Help secure the future of our club.

Derwent Park SC

We are all very supportive of this envisative and will support it as best we can.

We must though ask thet the Chairman  explain to us life time supporters of our TOWN how we have got into this situation.

Many have requested a meeting, as the statements have been brief and given little information.

We have clearly made a mess of this season and there are many reasons outwith our control.

But while I think the just giving initiative if that helps is a good idea we don't know the financial problem we face.

I think that I am as a long standing fan from the 60,s and now 70 representative of many old timers and will did deep to help, but would want some recognition of this support. If the target of 10K is raised do the supporters get a seat on thr board, and thus a opportunity to keep us informed. A representative could be nominated and rotate between the SC that we have, if we need 20k or more tell us up front.

We will dig deep but need this to be set up properly with transparency.

• Like 2

Well done to players and staff who have donated the seasons fine kitty, over a grand it was, awesome 👍

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

I love my club and have always helped with donations when required, shares, seat naming and various other fund raising schemes. Its ike a carousel you can't get off, the #### just keeps coming round. Part of me wants to contribute but I know in a few years time we will be back to asking the same contributors to do the same again. I can't remember feeling this despondent about the club I've followed for 60yrs.😓

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I love my club and have always helped with donations when required, shares, seat naming and various other fund raising schemes. Its ike a carousel you can't get off, the #### just keeps coming round. Part of me wants to contribute but I know in a few years time we will be back to asking the same contributors to do the same again. I can't remember feeling this despondent about the club I've followed for 60yrs.😓

It is your choice of course, but the choice is your home town club or some on just giving or some bird that needs lip fillers,the choice as they say is yours utt

• Confused 2

Honestly been torn with this one as I'm very annoyed with how this has been handled by the BOD. Virtually all communication has stopped, no explanation how this has been mismanaged so badly or anything, just two statements saying we are up the creek and the players are taking a pay cut.

Reading other posts from people who should know  something it seems as though the few home matches for the second half of the season and the league position with reduced attendance is to blame. It is like this is a complete surprise to everyone! So nobody thought that after the fixtures came out to save something for the latter end of the season to pay the players? I also don't consider myself an expert by any means but it's no surprise that given our squad strength that we have been fighting relegation all season which to me means the floating supporters find something else to spend their money on. A losing team always drops to its core support.

I don't know where to point a finger at the lack of depth of the squad, has Chris underestimated the championship or has he always known it was woefully under strength but couldn't afford more? Either way it appears the BOD were confident we would stay up and budgeted as such, but then when London won a couple recently the penny dropped and the knee jerk started.

Am I wrong? Probably, in some parts, but without any knowledge I rely on info from work and add what I think is plausible. 

The Teare & Walker situation has really ###### me off, as the mantra has always been that we are taking the best of local talent as they are the future of our club. Before the season is out they are both off over the hills playing for other clubs. Absolutely ridiculous that this has happened. The Davies brothers and the French pair are just another two examples that I just can't get my head around. It looks to me the ordinary fan who just pays his money to watch his team as though there's no joined up thinking at all. We need props and get two hookers, we bring lads over from France and they don't play a game.

For all the above reasons in these times when money doesn't go as far, I've questioned whether any donation I make will be wisely spent. I absolutely appreciate every member of that BOD and anyone else that puts their hand up and volunteers for the club, but that doesn't mean that the people who make the decisions shouldn't front up and explain to every person that has donated their money what has gone wrong and why. They have my respect, but it's a two way street and I'd feel a lot better about doing it if a bit of contrition was shown and someone at least had the balls to hold their hand up and say "you know what, we got it wrong, and this is why. This is what we need to get through the season so we can regroup and go again next season."

As much as I am torn, I'm still a town fan. So I'll donate, and I'll keep coming down as I have for the last few decades, enjoying the days like the play off less than a year ago and enduring the torture of hardly seeing a try scored this year. But it's definitely a low point in all the years I watched them. UTT.

• Like 9

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Honestly been torn with this one as I'm very annoyed with how this has been handled by the BOD. Virtually all communication has stopped, no explanation how this has been mismanaged so badly or anything, just two statements saying we are up the creek and the players are taking a pay cut.

Reading other posts from people who should know  something it seems as though the few home matches for the second half of the season and the league position with reduced attendance is to blame. It is like this is a complete surprise to everyone! So nobody thought that after the fixtures came out to save something for the latter end of the season to pay the players? I also don't consider myself an expert by any means but it's no surprise that given our squad strength that we have been fighting relegation all season which to me means the floating supporters find something else to spend their money on. A losing team always drops to its core support.

I don't know where to point a finger at the lack of depth of the squad, has Chris underestimated the championship or has he always known it was woefully under strength but couldn't afford more? Either way it appears the BOD were confident we would stay up and budgeted as such, but then when London won a couple recently the penny dropped and the knee jerk started.

Am I wrong? Probably, in some parts, but without any knowledge I rely on info from work and add what I think is plausible. 

The Teare & Walker situation has really ###### me off, as the mantra has always been that we are taking the best of local talent as they are the future of our club. Before the season is out they are both off over the hills playing for other clubs. Absolutely ridiculous that this has happened. The Davies brothers and the French pair are just another two examples that I just can't get my head around. It looks to me the ordinary fan who just pays his money to watch his team as though there's no joined up thinking at all. We need props and get two hookers, we bring lads over from France and they don't play a game.

For all the above reasons in these times when money doesn't go as far, I've questioned whether any donation I make will be wisely spent. I absolutely appreciate every member of that BOD and anyone else that puts their hand up and volunteers for the club, but that doesn't mean that the people who make the decisions shouldn't front up and explain to every person that has donated their money what has gone wrong and why. They have my respect, but it's a two way street and I'd feel a lot better about doing it if a bit of contrition was shown and someone at least had the balls to hold their hand up and say "you know what, we got it wrong, and this is why. This is what we need to get through the season so we can regroup and go again next season."

As much as I am torn, I'm still a town fan. So I'll donate, and I'll keep coming down as I have for the last few decades, enjoying the days like the play off less than a year ago and enduring the torture of hardly seeing a try scored this year. But it's definitely a low point in all the years I watched them. UTT.

I think you speak for a lot of us mate, well said

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Onreport said:

I think you speak for a lot of us mate, well said

I've donated but the thing that narks is why didn't the board say earlier then the money made could have kept the team happy by not giving them a pay cut and we would still have a full team. The very slim chance of survival would still have been alive.

• Like 3

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

I give what I can in tickets and merchandise etc , but it’s not obviously the best time for people right now , and I often feel ( right or wrong ) that us fans are just seen as cash cows . Give us yer money , come down and give us yer money . It’s a two way street but often with us it isn’t , it’s like a secret society . I find that irritating . And the other thing honestly , things like just giving pages are embarrassing situation for a club to get into . How did we end up here and how do we get out . People give hard earned cash they should have full transparency on where it’s going and what the plan is . I’m pretty ###### off tbh with everything this year and I think with justification 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, anok4u said:

I've donated but the thing that narks is why didn't the board say earlier then the money made could have kept the team happy by not giving them a pay cut and we would still have a full team. The very slim chance of survival would still have been alive.

I don't think this is even coming from the board,  it's the supporters club.

1 hour ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Fully agreed by most of us David.

Hence my first post to the Chairman when this was launched  and no response to date.

I have however donated rather than wait but would still hope for the courtesy of some explanation.

For the first time ever I realised yesterday that I didn’t know who our chairman is, such is how anonymous he is. I had to Google it to find out. Could anyone on here pick him out of a line up ? 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

55 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I don't think this is even coming from the board,  it's the supporters club.

Yeah I know but the board left it late to tell anyone the funds were low.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Derwent said:

For the first time ever I realised yesterday that I didn’t know who our chairman is, such is how anonymous he is. I had to Google it to find out. Could anyone on here pick him out of a line up ? 

It's not long ago that the shareholders had a meeting in how the club should move forward after previous directors had left the club. It's upto them to call a urgent meeting with everyone for the love of the club . The chairman is a figure head really John Pleasance has not got any experience with Rugby league apart from watching games. We need the likes of Dobie to put some money in or get out the club can't rely on hard work from volunteer Directors who haven't got pots of gold . 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Doubt it very much, we have gone from chair on social media almost daily to very limited comms in 1 season.

I will be donating as always do but have to be honest, i question how this magical figure of 10k was derived. Is that all that is needed? Will bod be matching contributions raised?  Some of the many questions that really need answers.

Also notice 40/20 camera man on twitter crticising the people on here who dare to question the club when they know nothing about the situation , perhaps some decent communication would help us all understand and maybe even persuade people to help out!

Edited by Onreport
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Also notice 40/20 camera man on twitter crticising the people on here who dare to question the club when they know nothing about the situation , perhaps some decent communication would help us all understand and maybe even persuade people to help out!

Really ? He’s got a cheek then if that’s the case . This is the mentality that says ask Chris anything … but oh no criticism and ‘ no trolls ‘ . What the hell does that mean .That was just offensive to fans , the same fans you really need . You should never be aiming fire at your fans 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

Just now, DavidM said:

Really ? He’s got a cheek then if that’s the case . This is the mentality that says ask Chris anything … but oh no criticism and ‘ no trolls ‘ . What the hell does that mean .That was just offensive to fans , the same fans you really need 

You were photoshot David and published saying who needs away supporters, think it was on twitter.

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Really ? He’s got a cheek then if that’s the case . This is the mentality that says ask Chris anything … but oh no criticism and ‘ no trolls ‘ . What the hell does that mean .That was just offensive to fans , the same fans you really need . You should never be aiming fire at your fans 

Maybe an insight into the engrained culture within the hierarchy Davidm,  and we wonder why it has gone so wrong!

3 minutes ago, anok4u said:

You were photoshot David and published saying who needs away supporters, think it was on twitter.

True , who needs away fans when you’ve got ones who been going all their life eh and care enough to be bothered? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

True , who needs away fans when you’ve got ones who been going all their life eh and care enough to be bothered? 

Just pay your coin and keep shh