Fri 29 Jul: Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/22 at 19:30

3 hours ago, muckymunksy said:

Looking at the Waki squad they would get beat by Dewsbury. 

Waki, Yamaguchi, a town in Japan

Waki, Poland, a village in Poland

Waki, Mali, a town in Mali

Waki, Jaoli, a village in Maharashtra, India

Waki, Vikramgad, a village in Maharashtra, India

Waki, Beed, a village in Maharashtra, India

And now to add to that list we have

Waki, City in West Yorkshire, England.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The last thing I want is for Wakefield to go down, they have done it hard for a few seasons now and I for one respect them for it and also I would not want Liam Hood to be relegated he was such a great servant to my club for a few years, irrespective of that my question is if Wakefield do get relegated do you expect to be able to keep hold of the lads you mention?

Isn't it up to the player's of a relegated club if they wish to remain or pursue their career elsewhere, as I believe all playing contracts are null and void if a team is relegated from SL, is that still the case?

If we did go down I suspect that the club would revert to part time losing most of their 'big name' players, with the vultures hovering ready to pick off the likes of Murphy, Hall and Croft. 

Should this be the case it will be a long, long  road back to Super League , a journey  that Trinity may be unable to make.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rioman said:

If we did go down I suspect that the club would revert to part time losing most of their 'big name' players, with the vultures hovering ready to pick off the likes of Murphy, Hall and Croft. 

Should this be the case it will be a long, long  road back to Super League , a journey  that Trinity may be unable to make.

Unfortunately I will have to agree with you Rioman, young player's who show so much future potential will be the targets of other SL club's, but this is a failure of our system that the quality of these guy's have to be the exception rather than the rule, we just cannot and dont produce enough player's coming through.

13 minutes ago, Rioman said:

Probably right, unless we went for the straight back up first season gamble.  If it goes to 2 x 10s  season after next what happens then.

Up the Trin 

1 minute ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Probably right, unless we went for the straight back up first season gamble.  If it goes to 2 x 10s  season after next what happens then.

Up the Trin 

Who Knows eh?

The 'gamble' would possibly work if we could retain players on full time contracts but I can't see us having the necessary income as a Championship team to support a full time environment.   (PS. I hope I'm wrong if the worst does happen.)

16 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Up the Trin 

If a team is relegated this year and it goes to 2x 10 for 2024, it doesn't matter where you finish in 2023 (well, apart from top 8).

You'll be in the second 10.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

The last thing I want is for Wakefield to go down, they have done it hard for a few seasons now and I for one respect them for it and also I would not want Liam Hood to be relegated he was such a great servant to my club for a few years, irrespective of that my question is if Wakefield do get relegated do you expect to be able to keep hold of the lads you mention?

Isn't it up to the player's of a relegated club if they wish to remain or pursue their career elsewhere, as I believe all playing contracts are null and void if a team is relegated from SL, is that still the case?

It would be absolutely gutting if not because Trinity’s academy has produces some excellent young players who are on the cusp of being ready to step up. 

i would like to think if we can remain full time for a good selection of the squad should we get relegated and the money is right we may be able to keep hold of some of them. Probably not all though. If we did go down I’d rather not rely on inflated salaries but rely on the youth currently at the club and invest in them with reasonable contracts to allow a full time emvironment. We would need to be stringent though no doubt.

hopefully it doesn’t come to that though. Still plenty of time to fight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rioman said:

I would think we could run a hybrid system of a mix of full and part time players. 

for example the starting 17 full time and a further 8-10 part time options.

There needs to be a salary model capable of sustaining the above without paying huge salaries. 

17 x 35k = 595k (less than half our current). 

I would imagine some promising young lads it would allow to remain full time and have a full time salary. I’m talking players like Kershaw, Croft, Murphy, Shaw, Bowes.

Sure there won’t be any superstars but it would be a full time team capable of challenging the top positions. 

it would be more damaging to go part time imo. Look at London, Bulls, Widnes.. once you go part time and start slipping the fans will start to disappear too. If we are regularly winning and in the top positions crowds will remain and potentially rise. 

It would have to be a balancing act for sure. I think it would be possible but if we were to go part time then In 2/3 years we will be a shell of a club. 

if we go down we must build a model to compete at the top in the league. 

I just hope we can make it as tight as possible due to the squad we have. You never know points difference may play a factor come the end. Kelipi missing 1 game and Jorge Taufua who makes up about 3 of our players is going to be a huge miss for the rest of the season. Let's hope we can show fight again and look towards the 2 home games v Cats and Wigan. 

I'm going Castleford 26-16 The Might Trin

I recognised Paul McShane today in Leeds and my partner and I spoke to him.

He was extremely polite and friendly. A real credit to the game and his club. He took the time to chat to us which we really appreciated. 

It was great to speak with him. We really appreciated his time.

Edited by Niels
  • Like 5

Jenna Brooks: "Willie, given the other fixture that is on tonight (TO v Hull) how much pressure is on Wakefield?"

Willie Poching (looking bemused): "What other game?"

He clicks then pretends he meant to say it as a bit of mind games 😂

Jake Mamo already a clear leader in the MOM race.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Jake Mamo already a clear leader in the MOM race.

I await the post-match interview.

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looks like a really promising, well fought game this.

Wouldn't have minded Trin scoring there.

• Like 1

Great try from Hood, obviously coming from a Jamie Shaul acting half pass at some point.

• Haha 1