Career opportunity and people you despise

I spend 27 years in senior logistics management and then took an opportunity to leave that business, pay off my mortgage and try something new. 

What i found is that there are some truly nasty people out there who really want to see you fail. 

Ive been in this job 5 weeks, and because of my previous roles, im thorough, very accurate and detailed and focused on what im doing. 

One bloke hates it

Literally cant stand the air that i breath. 

How best to resolve, without upsetting the apple cart

12 hours ago, The storm said:

I spend 27 years in senior logistics management and then took an opportunity to leave that business, pay off my mortgage and try something new. 

What i found is that there are some truly nasty people out there who really want to see you fail. 

Ive been in this job 5 weeks, and because of my previous roles, im thorough, very accurate and detailed and focused on what im doing. 

One bloke hates it

Literally cant stand the air that i breath. 

How best to resolve, without upsetting the apple cart

Take him to a Widnes home game. That way he'll feel and understand your pain.

• Haha 1

This often stems from a few different things. Sometimes you are just much better at your job and/or have a better work ethic which shows them in a bad light and makes them fearful of being found out. Some people just can't stand change or anything different. Others just don't take a shine for whatever reason. Often there's little you can do but just give it time and get on with everyone else.

Something similar happened to a friend of mine. After nearly 30 years of working for this company, he was diagnosed with a back condition which meant he could no longer go out and drive long distances and do his job. The company were very good and put him into the office. He was good at this and was receiving good comments about his work ethic. One of the supervisors took a dislike to him (as he was probably better at the supervisors job than he was) and began to pass comments, nothing nasty, just smarmy remarks, little jibes and put downs etc. It was starting to get him down after a few months. I suggested that he gets a note book and each time the supervisor made a remark or did something that made him feel uncomfortable he jotted it down with the time and date and who was present, and at least he would have some ammunition if things escalated.  A couple of weeks later, my mate was talking to another office colleague, telling him what he was doing when he turned round and saw the supervisor standing in the doorway, he had heard all he had said. He looked ashen, turned and walked away.  From that day on, the supervisor never spoke to him, other than to do with work, which is exactly what my mate wanted.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website