Help secure the future of our club.

Derwent Park SC

5 hours ago, Town Army said:

For next year? 

Defo for next year and looking into how the club can be run better. It obvious these been mistakes made by the past board and the present board hopefully they will get people with a lall bit of money to back the great club. Volunteers down there are absolutely brilliant but u can't run the club on them alone . 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, pgilmour said:

Volunteers down there are absolutely brilliant but u can't run the club on them alone . 

That's true Peter.......I can't envisage the Coach and/or players being asked to accept 100% voluntary roles, ha, ha.

But big applause for those who do give so much of their time primarily for the love of Workington Town.

Just off the top of my shiny bonce I think these folk include the kit man, player performance staff, assistant to the physio and coach, ground maintenance crew (one  ground maint. guy is paid for his valiant input), probably others I've missed - sorry....But all of those involved voluntary are doing the business with so little cost to the club - well done all UTT....

• Like 2

Just been reading that Workington reds ladies football team will be playing home games at derwent park this season, good link up for town and getting some use out of the stadium rather than it standing idle, maybe also help the club to attract a womens rugby team as I think part of any central funding will be closely linked to community development 

• Like 2

We have been lacking on social media we need someone to post more photos & interesting things about the club, staff, volunteers, players etc to engage with fans, attract new ones and keep them keen, enthusiastic & hungry. It’s quick to do although it can sometimes be time consuming it doesn’t really cost anything just needs some good ideas to grab attention of RL lovers & keep them wanting more. Do we have a volunteer who could input on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter more often? Or would it be worth paying someone to do it? Don’t know who does it now but it’s woeful, like the 2 match commentators I complain about, we need to liven everything up, get a bit of a buzz going. The website has hardly anything on it. It’s great to see all the posts about all the social events happening at DP & all the fund raising we should keep that up but we are essentially a Rugby League club it should be more about the rugby online IMO. I get Twitter notifications which is always full of other clubs posting but hardly anything from us. Got to move with the times social media is the way of the world and we are very lacking & missing out a massive catchment area. When the going gets tough the tough get going. UTT.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Twinkle said:

We have been lacking on social media we need someone to post more photos & interesting things about the club, staff, volunteers, players etc to engage with fans, attract new ones and keep them keen, enthusiastic & hungry.

Go on then  - ask the club if they'll let you take that role on............

• Haha 1

On 24/08/2022 at 16:27, Route66 said:

Just been reading that Workington reds ladies football team will be playing home games at derwent park this season, good link up for town and getting some use out of the stadium rather than it standing idle, maybe also help the club to attract a womens rugby team as I think part of any central funding will be closely linked to community development 

Will the 'reds' men be next at DP to assist with the new stadium plans??

13 hours ago, chromedome said:

Will the 'reds' men be next at DP to assist with the new stadium plans??

All seems very quiet on the stadium front,I know the board have referred to it in their statement but any firm plans seem a long way off. The main forum has a thread though saying the football foundation are making money available for multi sport venues 

51 minutes ago, Route66 said:

All seems very quiet on the stadium front,I know the board have referred to it in their statement but any firm plans seem a long way off. The main forum has a thread though saying the football foundation are making money available for multi sport venues 

yeah I'm sure I read 90m of premier league money will be made available for sports venues.

44 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

£9535 raised to date and amazing continued support from supporters of other clubs.

And we had thanked Fev fans for their support which was great.

Announced it at game yesterday.

14 hours ago, tbgfc said:

Will there even  be a Workington Town next year because the statements from the club really don't fill me with confidence !!!

I don't think the  statements give many supporters any confidence, but can only Waite and see.

• Like 1

Well only 791 turned up at Rec for last game. That's less than Town gate Board was complaining about. Yet they are not in financial mess we are. What the hell was going on end of last beginning of this season!?

Just hope our neighbours prove to be fellow marras and do come in their hundreds to help us survive.

18 minutes ago, REX said:

Well only 791 turned up at Rec for last game. That's less than Town gate Board was complaining about. Yet they are not in financial mess we are. What the hell was going on end of last beginning of this season!?

Just hope our neighbours prove to be fellow marras and do come in their hundreds to help us survive.

Went from having 50/60 grand to spend on players to not a pot to piddle in??

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

35 minutes ago, REX said:

They’re apparently 100000 over budget by all accounts. One of the directors bailing them out or they’d be in exactly the financial mess we are in. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, REX said:

Been getting 1100+ last 2 games bar Sunday london I’d say brought 5 fans 

8 minutes ago, Haven Rugby League said:

For some reason we always get an extra couple of hundred for Town & Barrow games away then they go missing 🤷

Fans are fickle come for the big games that’s it both clubs have them

2 hours ago, Townie987 said:

They’re apparently 100000 over budget by all accounts. One of the directors bailing them out or they’d be in exactly the financial mess we are in. 

Don't think that's correct about directors bailing them out, think only one business man left on the b o d, Mr eilbeck left, the rest are just supporters, but the difference between the clubs will be the crowd attendances 

11 minutes ago, JMB said:

Don't think that's correct about directors bailing them out, think only one business man left on the b o d, Mr eilbeck left, the rest are just supporters, but the difference between the clubs will be the crowd attendances 

Rugby League RKC - Team by Season (rugbyleaguerecords.com)

Rugby League RKC - Team by Season (rugbyleaguerecords.com)

Do these figures add up to a £100k difference ?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

4 overseas players compared to none could easily account for most of that given the minimum that overseas players have to be paid is about £22k each.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally