Teare

Onreport

55 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

Teare can't play on Sunday, it is part of Towns release agreement.

Release ? Town broke the players contract therefore he a free agent no release needed is there ? 

The one thing that i find baffling about this season is , we haven`t signed any big name players , we have a mixture of seasoned players ,local amateur signings , and Newcastle cast offs ,where has the money been spent when we have had to cut the wage bill ? Are we yet again having to spend over the odds to get players to sign ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrlfc said:

Release ? Town broke the players contract therefore he a free agent no release needed is there ? 

RLFC require documentation to prove Town had released him from any contract.

Regarding the breaking of contracts the Town players were told of the reduction of their contract money 2 days prior to the Rlfc's transfer deadline date. Players that wanted to leave didn't have time to meet the deadline, and had no option but to accept the reduced terms.

Town B.o.D in my opinion made the correct decision, if the playing staff had found other clubs Town would not have enough players to fulfill their fixtures and that would have been a disaster, good decision by the B.o D.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

Regarding the breaking of contracts the Town players were told of the reduction of their contract money 2 days prior to the Rlfc's transfer deadline date. Players that wanted to leave didn't have time to meet the deadline, and had no option but to accept the reduced terms.

Town B.o.D in my opinion made the correct decision, if the playing staff had found other clubs Town would not have enough players to fulfill their fixtures and that would have been a disaster, good decision by the B.o D.

Even it if costs them the players next year? Given the financial situation town are in I'll be guessing there will be no travellers next year? The local players who are pi**ed off with the situation won't re-sign and the amateur players might look at the players who have left and not want to join so who is playing next year?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Neutralfan7 said:

Even it if costs them the players next year? Given the financial situation town are in I'll be guessing there will be no travellers next year? The local players who are pi**ed off with the situation won't re-sign and the amateur players might look at the players who have left and not want to join so who is playing next year?

To be fair they've not exactly set the world on fire.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Number8 said:

To be fair they've not exactly set the world on fire.

Better than some of the traveling ###### left,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Bob said:

And that won’t come back to bite the club now will it.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

And that won’t come back to bite the club now will it.

And how could they do what they had to and not upset anyone? They did what they did for the future of OUR club. Billy Bob is right in my eyes the timing was right and huge thank you to the players who are staying with us for the remainder of the season.

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

19 minutes ago, anok4u said:

And how could they do what they had to and not upset anyone? They did what they did for the future of OUR club. Billy Bob is right in my eyes the timing was right and huge thank you to the players who are staying with us for the remainder of the season.

And how do you expect to attract players of any quality next year or even keep the ones who were pretty much forced into accepting reduced money was my point.

Edited by Davo5

15 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

And how do you expect to attract players of any quality next year or even keep the ones who were pretty much forced into accepting reduced money was my point.

You are missing the point, the club is in between a rock and a hard place. If they paid the players money without a reduction the club may go to the wall, if they it made easy for players to leave, with the consequences of not being able to turn out enough numbers to field a full team, not fulfilling their match commitments, and resulting in the Rlfc kicking them out.

Putting the new stadium development in jeopardy. No doubt the RLFC are aware whats going on and monitoring the situation carefully. Davos the B.o D. in my opinion have no other option, if you want a future for the club, please put up & shut up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

They'll have to cross that bridge when it comes, now it's keeping the clubs heart beating how ever slow it garn.

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

21 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Are you lot foe real,the lad gave up on future rep honours for a fairly moderate contract,your club then wanted to renege on that contract & reduce it meaning with the lack of win money he’d be training & putting his body on the line for a pittance.

I can just see you all accepting that at your place of work & then refusing a better job offer.

I agree Davo5, Why the hell town fans blaming young Teare for. He certainly never wanted to leave our club, but when you offered a large pay cut he has the right to turn it down, some of our lads saying he has left for money, well good luck to him. Whitehaven has the chance to sign due to Town not fulfilling his contract or wages so let's not blame him for signing for another club. At least young Kieran walker has turned haven down and has gone back to Seaton and I heard that Barrow were looking at young Teare but he chose a club nearest home and good luck to lad. UTT🏉🏉🏉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Town5 said:

In a matter of a few month we have gone from the money is there and we are looking at overseas players. To there is no money left take a pay cut or leave 🤷‍♂️

My personal opinion, the board never thought we would go down but when London started winning it more or less sealed our fate, so with the cuts in central funding for next year that money which was there will be saved for next year, also cut costing from players to ensure we have a good pot of money to recruit and get out of the league next year. It’s unfortunate that the players have been asked but a lot of the travellers were getting paid way more than they should

• Like 2

12 hours ago, troutmaster said:

I agree Davo5, Why the hell town fans blaming young Teare for. He certainly never wanted to leave our club, but when you offered a large pay cut he has the right to turn it down, some of our lads saying he has left for money, well good luck to him. Whitehaven has the chance to sign due to Town not fulfilling his contract or wages so let's not blame him for signing for another club. At least young Kieran walker has turned haven down and has gone back to Seaton and I heard that Barrow were looking at young Teare but he chose a club nearest home and good luck to lad. UTT🏉🏉🏉

Any blame has to lie with those in charge, we havetried to do it on the cheap (yet again) and it has back fired big style

8 minutes ago, Town67 said:

My personal opinion, the board never thought we would go down but when London started winning it more or less sealed our fate, so with the cuts in central funding for next year that money which was there will be saved for next year, also cut costing from players to ensure we have a good pot of money to recruit and get out of the league next year. It’s unfortunate that the players have been asked but a lot of the travellers were getting paid way more than they should

I would love to think you were right pal, but I think its a bit more serious than just a case of cost cutting in readiness for next season

28 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I would love to think you were right pal, but I think its a bit more serious than just a case of cost cutting in readiness for next season

To be hoped it is more than cost cutting if there's a fundraising page set up?

15 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Well I think it's pretty simple really.  It's about going back to basics and rebuilding the club on and off the pitch that will probably see a largely local squad. "Players of quality" as you put it will hopefully follow after a rebuild and a move to a new stadium.  This season for BOTH west cumbrian clubs has shown that a  longer term plan is needed to even contemplating going near this league again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Town67 said:

My personal opinion, the board never thought we would go down but when London started winning it more or less sealed our fate, so with the cuts in central funding for next year that money which was there will be saved for next year, also cut costing from players to ensure we have a good pot of money to recruit and get out of the league next year. It’s unfortunate that the players have been asked but a lot of the travellers were getting paid way more than they 

We were never staying up with the squad we had but there was a good base to start again with the young local lads some have now moved on and will probably be followed by others. If they came out and said we are going to struggle but with the team we have we are looking to the future. I think most people would of understood rather than promise signings then sign player's that didn't improve us. Some of the lads we lost probably were as good and cheaper 

• Like 3