Summer bash

townie88

3 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Very good effort by Town today, is Riley injured?

Ask at Sellafield 2morrow mate, you will certainly get to know from there. 🤔👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 28/07/2022 at 20:38, townie88 said:

Big Derby game at the weekend and with all that's going on its hardly been discussed. 

Just listened to Jonty on radio. Haven do not have a single half back for this weekend. Is this the best opportunity we will have to get one over on the old enemy? Hoping the adversity of this week can galvanise us.

Will the club be showing the game at the ground for those unable to travel? Opportunity to get some much needed cash in?

So Williams and Dixon are not available?. I am certain they were playing today.. I am sure they are both half backs.🤔 

• Haha 1

Big Derby game at the weekend and with all that's going on its hardly been discussed. 

Just listened to Jonty on radio. Haven do not have a single half back for this weekend. Is this the best opportunity we will have to get one over on the old enemy? Hoping the adversity of this week can galvanise us.

Will the club be showing the game at the ground for those unable to travel? Opportunity to get some much needed cash in?

So Williams and Dixon are not available?. I am certain they were playing today.. I am sure they are both half backs.🤔 

• Like 1

Sorry for triple post, been better if they were tries😔Well done to haven for the win but have to say the team Thorman had put out did not disappoint, but what happened to Kircup and Scott? I am sure they would had contributed... 

5 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Dixon been used most games at centre this year trouty pal but is a half I agree

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Sorry for triple post, been better if they were tries😔Well done to haven for the win but have to say the team Thorman had put out did not disappoint, but what happened to Kircup and Scott? I am sure they would had contributed... 

I believe they're both away on holidays

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, troutmaster said:

Cheer Marra,I knew he was a half has I wanted him at Town. 😁Congrats on the win and position I think is now safe.. 

cheers trouty I was surprised at the fort town put in if they could have finished some chances off you don’t know what might have happend pal I’m sure you will be ok. But wasn’t happy with haven mate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Newton said:

Decent dig by Town. Good effort lads. 

Cant fault the effort but really showed where we are weak, all the possession in the world but just couldnt find thatbit of class to get over the line, also thought  Haven really exposed our left edge, no pace at all.

Big shout out for Alex, thought he had a great game, him Jordan and Fitzy our best today for me.

• Like 4

Awesome effort today, dreaded getting walked over but town played well. Well done to them 👏

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Very good effort by Town today, is Riley injured?

?????? .....we only had 16 at Sheffield last week, but was he named in original squad. Thorman mentioned in an interview mid week that Riley was in contention for today......but no sign of him ?????

2 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Have you been to watch training Barry?

14 hours ago, chromedome said:

?????? .....we only had 16 at Sheffield last week, but was he named in original squad. Thorman mentioned in an interview mid week that Riley was in contention for today......but no sign of him ?????

Thorman has said a lot in interviews that has never materialised, I only listened to it on the radio and it sounded like a new team playing yesterday ? 

Given all the doom and gloom from the Worky fans before the game and talk of pay cuts and players refusing to play, I was expecting the team to roll over at the bash but in the end thought they put up a great effort, plenty of pride and commitment. Just lacked a cutting edge and ability to turn position and possession into points. Too late now for this season, I'm afraid but at least they wore the shirt with pride. Hope you can survive the inevitable relegation and come back stronger. Fans  deserve a competitive team- you only need to look at the number of posts on this forum, Worky have more posts than any other championship team. If only you could convert them into points. Good luck for the future.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Fans  deserve a competitive team- you only need to look at the number of posts on this forum, Worky have more posts than any other championship team. If only you could convert them into points. Good luck for the future.

Well observed marra.  And yet there are folk who have called the dedicated fans on this forum "keyboard warriors".

Especially hurtful was someone who is still wet behind the ears as a Townie. That fbook ridiculous post really upset me and was very much out of order.

Yes there are some who are inclined to join us proper Townies and take the proverbial you know what.

But in the main there are so very many forum posters who really care for the Town club - eat sleep drink Town.

And I'm thankful Town can still attract such diehards who do care deeply about the club. UTT.

• Like 12