Summer bash

townie88

Big Derby game at the weekend and with all that's going on its hardly been discussed. 

Just listened to Jonty on radio. Haven do not have a single half back for this weekend. Is this the best opportunity we will have to get one over on the old enemy? Hoping the adversity of this week can galvanise us.

Will the club be showing the game at the ground for those unable to travel? Opportunity to get some much needed cash in?

49 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Big Derby game at the weekend and with all that's going on its hardly been discussed. 

Just listened to Jonty on radio. Haven do not have a single half back for this weekend. Is this the best opportunity we will have to get one over on the old enemy? Hoping the adversity of this week can galvanise us.

Will the club be showing the game at the ground for those unable to travel? Opportunity to get some much needed cash in?

Am going leeds,  but not over enthusiastic about the Derby tbh. Your right about showing the game at the club. Maybe open the fans zone? But too late now. Shame. 

• Confused 1

I can’t think of a Derby game I’ve been less interested in tbh . I don’t know if optimistic is the right word but I was very enthused and excited about going back into the Championship but it’s been a demoralising experience on the field and now off it . I knew it would be tough but I expected us to be more competitive . Whatever resources we had were spent poorly and it never ever looked like we had anything like enough quality . But whatever the standard the returns  and performances have been pitiful .  I’ll go to the Dewsbury game and give what I can as ever but it’s just been a sustained beatdown all year until we’ve had the stuffing knocked out . The danger is that it’s to much of one to get back up anytime soon 

• Like 5

Is the game not on Premier sports ? Hoping it is so not many people will be watching it. Never been so pleased to be away this weekend and miss the game. Probably over half the posters on here at the moment are haven fans,  will probably be 90% by Sunday night. Just as well haven are playing us twice, could have been an interesting run in with Dewsbury otherwise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

I can’t think of a Derby game I’ve been less interested in tbh . I don’t know if optimistic is the right word but I was very enthused and excited about going back into the Championship but it’s been a demoralising experience on the field and now off it . I knew it would be tough but I expected us to be more competitive . Whatever resources we had were spent poorly and it never ever looked like we had anything like enough quality . But whatever the standard the returns  and performances have been pitiful .  I’ll go to the Dewsbury game and give what I can as ever but it’s just been a sustained beatdown all year until we’ve had the stuffing knocked out . The danger is that it’s to much of one to get back up anytime soon 

Couldn't put it better myself 

• Like 1

Not sure If we are taking many fans to this game, I was amazed we took a bus to Sheffield last week. These fans who still travel evert other week to watch Town have my utmost respect, they are amazing. For those who are going, I just hope it isn't a total embarrassment and we at least show some fighting spirit and pride in the shirt. Good luck to the team and those incredible loyal fans.UTT.

• Like 7

I reckon given all the well documented money troubles that Town will win today. All part of a plot by Haven to hammer that final nail in the coffin by making the club pay out winning pay!!

(I’m obviously joking before the usual suspects pen their response!) 🤣🤣

….but I do think Town will win !

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I know it won't be well attended today but I'm due there will be more than the London v Sheffield  game yesterday. I'm sure the ground was completely empty. I'm not sure why this was moved from Blackpool ?

It’s only a one-off at Leeds, Blackpool ground was unavailable due to the football season starting yesterday earlier than usual cos of the World Cup. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1st try was especially harsh with the penalty, then looked like they lost the ball in the tackle. But we just can't catch a break can we? Need to try keeping the ball alive as its the only way we will break their line. Come on lads.

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 minutes ago, Andrew Newton said:

Decent dig by Town. Good effort lads. 

As per usual the effort can’t be faulted, we just haven’t got the quality to capitalise on it.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Thought town wer fantastic didn’t allow us to play and controlled the game for large parts haven just had moments of brilliance well done on today performance but haven very poor all round performances need improved dramatically 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1