Fri 29 Jul: Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/22 at 19:30

I'm I reading this score right lol Had to phone my Dad in North Yorkshire at the timing Matty Ashurst scored to see if I needed to go to specsavers. But no he says 18-0. Still don't think we have it in the bag yet, along 40 to go. Would of loved to been there the atmosphere sounds great, no bars that I know showing it where I am...gutted.

• Like 2

Just now, bobbruce said:

What’s the problem he’s just giving the judgement he would give if the VR wasn’t there. To over turn it the VR has to prove it wrong. 

Do you think the ref is sure in every try judgement he gives because he has to either T or X, it is given up to the VR because he had more angles to judge on, do why can't the ref give a not sure how judgement?

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

and AGES !!!

and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!!...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!! and AGES !!!...

It's ridiculous time it takes,are the touch judges there to make the numbers up?

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Trin said:

I'm I reading this score right lol Had to phone my Dad in North Yorkshire at the timing Matty Ashurst scored to see if I needed to go to specsavers. But no he says 18-0. Still don't think we have it in the bag yet, along 40 to go. Would of loved to been there the atmosphere sounds great, no bars that I know showing it where I am...gutted

Keep faith, far far the better team tonight.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do you think the ref is sure in every try judgement he gives because he has to either T or X, it is given up to the VR because he had more angles to judge on, do why can't the ref give a not sure how judgement?

No as he isn’t in lots of games but a decision has to be made. What if he gives a not sure judgement and he sends it up and the VR can’t see anything who makes the decision then

20 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It has. But it all seems to take a lot longer than it needs to.

Isn't that the whole purpose of the VR - to get to the correct decision? do we need a time limit on it if it isn't clear cut?

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

No as he isn’t in lots of games but a decision has to be made. What if he gives a not sure judgement and he sends it up and the VR can’t see anything who makes the decision then

We introduced calling try and no try on the field for exactly this reason. There’s no reason to change.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, daz39 said:

Isn't that the whole purpose of the VR - to get to the correct decision? do we need a time limit on it if it isn't clear cut?

I don’t think so but I think a couple of those in the first half were basically multiple rewatches that didn’t help the process

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

I don’t think so but I think a couple of those in the first half were basically multiple rewatches that didn’t help the process

Well i wasn't sure on either of them myself so i'm sure a trained match official will have had the same issue and he knows what he's looking at/for.

What a f***ing try that was!

Brilliant from Miller and Murphy.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Oh my word, Fifita unstoppable.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)