determination to improve on last week, I'll say Saints by 10.

Depends on Saints this one.

👼🏽Do they value winning the Hub cap?

I'd say yes.

👼🏽 Do they think Wigan can be beat to win that Hub? 

I think they do.

👼🏽 Who do they want to be 6th (and a possible semi final opponent?) Salford, Leeds, KR or FC

I think so.

:kolobok_girl_devil:So if you are reading this Mr Woolf, then put out yer kids, let us win and we will see you in the Semi Finals one late September evening🙃

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Depends on Saints this one.

👼🏽Do they value winning the Hub cap?

I'd say yes.

👼🏽 Do they think Wigan can be beat to win that Hub? 

I think they do.

👼🏽 Who do they want to be 6th (and a possible semi final opponent?) Salford, Leeds, KR or FC

I think so.

:kolobok_girl_devil:So if you are reading this Mr Woolf, then put out yer kids, let us win and we will see you in the Semi Finals one late September evening🙃

Saints have shown in the past they don't really care about the Hubcap. They've deliberately played weakened teams and given up the hubcap to manage their squad for the play-off's. All they're really interested in is ensuring a top 2 finish and a week off and home tie in the SF.

Also who finishes 5th or 6th probably hasn't even crossed their minds as its largely out of their control as they could end up playing 4th, 5th or 6th in the SF (or even 3rd if they don't win the hubcap).

This game could be a difficult one to call, both teams have slightly different priorities. For Saints its now just about managing the squad and building momentum for the SF, for Salford its all about ensuring they get a top 6 place which for them probably means having to pick up a fair few wins in the last 7 games. This extra 'desperation' could well see them snatch this one.

Edited by Saint Toppy

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

18 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Salford will be too good for Saints, Salford team of the year for me.

Salford 22-10 St Helens

Hey Mr Wilkin, is this you?😁

Thanks for the compliment though, I love this bunch of players and it's amazing what you can do with a good coach & entertaining rugby, despite having the lowest budget in the league. Throw in a LOT of long-term injuries and we've done brilliantly.

Been a few revelations this year at Salford. Cross & Dupree from the Championship (thanks Widnes!🤗), Watkins in the 2nd row and Brodie Croft is as good a 6 as I've seen in SL this year (Jackson who?😉).

Will we make the 6? Tough one, but one thing's for sure, this team certainly has the minerals to stay in the fight until the very end.👍

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Been a few revelations this year at Salford. Cross & Dupree from the Championship (thanks Widnes!🤗),

Fair play to Cross for sticking at it. Saints released him from their Academy and he worked his way back through the Championship with Barrow & Widnes, finally getting his shot at SL with Salford.

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Fair play to Cross for sticking at it. Saints released him from their Academy and he worked his way back through the Championship with Barrow & Widnes, finally getting his shot at SL with Salford.

And he doesn't look out of place at all in SL. When you compare him to the likes of Costello, Davies & Norman that we've had on loan/perm from Saints over the past few seasons he's been by far the best (admittedly Davies & Norman are still pretty young).

Throw Luckley into the mix with Cross & Dupree and our Championship recruitment has been really good the last couple of years (couldn't say that a few years back with some of the dross we brought in from Swinton 😂).