Teare

Onreport

12 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Haven just announced, signed to end of season

Obviously not the loyalty to the cause, or the stomach for the fight, Town gave him the chance of first team rugby, means nothing then.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bobg said:

Obviously not the loyalty to the cause, or the stomach for the fight, Town gave him the chance of first team rugby, means nothing then.

Its all about the money and nothing else these days, it isnt that long ago that Newton was kissing the Town Badge, but still ended up back at Haven.

HW

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobg said:

I actually liked him and thought he was a future star - but Looks like sort of person who if next year town get promoted [assuming, as we all think relegation is coming] and The Jammies  get relegated he would be trying to come back - with a bit of luck town will tell him to ~~~~ off

We know its work but that still includes loyalty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

Its all about the money and nothing else these days, it isnt that long ago that Newton was kissing the Town Badge, but still ended up back at Haven.

HW

Played for both clubs twice now hasn't he? 

All about the money like you say, laughable that some fans think loyalty still exists 

• Like 1

Are you lot foe real,the lad gave up on future rep honours for a fairly moderate contract,your club then wanted to renege on that contract & reduce it meaning with the lack of win money he’d be training & putting his body on the line for a pittance.

I can just see you all accepting that at your place of work & then refusing a better job offer.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Are you lot foe real,the lad gave up on future rep honours for a fairly moderate contract,your club then wanted to renege on that contract & reduce it meaning with the lack of win money he’d be training & putting his body on the line for a pittance.

I can just see you all accepting that at your place of work & then refusing a better job offer.

You are so boring. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, pgilmour said:

That's massive confidence in a player that's allegedly got loads of talent. I suppose there budget is tight also. 

Probably only signed till the end of the season to wait and see what happens and what league he'll be playing in. If there's any truth that Ritson is SL bound, I've heard Teare could be off down the coast to replace him.

It’s disappointing but none of us know the lads circumstances, he could have committed to buying a car or getting a mortgage using his Town contract money and couldn’t afford to take the pay cut, so we shouldn’t sit here and judge.

end of the day its disappointing, but it isn’t Teare’s fault, he signed for Town in good faith as a centre, played pretty much all season out of position on the wing seeing very little ball, and then gets asked to take a pay cut !

Young Walker I’m struggling to get my head around as he has refused the pay cut to go back to amateurs, that to me looks likes it’s more of a personality clash with the coach than for financial reasons, or he’s maybe missing out on a Saturday night out with his mates and doesn’t want the commitment of the pro game, as at the end of the day he’s only 19 years old !

my biggest worry is that this will make it harder to sign top talent as Teare will let his mates at Wath Brow, Egremont, Kells etc know about his Town experience and that could put players off signing for the club.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Young Walker I’m struggling to get my head around as he has refused the pay cut to go back to amateurs, that to me looks likes it’s more of a personality clash with the coach than for financial reasons, or he’s maybe missing out on a Saturday night out with his mates and doesn’t want the commitment of the pro game, as at the end of the day he’s only 19 years old !

By all accounts he was set to sign for Haven but Town didn't release him until it was too late? But it could be he's missing out on a sat night, I remember when he was disciplined for drinking before a game I put on saying I'd heard he was back off to Seaton, maybe this was just the final nail in the coffin? 

Edited by Neutralfan7

i think walker is also off to whitehaven - and was not released in time to sign 

not going to judge anyone we have no idea what commitments away from rugby people have , including financial 

like ive said before not been to many games dont want to stir up a hornets nest whilst its gutting for you that pay your season tickets and suport the club and expect loyalty if it were your son that was asking you advice on what to do as to take a pay cut could potentially mean loosing homes, cars etc we know in our heads what advice we would give 

if it was a pay but at work we all know the saying you go to work for the money and unfortunately right now the young uns want to live like premier league football stars and keep up with the jonses  

10 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

One of the players that will work over  both clubs over the years, it's happened loads of times and will happen again no bought and both clubs never learn . Town didn't get much for there outlay did they ?

According to my info Teare signed for Town for a £12k contract sum, this is not paid in one lump sum, but made as monthly payments through out the season. Therefore Town have not incurred the full £12K.

Haven have signed Teare on a match to match basis until the end of season.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I’m sure you’re right pal . I think as much as owt people are sore because we really rate him . But that’s rugby 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m sure you’re right pal . I think as much as owt people are sore because we really rate him . But that’s rugby 

I can fully understand that David but for certain posters to start banging on about a lack of loyalty & greed is ridiculous given we’d all make the exact same decision in our own workplace & we aren’t getting knocked about for 80 mins every week for what isn’t exactly a fortune in wages.

Edited by Davo5
  • Like 4

Nobody in the right mind would accept a 30% paycut (not sure where that figure is correct) and not look elsewhere for work. So why are rugby players different? End of the day if they were only playing rugby for the enjoyment, they'd all stay playing with their mates in the amateur game.

Walker has been named in just about every squad an not really played that much. Although id liked for him to stay for selfish reasons, I have no issue with him going back to the amateur game

• Like 1