Help secure the future of our club.

Derwent Park SC

44 minutes ago, Derwent said:

For the first time ever I realised yesterday that I didn’t know who our chairman is, such is how anonymous he is. I had to Google it to find out. Could anyone on here pick him out of a line up ? 

I could, John is a very nice man who is at every match , I am sure if you make yourself known to John he would happily discuss any issues, he is also one of the people pushing for the new stadium and was at the last open forum at the Carnegie .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I could, John is a very nice man who is at every match , I am sure if you make yourself known to John he would happily discuss any issues, he is also one of the people pushing for the new stadium and was at the last open forum at the Carnegie .

Well that’s good and I’m not knocking him, just making the point that surely times like these is when the chairman should be all over the media appealing for support etc

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

43 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Good to know our chairman is at every game!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Derwent said:

For the first time ever I realised yesterday that I didn’t know who our chairman is, such is how anonymous he is. I had to Google it to find out. Could anyone on here pick him out of a line up ? 

I think that's a reflection on how often you are at Derwent Park Mark rather than the chairman being anonymous.

50 minutes ago, Alineden said:

I think that's a reflection on how often you are at Derwent Park Mark rather than the chairman being anonymous.

I didn’t mean he was anonymous at DP, more in the press. I remember the last time we were in this position and Mark Fryer was everywhere asking for help. 

This time, apart from a couple of short negative statements, what are the club doing ? I mean they might be working hard behind the scenes but in situations like this communication is everything to get people to buy in.

This Justgiving appeal is great but it’s been started by a supporter with no comment at all by the club. I mean the target is £10k, great stuff, but is that figure what the club needs or is it just an arbitrary figure that the supporter decided on ? Is it enough to solve the issue or is it a sticking plaster ? Without honest info from the club nobody knows. I don’t think those are unreasonable questions.

There seems to be little being done officially or publicly to get people on board to help out. It shouldn’t be left to fans to ask what they can do - the club should be being proactive about it, emphasising the community benefits of the club with all the good work it does in schools and with local charities etc, generally trying to generate some positivity and togetherness. 

• Like 3

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 30/07/2022 at 07:50, The Voodooguru said:

Honestly been torn with this one as I'm very annoyed with how this has been handled by the BOD. Virtually all communication has stopped, no explanation how this has been mismanaged so badly or anything, just two statements saying we are up the creek and the players are taking a pay cut.

Reading other posts from people who should know  something it seems as though the few home matches for the second half of the season and the league position with reduced attendance is to blame. It is like this is a complete surprise to everyone! So nobody thought that after the fixtures came out to save something for the latter end of the season to pay the players? I also don't consider myself an expert by any means but it's no surprise that given our squad strength that we have been fighting relegation all season which to me means the floating supporters find something else to spend their money on. A losing team always drops to its core support.

I don't know where to point a finger at the lack of depth of the squad, has Chris underestimated the championship or has he always known it was woefully under strength but couldn't afford more? Either way it appears the BOD were confident we would stay up and budgeted as such, but then when London won a couple recently the penny dropped and the knee jerk started.

Am I wrong? Probably, in some parts, but without any knowledge I rely on info from work and add what I think is plausible. 

The Teare & Walker situation has really ###### me off, as the mantra has always been that we are taking the best of local talent as they are the future of our club. Before the season is out they are both off over the hills playing for other clubs. Absolutely ridiculous that this has happened. The Davies brothers and the French pair are just another two examples that I just can't get my head around. It looks to me the ordinary fan who just pays his money to watch his team as though there's no joined up thinking at all. We need props and get two hookers, we bring lads over from France and they don't play a game.

For all the above reasons in these times when money doesn't go as far, I've questioned whether any donation I make will be wisely spent. I absolutely appreciate every member of that BOD and anyone else that puts their hand up and volunteers for the club, but that doesn't mean that the people who make the decisions shouldn't front up and explain to every person that has donated their money what has gone wrong and why. They have my respect, but it's a two way street and I'd feel a lot better about doing it if a bit of contrition was shown and someone at least had the balls to hold their hand up and say "you know what, we got it wrong, and this is why. This is what we need to get through the season so we can regroup and go again next season."

As much as I am torn, I'm still a town fan. So I'll donate, and I'll keep coming down as I have for the last few decades, enjoying the days like the play off less than a year ago and enduring the torture of hardly seeing a try scored this year. But it's definitely a low point in all the years I watched them. UTT.

Bravo mate. You speak for most of us.

• Like 1

On 30/07/2022 at 06:50, The Voodooguru said:

Honestly been torn with this one as I'm very annoyed with how this has been handled by the BOD. Virtually all communication has stopped, no explanation how this has been mismanaged so badly or anything, just two statements saying we are up the creek and the players are taking a pay cut.

Reading other posts from people who should know  something it seems as though the few home matches for the second half of the season and the league position with reduced attendance is to blame. It is like this is a complete surprise to everyone! So nobody thought that after the fixtures came out to save something for the latter end of the season to pay the players? I also don't consider myself an expert by any means but it's no surprise that given our squad strength that we have been fighting relegation all season which to me means the floating supporters find something else to spend their money on. A losing team always drops to its core support.

I don't know where to point a finger at the lack of depth of the squad, has Chris underestimated the championship or has he always known it was woefully under strength but couldn't afford more? Either way it appears the BOD were confident we would stay up and budgeted as such, but then when London won a couple recently the penny dropped and the knee jerk started.

Am I wrong? Probably, in some parts, but without any knowledge I rely on info from work and add what I think is plausible. 

The Teare & Walker situation has really ###### me off, as the mantra has always been that we are taking the best of local talent as they are the future of our club. Before the season is out they are both off over the hills playing for other clubs. Absolutely ridiculous that this has happened. The Davies brothers and the French pair are just another two examples that I just can't get my head around. It looks to me the ordinary fan who just pays his money to watch his team as though there's no joined up thinking at all. We need props and get two hookers, we bring lads over from France and they don't play a game.

