Sat 30 Jul: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves KO 15:00

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/22 at 14:30

Me and a mate were saying how that's probably one of the worst we've played all year, a Wire fan commented that that was one of their best and that shows how far his team has fallen backwards under Powell.

Once again though we win a game we WOULD have lost convincingly in years gone by and by a distance despite being pretty poor apart from a 25 mins spell in the 2nd half to blow the Wire door off, i actually said that if we can get on top here we will win.

In that spell Greenwood, Trout, English and Yates absolutely smashed the Wire pack into oblivion and made yards after yards following contact too, why we couldn't have started like that god knows.

Will Pryce was having a shocker and it was clear that he was struggling and needed some loving, Watson sent some on and then he found his mojo with another trademark effort.

With Cas losing last night and the month we've had we really needed that.

If i was a Wire fan i would be really worried, the way we were playing they could and probably should have had the game wrapped up but instead went the other way as they did last week too.

Their backs look handy but their pack is average championship at best.

Good job for them we only had our reserve team out 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OMEGA said:

I do not understand why Huddersfield agreed to let Jake Wardle leave

Theyve got a home grown local young kid with the world at his feet begging for game time and they play a 32 Leutele, 33 year old Cudjoe and sign a 34 year old Naiqama and let the young kid go?

Because he has had injury problems and Cudjoe and Leutele have been superb all year, Jake had his chance but was poor and sulked cos he wasn't getting picked and wanted out, under Watson players like that will be gone, simple as that.

The door is still open for him but he hasn't helped himself with his attitude, he's a great player but i trust Watto's decisions no matter how disappointing they may appear.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Because he has had injury problems and Cudjoe and Leutele have been superb all year, Jake had his chance but was poor and sulked cos he wasn't getting picked and wanted out, under Watson players like that will be gone, simple as that.

The door is still open for him but he hasn't helped himself with his attitude, he's a great player but i trust Watto's decisions no matter how disappointing they may appear.

This.

Superb talent, but biscuits for kneed in recent years and sulked that in form players were keeping him out. 

Watto's shown he puts the club over individual players already. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

This.

Superb talent, but biscuits for kneed in recent years and sulked that in form players were keeping him out. 

Watto's shown he puts the club over individual players already. 

He did that last year after about 3 weeks when he banished Sezer and Gaskell from the squad.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Me and a mate were saying how that's probably one of the worst we've played all year, a Wire fan commented that that was one of their best and that shows how far his team has fallen backwards under Powell.

Once again though we win a game we WOULD have lost convincingly in years gone by and by a distance despite being pretty poor apart from a 25 mins spell in the 2nd half to blow the Wire door off, i actually said that if we can get on top here we will win.

In that spell Greenwood, Trout, English and Yates absolutely smashed the Wire pack into oblivion and made yards after yards following contact too, why we couldn't have started like that god knows.

Will Pryce was having a shocker and it was clear that he was struggling and needed some loving, Watson sent some on and then he found his mojo with another trademark effort.

With Cas losing last night and the month we've had we really needed that.

If i was a Wire fan i would be really worried, the way we were playing they could and probably should have had the game wrapped up but instead went the other way as they did last week too.

Their backs look handy but their pack is average championship at best.

Good job for them we only had our reserve team out 😉

Not buying the so called Huddersfield injury crisis.

They recall Louis Senior from his loan and then can't find a place for him in the 17. 

7 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

They recall Louis Senior from his loan and then can't find a place for him in the 17. 

Probably due to attitude tbh.

Our entire 1st choice 1-5 is missing, plus a couple of starting props. 

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

This doesn't look good at all. I was at the KR game at Warrington,there are some pretty angry wolves fans out there judging by the reaction of some of them after the game. They simply do not seem to be able to compete for the full 80. They start off great then go on to fluff it. Come on Warrington you're surely better than this.

Reports that players were abused in front of their wives and kids after the game, not good really, yes i can understand fans being disappointed but to resort to abuse is not on however bad your team are playing. They were happy to take the glory when it was there so now is the time to take the other side of it and be a supporter.

11 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Jermaine McGilvary, Leroy Cudjoe, Ricky Leutele, Tui Lolohea, Chris Hill, Seb Ikahihifo, Jack Cogger all missing from our 1st 17, Senior was recalled as cover not to start the game.

• Like 1

Huddersfield fans get very touchy when other teams mention their injuries.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

That's cos Sky made a habit of ignoring our injuries while focusing on the oppositions msising men, it's rubbed off onto the general fans now.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Reports that players were abused in front of their wives and kids after the game, not good really, yes i can understand fans being disappointed but to resort to abuse is not on however bad your team are playing. They were happy to take the glory when it was there so now is the time to take the other side of it and be a supporter.

There was one ****hole who did this and his mates told him not to. Not nice but all clubs have a few dickheads.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

There was one ****hole who did this and his mates told him not to. Not nice but all clubs have a few dickheads.

one too many but at least it wasn't a good few of them then.

On 30/07/2022 at 16:39, Old Frightful said:

Costly sin bin for Bullock and Wire.

Yet look how Leeds reacted to, not only a sin bin, but a sending off! I really can not understand the current mentality at Warrington?????

Ah so according to Powell the game turned because we didn't get a man sin-binned, hang on, is he suggesting his players gave up because of a decision that wasn't even made?

I'd be even more concerned at that if i was a Wire fan.

Come on Daryl, give it a rest mate...

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/daryl-powell-looks-to-turning-point-when-huddersfield-giants-man-shouldve-been-binned-as-he-explains-defeat-56836/

Edited by daz39

On 29/07/2022 at 19:26, Wilderspoolmemories said:

The "shower" who have contributed more to RL than your mob ever will,  you mean? Just remind me.... when did you last win a trophy?

Exactly!

You should be more concerned about your shower's desperate struggle to stay in SL than how many trophies Huddersfield have won compared to Warrington.

Enjoy the rest of the season  🙂 

On 30/07/2022 at 20:47, Just Browny said:

Because Huddersfield are the only team in SL who are never depleted or have players missing, it's always the opposition that have injured players, it's like the issue with crowds, everyone except Huddersfield is allowed reasons for low crowds, we aren't given any slack when it comes to players missing or crowds.

Forgive us if you think we are a little fed up of the tedium around it 🙂 

14 minutes ago, meast said:

Because Huddersfield are the only team in SL who are never depleted or have players missing, it's always the opposition that have injured players, it's like the issue with crowds, everyone except Huddersfield is allowed reasons for low crowds, we aren't given any slack when it comes to players missing or crowds.

Forgive us if you think we are a little fed up of the tedium around it 🙂 

Spot on Meast. Its about the men on the pitch, not the bums on the seats.