Thu 28 Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/07/22 at 19:30

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Nothing less than 8 tries for Bevan French will satisfy me tonight.

Before DS explodes, I am of course joking.

But, as with a Hull FC team ready to capitulate at the slightest hint of an onslaught, I think Rovers will really struggle to contain Wigan with so many missing.

Wigan 58 Hull KR 0.

(See what I did there...)

I think Coote may have backed French to score 8 tries, seeing how he has let him in for his first two.

Will Dagger goes off hurt. KR can't buy a break.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Ragingbull said:

Coote looks a shadow of the player he was at Saints

He's got a lot more on his shoulders here, with so many other influential players missing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice try from Ethan Ryan, considering the circumstances.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought they'd blown that chance about three times.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hat-trick for French.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mago shoves five tacklers away to score his first Wigan try.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hat-trick for Marshall!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now the points difference pushes HKR below HFC. And KR potentially lose another player in Cavanaugh.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rovers started the game with 14 players missing and finished with 19 missing after picking up another 5 injuries.

I really feel for young Charlie Cavanaugh on his debut getting a horrific injury a dislocated knee. The 'good' news for the player and Rovers is that the knee was put back into place. That's about as good as good news gets for Rovers right now.

Another teenage debutant Connor Moore had to leave the field soon after he arrived with a rib injury. Danny McGuire gave a measured and articulate after match interview.

The positives? We didn't concede 60. We were not nilled. Bevan French didn't score 7.

• Like 1

Is it really the job of the referee to tell players from one side to go and get a drink as they've got plenty of time?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow