Help secure the future of our club.

Derwent Park SC

3 hours ago, Marrafan said:

And Curtis Davies would have made a big difference to you but the Messiah didn’t rate him. 

The fans didn't rate him either, for what it was costing us  he was  no better than we had. Always give 100% though, pleased he's doing well for you.....honestly .

3 hours ago, Marrafan said:

And Curtis Davies would have made a big difference to you but the Messiah didn’t rate him. 

Davies has been a breath of fresh air can’t understand why u let him go does 80 mins games every week 

1 hour ago, Town blue white said:

So is a local prem goalkeeper backing Haven? Or not true? 

That crack came out start of last season.  Lad I wrk with lives near his family asked them and they said it's not true . But of course it could be true and they're keeping it quiet he's on 100k a week 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

Davies has been a breath of fresh air can’t understand why u let him go does 80 mins games every week 

Hardly played for us because we had 7 hookers already, so we never saw if he was any good. If you were a club needing a hooker i'm sure he'd be decent. We were looking for some size in the pack and ended up with him and his brother who were both small, both signings were non-sensical. The only good signing we made was Curtis Teare ahem.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Hardly played for us because we had 7 hookers already, so we never saw if he was any good. If you were a club needing a hooker i'm sure he'd be decent. We were looking for some size in the pack and ended up with him and his brother who were both small, both signings were non-sensical. The only good signing we made was Curtis Teare ahem.

Yeah some very strange singings by thorman 

Curtis Davies is the first player I hope Haven retain, good distribution, Organisation Brilliant and defence second to None. In Henson you have unreal talent at 9 but he needs to play there and get the niggling injury’s out of his game. As stated all you need is a few experienced forwards. Tomposh, Scholey, Hutchins & O,Brian is a good start backed up with Barnes if he stays and some others. The Newcastle lads will probably go home but there’s some local lads who could do a lot better for less money. 

21 hours ago, Churchill Drivers said:

Not sure on the financial position of each club at this point in time but it has been stated previously that Town had a budget of £220k for the season whilst haven had a budget of £156k.  I believe this was supposed to cover players and coaches thus Town may have spent more on the coaching side with a full time coach.

Let's not forget Jamie is full time whilst doing the community programme for the club, unless the club have been able to get grants to cover the roll in Allerdale, also what has the Rfl done with the money that was allocated for covering Marnie's job, a post that has never been replaced. 

Edited by JMB

2 hours ago, Haven Rugby League said:

Curtis Davies is the first player I hope Haven retain, good distribution, Organisation Brilliant and defence second to None. In Henson you have unreal talent at 9 but he needs to play there and get the niggling injury’s out of his game. As stated all you need is a few experienced forwards. Tomposh, Scholey, Hutchins & O,Brian is a good start backed up with Barnes if he stays and some others. The Newcastle lads will probably go home but there’s some local lads who could do a lot better for less money. 

I'd be surprised if Barnes isn't attracting interest, big handful everytime I've seen him play

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

The fans didn't rate him either, for what it was costing us  he was  no better than we had. Always give 100% though, pleased he's doing well for you.....honestly .

"Eunuch" my Bezzie, with you being well connected, perhaps you can confirm the following. My reliable contacts inform me that Thunder are going back to part time players next season, Thunder BoD are disappointed with this seasons performance and the resulting costs.

Consequently in order to reduce cost Bett's will be leaving Thunder and Thorman will be appointed for next season.

Have you heard anything on the grapevine ?

38 minutes ago, town4me said:

Must be nothing to talk about on the Haven forum.

Here we go again! Think you got told it’s a forum for everyone to have a crack on last time you started being a smart ###### nice to see you again though marra don’t forget it is derby week

Edited by Havenfan13
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

"Eunuch" my Bezzie, with you being well connected, perhaps you can confirm the following. My reliable contacts inform me that Thunder are going back to part time players next season, Thunder BoD are disappointed with this seasons performance and the resulting costs.

Consequently in order to reduce cost Bett's will be leaving Thunder and Thorman will be appointed for next season.

Thunder going part time and Betts leaving were both officially announced a fortnight ago so your reliable contacts aren’t exactly in the know.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

56 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Think you got told it’s a forum for everyone to have a crack on last time you started being a smart ###### nice to see you again though marra don’t forget it is derby week

I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else. Yes you can come on here and quite a few of you have. Out of curiosity can you tell me how many Town fans are on the Haven forum during derby week

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, town4me said:

I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else. Yes you can come on here and quite a few of you have. Out of curiosity can you tell me how many Town fans are on the Haven forum during derby week

I’m defo not. No idea how many but does it matter or just to you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

Thunder and Thorman will be appointed for next season.

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

Thunder going part time and Betts leaving were both officially announced a fortnight ago so your reliable contacts aren’t exactly in the know.

Its common knowledge about the change to part time and Betts leaving. I think Bob was asking if anyone has heard anything about the latter part of his post. 

23 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

So what's your interest in this ,Choccy my old mucker. 🤔

23 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

If 'well connected' means being a season ticket holder and supporter for 60yrs, then that must be me I suppose.🙄

• Like 1

22 hours ago, town4me said:

Probably none as I have tried many times over the last couple of years to join but never get accepted.

Not sure what they are worried about letting people join but I find the vast majority of people on our Forum have good valid points and plenty of healthy banter and it is very easy to spot the Trolls and they are easily silenced by not engaging with them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Town Army said:

The Haven forum is a bit pointless. 

A lot of posts that don't fit the agenda get removed and it seems pretty quiet most of the time on there anyway. 

No doubt come 16:30 on Sunday they'll all be back on. 🥴

I've no problem with the few genuine haven fans coming on here and having a bit of a crack and a bit of a banter, the majority of them seem like decent blokes you would have a pint with. What annoys me is the ones that come on and claim to be Town fans or neutral, its a bit sad really.  I don't know any Town fan that goes on the haven forum, I'd rather have my head boiled than go on there to troll them. I don't think there were many of them on here the first few months of the 2020 season, but hey ho  that's just the way it is. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I've no problem with the few genuine haven fans coming on here and having a bit of a crack and a bit of a banter, the majority of them seem like decent blokes you would have a pint with. What annoys me is the ones that come on and claim to be Town fans or neutral, its a bit sad really.  I don't know any Town fan that goes on the haven forum, I'd rather have my head boiled than go on there to troll them. I don't think there were many of them on here the first few months of the 2020 season, but hey ho  that's just the way it is. 

Its just so weird isnt it, an actual adult decided to come on a town forum pretending to be a town fan, got sussed pretty much immediately yet kept pretending for ages. Takes a special kind of moron to waste his own time doing that kind of thing.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...