For all the above reasons in these times when money doesn't go as far, I've questioned whether any donation I make will be wisely spent. I absolutely appreciate every member of that BOD and anyone else that puts their hand up and volunteers for the club, but that doesn't mean that the people who make the decisions shouldn't front up and explain to every person that has donated their money what has gone wrong and why. They have my respect, but it's a two way street and I'd feel a lot better about doing it if a bit of contrition was shown and someone at least had the balls to hold their hand up and say "you know what, we got it wrong, and this is why. This is what we need to get through the season so we can regroup and go again next season."

As much as I am torn, I'm still a town fan. So I'll donate, and I'll keep coming down as I have for the last few decades, enjoying the days like the play off less than a year ago and enduring the torture of hardly seeing a try scored this year. But it's definitely a low point in all the years I watched them. UTT.

Well said marra. The notifications we have had  have been long winded affairs. I had to read them two or three times to try and make sence of what was being said. They were like political jargon. 

UTT 

Edited by Andrew Newton
  • Like 2

On 30/07/2022 at 08:51, anok4u said:

I've donated but the thing that narks is why didn't the board say earlier then the money made could have kept the team happy by not giving them a pay cut and we would still have a full team. The very slim chance of survival would still have been alive.

Yep agree with that. But too late now.

Just a note to those running this just giving appeal. I see about 170 fans have so far donated, including a fair amount from other clubs, so do you need to appeal via more local media, i.e. maybe local press? Just a thought guys, I'm sure more than 170 are concerned re Town's future.

27 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Nice to see the pot filling up towards the target 👏 I may of missed it but has 10k been stated by the club that that's what is needed? 

No response from the club, it was set up by Derwnt Park supporters club.

We have asked for clarification and still await one.

Good to see help from other clubs and even 2 quid from Wath Brow.

30 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Thanks for that mate, hopefully if the club confirm what's needed soon then more donations may follow

• Like 1

On 30/07/2022 at 13:23, Onreport said:

Good to know our chairman is at every game!

He certainly is marra, I sit about 5 yards from him.I have asked him questions and received  proper answers with no ######. 🏉🏉🏉

• Like 2

On 01/08/2022 at 15:44, Peter Winthorpe said:

Which was a ###### take. 

Do people really care about the club? Only 184 of us have donated

I don't know if anyone from the club reads this forum,  but why are we being kept in the dark, the couple of statements have told us very little.The diehards like myself will keep supporting/giving but while there is nothing concrete from the club the floating/ occasional fans will not, the rumours will intensify (aleady started) and things won't get better.Come on we've 2 weeks till dewsbury at home let's get everything we can out there so people know. A fans forum? UTT 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

Which was a ###### take. 

Do people really care about the club? Only 184 of us have donated

I appreciated that Mr B but we will accept any cash whatever the motive.

Some of these donations were from groups of people so the 184 is misleading. There are also several from other clubs.

The club have not asked for any cash directly from us and this was started by DPSC.

The club seem to be pushing for a bumper crowd for the Dewsbury match which is discounted, and the other things they are running. They will also hope for a big turnout from the Haven game.

We are in the dark and can only hope they are fully in control.

• Like 2

We are in the dark sums up why only that number of fans have donated. 

As other people have already said. The days of the one way street attitude to fans should be over after this disastrous season .

Let's face it,as far as I know from this website,  the Board have not even responded to the Supporters Club,who are organising the fundraising after all, request for information.

In the longer term, the Supporters Trust model for running the club must  be kept on the agenda. It would be much better than the set up  we have now.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2022 at 16:16, Neutralfan7 said:

Thanks for that mate, hopefully if the club confirm what's needed soon then more donations may follow

The biggest problem this season has been the  lack of transparency between the club and the supporters, and the way the supporters have been lied to about recruitment and how the club had the finances to recruit suitable  players when they became available,  now is the time to come clean and let the supporters help  build for the future, but this will take transparency between everyone.

Very negative comment, forced by a total blank from our club, I am afraid to say.

To say they were lying is out of order, as there maybe money available for new players rather than day to day costs,

Indeed the 1945 club was set up for the manager to source new players.

Let's not tear into each other because of lack of transparency.UTT 

18 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Very negative comment, forced by a total blank from our club, I am afraid to say.

To say they were lying is out of order, as there maybe money available for new players rather than day to day costs,

Indeed the 1945 club was set up for the manager to source new players.

Let's not tear into each other because of lack of transparency.UTT 

Sorry but I don't think it is out of order, from one week saying we have the cash to bring in players, then we are skint, come on. The way people have ralighed around and raised the cash for the club to survive is fantastic, but we have to have more transparency on what's is actually going on.

Edited by JMB
  • Like 7

On 03/08/2022 at 12:01, REX said:

We are in the dark sums up why only that number of fans have donated. 

As other people have already said. The days of the one way street attitude to fans should be over after this disastrous season .

Let's face it,as far as I know from this website,  the Board have not even responded to the Supporters Club,who are organising the fundraising after all, request for information.

In the longer term, the Supporters Trust model for running the club must  be kept on the agenda. It would be much better than the set up  we have now.

The just giving fun seems to have stalled at £8572.

Thr last donation being from a Fev fan. They must really be looking forward to playing us a theirs.

Don't know what can be done to get us up to the target but would suggest something from a director might help

On 10/08/2022 at 17:52, Peter Winthorpe said:

The just giving fun seems to have stalled at £8572.

Thr last donation being from a Fev fan. They must really be looking forward to playing us a theirs.

Don't know what can be done to get us up to the target but would suggest something from a director might help