Kriistian Woolf

2 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Well I suppose Saints will now go into free-fall (just like HKR did when Tony Smith made his announcement), so stand by for new names on the trophies at season's end.

They've wobbled a few times this season already. This will see them go into a tail-spin, I'll bet. 

Hmm just like they did when Holbrook announced he was going back to Aus with the Titans - Oh hang on, 2019 SL Champions - St.Helens 😁

• Haha 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

6 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Based on what ?? as it can't be based on the fact that both players have turned down NRL offers previously and both have said they don't want to go to the NRL !!!

I'm sure they won't go but if he rates them he will be able to talk them round and as he will know how much they earn he would know what to offer them. When your a RL player and you hit 30 if someone doubles your wage you arnt going to say no as you only have about 3 years left at the top.

Hope I'm wrong though.

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Who’s gonna be next after Holbrook and Woolf I wonder . That’s obviously a plum gig 

I think they may consider Paul Wellens. He has been on the staff at Saints and England for a few years now.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Who’s gonna be next after Holbrook and Woolf I wonder . That’s obviously a plum gig 

Fairly sure it'll be Wellens. Plenty of Saints fans will turn their nose up given the experience with Cunningham but their experience in coaching and general attitude are completely different. Wello has worked under Holbrook and Woolf during a period of success, plus supporting the England team. Cunningham had none of that - and completely the wrong attitude to boot.

Given the stability in the squad there probably wouldn't be a better time for a rookie to take the reigns at a top club. Buys a bit of time before bigger changes in personel over the next couple of years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

If that is all we have, then Woolf denied that report here; https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/kristian-woolf-denies-future-reports-24543760

and on the same day as the NRL360 report there was this; https://www.zerotackle.com/dolphins-set-to-miss-another-key-signature-120501/

I reckon it was a leak and both Wolf and Saints don’t want news of a departure to derail the season.

I’m expecting him at Redcliffe next year.

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

I reckon it was a leak and both Wolf and Saints don’t want news of a departure to derail the season.

I’m expecting him at Redcliffe next year.

Wait the leak he has signed for Dolphins or that he hasn’t signed for Dolphins? Both came out on the same day …

Woolf was very clear he wasn’t making a decision until the end of July at the earliest. Saints are fine to wait (Wellens will take over if Woolf does go) and I reckon the Aussie press were just trying to influence things, and force Woolf into a decision. Dolphins inability to attract players is well documented at this point and Woolf seems well respected by players (Wests players were very vocal about wanting Woolf).

Honestly, I think him going back as an assistant is a slap in the face, he’s earnt his stripes and then some, and if Holbrook, Robinson, Brown etc we’re all able to walk into the big time job from SL, so can Woolf.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I can see Walmsley and Makemson going with him.... Great signings for a new club with a load of cash.

To be honest he should just offer Roby a load of cash to do a retirement year for the Dolphins - perfect player to guide a new team round the park - even at his age - you heard it here first...

Id be surprised if Makinson & Walmsley went to Oz. Mako will be 31 in October, Walmsley in now 32. Would they want to sign two ageing U.K. players and have to pay fees for them both. If they waited till the end of next season they could get Paasi on a free, he has been one of Saints’s best players this season. Also aren’t there thousands of top NRL players hanging around in the reserves. Lees is contracted till 2025 but they can have him for a small fee. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Please take Holbrook back, please please take him back!  And if not Holbrook then Paul Green someone else ready and waiting to continue the Titans demise.

10 hours ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

Wait the leak he has signed for Dolphins or that he hasn’t signed for Dolphins? Both came out on the same day …

Woolf was very clear he wasn’t making a decision until the end of July at the earliest. Saints are fine to wait (Wellens will take over if Woolf does go) and I reckon the Aussie press were just trying to influence things, and force Woolf into a decision. Dolphins inability to attract players is well documented at this point and Woolf seems well respected by players (Wests players were very vocal about wanting Woolf).

Honestly, I think him going back as an assistant is a slap in the face, he’s earnt his stripes and then some, and if Holbrook, Robinson, Brown etc we’re all able to walk into the big time job from SL, so can Woolf.

That he has signed for Dolphins of course. Why would confirmation he is not going to Redcliffe distract the current season? Timeline fits, it’s the end of July.

I reckon he could go straight in as a first team coach, but there are benefits to working as an understudy to Bennett at Redcliffe don’t you think. Coaching can be a very short career, so he shouldn’t be in any rush. Another couple of years under the guidance of Bennett can only help improve his coaching and assist the longevity of his career.