Kriistian Woolf

I can see Walmsley and Makemson going with him.... Great signings for a new club with a load of cash.

To be honest he should just offer Roby a load of cash to do a retirement year for the Dolphins - perfect player to guide a new team round the park - even at his age - you heard it here first...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I can see Walmsley and Makemson going with him.... Great signings for a new club with a load of cash.

To be honest he should just offer Roby a load of cash to do a retirement year for the Dolphins - perfect player to guide a new team round the park - even at his age - you heard it here first...

Just like all those Saints lads joined Holbrook and Gold Coast?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Been on the cards for some time, now, so no real surprise. Potentially losing the head coach and captain and leader in one off season is a worry. 

Roby is going round again I believe all be it with a much reduced game time. 

31 minutes ago, Damien said:

With the Dolphins struggling to recruit you'd think they'd get very good value for money signing a few SL players to bolster the squad.

Have tried for several months to persuade Sam Burgess to come as assistant coach to Bennett but SB has decided to turn them down in favour of a position at Souths.

12 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I can see Walmsley and Makemson going with him....

Based on what ?? as it can't be based on the fact that both players have turned down NRL offers previously and both have said they don't want to go to the NRL !!!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

1 hour ago, Damien said:

With the Dolphins struggling to recruit you'd think they'd get very good value for money signing a few SL players to bolster the squad.

If they were smart they would've gone hard at the likes of Knowles, Newman, Olesdski etc before they re-signed, younger talented players who could immediately play in the NRL but yet to come into their prime. You could go for established stars like Makinson/Walmsley but if they wanted to go to the NRL they already would've done so.

For any NRL expansion team to be successful immediately they would definitely need to make a couple of good signings from SL IMO. The lack of credence Bennett displayed toward SL players during his GB/England tenure is going to hurt the Dolphins here I think.

A bit of Super League knowledge will go a decent way, going after young lads now will likely pay off in a two-three years time and any that don’t will have been signed on relatively cheap money (by NRL standard) and won’t be seen as disastrous as if they’d signed top players and it didn’t works. 

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

Just like all those Saints lads joined Holbrook and Gold Coast?

I do see this as different given how badly the Dolphins are scratching around for a squad.  I suspect there will be several SL players in that squad next year (not necessarily Saints players).

• Like 1

Well I suppose Saints will now go into free-fall (just like HKR did when Tony Smith made his announcement), so stand by for new names on the trophies at season's end.

They've wobbled a few times this season already. This will see them go into a tail-spin, I'll bet. 

11 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

NRL360 reported this as done on Monday. I don’t see any inter web news confirming though.

4yrs. 2 as assistant and 2 as HC IIRC.

If that is all we have, then Woolf denied that report here; https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/kristian-woolf-denies-future-reports-24543760

and on the same day as the NRL360 report there was this; https://www.zerotackle.com/dolphins-set-to-miss-another-key-signature-120501/

14 minutes ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

If that is all we have, then Woolf denied that report here; https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/kristian-woolf-denies-future-reports-24543760

and on the same day as the NRL360 report there was this; https://www.zerotackle.com/dolphins-set-to-miss-another-key-signature-120501/

Fake news?