D-Day England release new kit! (Needs it's very own thread)

2 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Finally found the ignore function. 

No need for people to  disagree with people just for the sake of it,  completely  disregarding the points people are makeing just to get a rise. I think they are called trolls? 

Dave T is now on my list.  🙌🏻

34 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Strange choice of troll my man, but each to their own.

I dunno, I always thought he was a wrong 'un.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Just the one will do. 

Tbf if this Saints kit (2019) was rebranded with England badges it would be absolutely ideal for me and I assume a lot of others. Clearly England, clearly Rugby League, even got room to add some blue trim or shorts if you want!

Nah, I just don't get it. I don't understand why red v = clearly England, yet blue v is a huge no-no. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just realised we’ve had as many england shirts as we have had games in the last year!

they should really have kept the shirt that was designed for this world cup really, I suspect that is the actual reason for changing it so drastically 

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a commercial deal to have a new kit every year, and obviously by now we should be on the 3rd series under Oxen (if I remember correctly). 

I don't think the 2021 kit was handled well, and tbh I'd give people a free replacement rather than 50% off. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Nah, I just don't get it. I don't understand why red v = clearly England, yet blue v is a huge no-no. 

White and Red is clearly England. V is Rugby League. 

Blue just feels awkward with everything that has gone before.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just realised we’ve had as many england shirts as we have had games in the last year!

they should really have kept the shirt that was designed for this world cup really, I suspect that is the actual reason for changing it so drastically 

Shocked. Absolutely shocked at that revelation...

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

I dont think a Vee of any kind is England RL personally, im not sure why were shoehorning one (well several on this kit ) in

I don't disagree with that, but then despite almost 30 years of George Cross shirts, people still don't seem to like them. 

I do welcome the move away from cheap-looking RU shirts. But I do accept it could have delivered better than they have. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I don't disagree with that, but then despite almost 30 years of George Cross shirts, people still don't seem to like them. 

I do welcome the move away from cheap-looking RU shirts. But I do accept it could have delivered better than they have. 

We’ve ended up with a cheap looking scotland/samoa away kit

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I suppose 1 more after this one would be just wishful thinking,it is Oxen though so all hope isn’t lost.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

We’ve ended up with a cheap looking scotland/samoa away kit

Like I say, I like the shirt, but I'd rather it had been launched before our warm up this year, with a proper launch etc. and the small stuff ironed out. 

I do like the shirt OK, but agree with the general view that it doesn't much look like an England shirt. I'm getting one anyway as:

1. England will be playing in it at the World Cup.

2. I get it half-price as I was tragic enough to buy the previous effort at full price.

Maybe I can run the old one up a flagpole outside my house. Or, if we really need an alternate shirt, maybe we could use the old one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Finally found the ignore function. 

No need for people to  disagree with people just for the sake of it,  completely  disregarding the points people are makeing just to get a rise. I think they are called trolls? 

Dave T is now on my list.  🙌🏻

No offence mate but if you're ignoring people for that level of disagreement it'll just be you and the RL news bot on this site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Positives:

1. The 'fun with flags' theme has hopefully come to an end

2. Its a 'V' / 'Chevron' - albeit not my favourite design. A Chevron is RL.

Negatives:

1. BLUE!!!!!!! I don't care whether Soccer use blue. We dont have strong brand identity as it is. White and Red is a must!

2. Looks like a Scotland away kit

Its mainly about the blue for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Just the one will do. 

Tbf if this Saints kit (2019) was rebranded with England badges it would be absolutely ideal for me and I assume a lot of others. Clearly England, clearly Rugby League, even got room to add some blue trim or shorts if you want!

Agree... nice shirt.

Although my hope would be England are not sponsored by 'Cash Converters' 

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

It could happen, but would likely be Oxen...

We were almost there by accident with ISC at one point. I'm still gutted.

Castore and Umbro would definitely be interesting. I would expect the ranges to be quite limited though, I saw Castore's output at Rangers a couple of years ago which paled in comparison to Adidas' range with Celtic that launched the same summer (even my mum agreed).

Hummel and ONeills appear to be the major suppliers of quality in Super League at the moment. Macron have also improved (incidentally since they left LUFC).

The RFL should be banging down the door at Castore. A Manchester based and proudly northern brand who are absolutely chucking the money around currently.

Though only about 7-8 years old they are growing very very quickly. And dipping their toe in numerous sports as they fight for recognition and exposure. RL in the UK is the natural next step for them having signed up teams in Motorsport, football, union, cricket and RL in Australia. Though I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they don’t, with RL in the uk such a small market (for individual clubs). A combined kit deal across SL and England (as an example) I think would however pique their interest.

As a brand they are not perfect, but now would be a good time for RL to get on board with them.

They have just released a stinker of a kit for Harlequins RU though.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

11 hours ago, gingerjon said:

England football usually have navy shorts and when they don't it's almost always all-white (as per the current Lionesses version).

This is the standard men's team set up right now:

England vs Hungary: Five things we learned as Three Lions held by Hungary  in World Cup qualifying | The Independent

There's nothing, in of itself, wrong with using blue. England RU and cricket do as well. But, if you do, the white has to be properly dominant and that's a key part of what's going wrong here.

I mean, that and the design and the badges and it looking cheap.

England football have been wearing Navy shorts since the FA standardised their kit (previously they wore a white shirt and their clubs’ shorts). Navy was one of the FA’s colours, and most clubs had white or black shorts so it made sense to be different. That’s a century of tradition, built upon an original reason. 

England’s rugby league kit on the other hand has just been switched to navy, because, er, well we don’t have a reason really other than they wanted to change it significantly enough to sell a few shirts, wanted a V template and were scared to use a red one. So chucked what meagre brand recognition and general sports fan understanding of what ‘England’ looks like in the bin. For a Scotland away kit. 

And out of the blue as well, if you pardon the pun. Clearly no thought to brand transition, creating a story behind it, building to it, integrating it with other messaging. Nothing. They even launched it with people waving red and white scarves! Classic amateur hour, back of a fag packet RFL execution as always. 

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
  • Like 4

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

TBF the blue chevron does make the badge really pop. If it was a GB red and blue chevron then half the badge would virtually disappear, with a red chevron then all you would see from a distance would be the four white squares of the St. George’s Cross and some squiggles. 

As has been pointed out England football does mix it up. Off the top of my head the Euro 96 home and aways didn’t feature any red detailing at all. The 2010 WC home and aways didn’t feature any blue detailing at all. 

I didn’t like the 2019 cricket World Cup shirt when it was released. It was a throwback to 92 World Cup when one manufacturer made them all and tried to make them all different. Sri Lanka had dark blue, India navy so England ended up in light blue. Then England won the World Cup and it became a classic … hopefully the same happens with this one! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a BIG change. It's going to take a bit of getting used to to see England playing in Blue.

Average enough looking jumper, design-wise. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. The worst part is the Betfred logo plastered across the middle. Ewwwww

7 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

No offence mate but its not really your concern who i block or who i dont

You're going to be a wonderful addition to the board!

Dave T couldn't be further from a troll of he tried.. Nice discussion with him to be honest, as always.. on this we didn't agree, and i dont think we disagreed that much, on many things we do. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

The RFL should be banging down the door at Castore. A Manchester based and proudly northern brand who are absolutely chucking the money around currently.

Though only about 7-8 years old they are growing very very quickly. And dipping their toe in numerous sports as they fight for recognition and exposure. RL in the UK is the natural next step for them having signed up teams in Motorsport, football, union, cricket and RL in Australia. Though I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they don’t, with RL in the uk such a small market (for individual clubs). A combined kit deal across SL and England (as an example) I think would however pique their interest.

As a brand they are not perfect, but now would be a good time for RL to get on board with them.

They have just released a stinker of a kit for Harlequins RU though.

I have had a few Castore produced Sydney Roosters items over the last 2 years,very good quality.

9 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

England football have been wearing Navy shorts since the FA standardised their kit (previously they wore a white shirt and their clubs’ shorts). Navy was one of the FA’s colours, and most clubs had white or black shorts so it made sense to be different. That’s a century of tradition, built upon an original reason. 

England’s rugby league kit on the other hand has just been switched to navy, because, er, well we don’t have a reason really other than they wanted to change it significantly enough to sell a few shirts, wanted a V template and were scared to use a red one. So chucked what meagre brand recognition and general sports fan understanding of what ‘England’ looks like in the bin. For a Scotland away kit. 

And out of the blue as well, if you pardon the pun. Clearly no thought to brand transition, creating a story behind it, building to it, integrating it with other messaging. Nothing. They even launched it with people waving red and white scarves! Classic amateur hour, back of a fag packet RFL execution as always. 

Interestingly, the FA also sell red and white scarves on their site. 

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Interestingly, the FA also sell red and white scarves on their site. 

How's their mug selection?

• Haha 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)